Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Mario Williams: "We have to win some way, somehow"

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Orchard Park, NY
    Posts
    134,126

    Default Mario Williams: "We have to win some way, somehow"

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    DE Mario Williams Wednesday, December 26, 2012 Q: With the Jets giving up 11.0 sacks last week, are you licking your chops looking at them? A: It is an opportunity to go out there and get after it...

    Click Here For Full Story...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    16,281

    Default

    Great job Mario.

    Can everyone read this:

    Q: How important is it for you to end the season on a high note?

    A: It is very important. Not just for myself, but everybody in this locker room, or the people upstairs and for the fans.

    He is dead right except for maybe the fans after what I read here day after day/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    15,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    Great job Mario.

    Can everyone read this:

    Q: How important is it for you to end the season on a high note?

    A: It is very important. Not just for myself, but everybody in this locker room, or the people upstairs and for the fans.

    He is dead right except for maybe the fans after what I read here day after day/
    Yes because ending on a high note will make sooo much difference going into next season...

    Keep telling yourself that.
    I am not a number, I am a free robot.

    Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    you are the biggest nuthugging,clueless poster on this board !!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Can we please stop this nonsense. I am about the Bills biggest fan and I could care less if they win or lose. One more thing, If winning or losing meaningless games at the end of the season actually meant something, or carried some kind of momentum into next year I would have cancelled my season tickets 13 years ago.

    The best thing is to get it over with, let us fans forget about how much this team sucked and send me my season ticket invoice in 3 months.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tax man View Post
    Can we please stop this nonsense. I am about the Bills biggest fan and I could care less if they win or lose. One more thing, If winning or losing meaningless games at the end of the season actually meant something, or carried some kind of momentum into next year I would have cancelled my season tickets 13 years ago.

    The best thing is to get it over with, let us fans forget about how much this team sucked and send me my season ticket invoice in 3 months.
    In the first sentence, you first talk about how you're one of the biggest fans, and then tear that entire idea up and throw it out the window with the next few words. Congrats!

    Win at all costs, in any situation!!! Go Mario!

    Go Bills!!!
    Marcel, Kyle Williams, and Mario Williams in for the sack. Its a ham sandwich!!!!

    "The only things you will regret in life are the risks not taken"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tulsa Ok
    Posts
    701

    Default

    Yeah because a win right now helps us. How about you do what you have been doing Mario and that is screw over Bills fans by NOT showing up and performing up to your huge *** contract you got.

    And I see we still have people thinking we should win at all costs. No. What we need to do right now is lose to the Jests and increase our draft position and PRAY Ralph, Nix, Gailey and everyone else is gone. That way hopefully if we get a good GM he can use the higher pick to address the Bills most glaring need since Jan 1996.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billsballer311 View Post
    In the first sentence, you first talk about how you're one of the biggest fans, and then tear that entire idea up and throw it out the window with the next few words. Congrats!

    Win at all costs, in any situation!!! Go Mario!

    Go Bills!!!
    Guess you got me there. Trust me I am a Bills fan, I have been making the 4 hour trip every week for the last 38 years. I am just fed up with this regime.I don't want to see Gaily or Fitz. If the win good and if they lose, well I have come to expect that.

    My real reason for my previous post was my thought that there is no way winning or losing the last game of the year has any bearing on the next year for players or season ticket holders. If that were true I would not renew if I was basing my decision on the last game of the year. Remember last year, Bills jump out to a big lead vs Patsies then get blown out in 2nd half. That way of reasoning I would not have renewed.

    All this player talk about respect, playing for next year, playing for the fans, the city and whatever else they play for is just canned player speak. Just play to win all the freakin games and we will all have all the respect we need.

    Thanks for keeping me honest.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    16,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 54 spielman View Post
    Yes because ending on a high note will make sooo much difference going into next season...

    Keep telling yourself that.
    Yes I will keep telling myself that but big difference, I am not playing the game, they are and to a player darn right I think it makes a big difference. You would want to sit around for 9 months after getting humiliated yet again? I don't know about you but I sure wouldn't.

    Losing mentality, boy the Bills fans sure do have it!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    16,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tax man View Post
    Can we please stop this nonsense. I am about the Bills biggest fan and I could care less if they win or lose. One more thing, If winning or losing meaningless games at the end of the season actually meant something, or carried some kind of momentum into next year I would have cancelled my season tickets 13 years ago.

    The best thing is to get it over with, let us fans forget about how much this team sucked and send me my season ticket invoice in 3 months.
    Losing mentality. It isn't important for a lot of fans but for the players, the players that actually care, **** right it is important. Lets see who decides to mail it in this game.

    So many fans would rather go out as big a loser as possible for the sake of moving up a few slots...and they wonder why the Bills have a losing culture and complain about the losing culture of OBD, Go Figure!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    17,562

    Default

    This should have been the attitude the first Jets game.Too little too late.
    Originally Posted by Griff
    I'm a Bills fan, I don't feel gloom, I've been baptized in fire. Wide right, Music City Forward Lateral, Pittsburgh's third stringers, 13 years, at this point nothing but moving the team would make me feel the gloom

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    9,206

    Default

    Save it for next season, Mario.

  12. #12

    Default

    Don't win on Sunday. This franchise needs as many breaks as it can get and either staying where they are or improving their position in the draft is more important than a win against the Jets.

    Although, even with a better draft position, I have no confidence that the Bills can parlay that into a quality pick.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    VERMONT !
    Posts
    3,350

    Default

    Last person we want to hear from is Mario. The guy duped us for half the season and now wants to go out and pad his numbers. Where did he learn that ?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Allegany,NY
    Posts
    6,844

    Default

    All you're gonna hear after Sundays game from these 'say the same thing week after week' players is the sound of their exhausts flying out of the stadium lots. Yeah, we have to win, because a month from now people are still going to be buzzing about that all important 6th win.
    The Buffalo Bills, rebuilding since the mid 90's!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,428

    Default

    Play all the subs including Jackson and see who to keep.
    The last thing we want at this point is a win.
    The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.
    --- Pink Floyd

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    Losing mentality. It isn't important for a lot of fans but for the players, the players that actually care, **** right it is important. Lets see who decides to mail it in this game.

    So many fans would rather go out as big a loser as possible for the sake of moving up a few slots...and they wonder why the Bills have a losing culture and complain about the losing culture of OBD, Go Figure!
    That's where you're wrong, Daryl. I respect you as a poster but I think you're way off base with this argument. One of the Bills biggest problems has been winning meaningless games that put them out of reach of the drafts elite players. Yes, I realize that is making the assumption that they make the right pick.

    It has always been frustrating to me that they can't seem to win when it matters but can do no wrong when only the "moral" victories are at stake. They have been the epitome of mediocre over the past decade because of this. And no, I'm not rooting for a loss in case you're wondering. Just wouldn't be upset in the least bit because in the end it is what's best for the team in the long term. You can keep your moral victories.
    Doug Marrone "We have the ability to affect a region, by putting a productive, winning football team out there. Thatís our higher calling. If youíre not buying into that then you donít need to be here. You can go play for some other team. We donít want those kinds of players on our football team."

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ottawa aka No Fun Town
    Posts
    15,667

    Default

    BTW did Mario play any QB in high school?
    I love the smell of charcoal in the morning.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,982

    Default

    the bills will win by losing !

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    16,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WackArnolds View Post
    That's where you're wrong, Daryl. I respect you as a poster but I think you're way off base with this argument. One of the Bills biggest problems has been winning meaningless games that put them out of reach of the drafts elite players. Yes, I realize that is making the assumption that they make the right pick.

    It has always been frustrating to me that they can't seem to win when it matters but can do no wrong when only the "moral" victories are at stake. They have been the epitome of mediocre over the past decade because of this. And no, I'm not rooting for a loss in case you're wondering. Just wouldn't be upset in the least bit because in the end it is what's best for the team in the long term. You can keep your moral victories.
    This might hold some water if it was Andrew Luck or RG III for a first or second slot, for next year's draft, postion number 8 or 12 is not going to make a material difference.

    Moral victories. Lets say if we were playing the Pats and a win by them made them the #1 seed, would you stil view it is notinhg more than a moral victory that meant little to the players or organization. Next years team is going to probabaly have 75% of the same players, I would actually prefer the won a "moral vicotry" in the last game of the season instead of picking # 8 vs #12.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ottawa aka No Fun Town
    Posts
    15,667

    Default

    I love the smell of charcoal in the morning.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •