Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snow hits Ralph Wilson Stadium- Shovelers needed

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Why are they shoveling the snow out of the stadium. The fans in Buffalo don't want a dome, they love playing in the elements. Let them sit in the elements too. If they want the players to play in the elements, then the fans should want to sit in it. The fans can dig a little hole in the snow big enough for them to fit in . What a bunch of wussies, wanting someone to remove the snow from their seats. Be a man and sit in a couple feet of snow, the deeper the better. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Shovel mine out I'll be there. Dam near everyone of these players said this week they arent quitting and they want to finish strong. Im making the 6hr trip just see if they lied to me again.

Quote Originally Posted by bumbles247 View Post
    Since the stadium is publicly owned and funded, why doesn't Taft-Hartley legislation apply? Shouldn't the job pay the prevailing wage for union laborers?

It is the davis -bacon act.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    The fans in Buffalo don't want a dome
    You have that right.

Quote Originally Posted by hounder View Post
    I think your wrong but thats not the point. Can you answer the 2nd question bumbles asked ? Off topic............lol

Quote Originally Posted by elliot07 View Post
    Shovel mine out I'll be there. Dam near everyone of these players said this week they arent quitting and they want to finish strong. Im making the 6hr trip just see if they lied to me again.
    6 hours??????? surely you jest! No one in their right mind would travel 6 hours to watch the lowly Bills. That would be like driving across three states, just to date a homely, manly looking, fat broad, who's wearing dirty stretch pants that she hasn't changed in 3 weeks!!! Oh yeah, I almost forgot, and she smells like two tons of rotten tuna and is missing all but two of her teeth!

What do you mean, that sounds like a typical Buffalo chick?? That's not very nice. ROFL
    Last edited by Terminator; 12-27-2012 at 06:53 PM.

I understand that there is work that needs to be done and OBD needs to hire someone to do it. But advertising it on the BBMB just seems so....tacky. It's like I throw a party at my house, then ask the guests "if you want to come early and clean my house, I'll pay you for it." You want your customers/guests to feel like everything is taken care of, without them even knowing about it.
    Cautiously Pessimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp View Post
    I understand that there is work that needs to be done and OBD needs to hire someone to do it. But advertising it on the BBMB just seems so....tacky. It's like I throw a party at my house, then ask the guests "if you want to come early and clean my house, I'll pay you for it." You want your customers/guests to feel like everything is taken care of, without them even knowing about it.
    So are you saying I'm invited to a party at your house? YAHOOOOO! I love parties, what day and what time? Is this a NEW YEARS party? Can I bring a date?

Quote Originally Posted by hounder View Post
    LOL I knew it was something like that. Been a long time since I learned any of that stuff.

But the question remains. Even under the current lease the County pays the Bills a certain amount per year in "operating expenses" or something similar. Public money is public money. Construction companies and contractors get in trouble all the time if they don't pay the prevailing wage on projects with public funding.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here. I'm honestly curious. What's the exemption for the Bills?
    This space reserved for something witty . . .

Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    Why would you care and when was the last time you bought a ticket to a home game?

Some of the unemployed here in WNY applaud this job opportunity.. a few hundred bucks in a few days for some hard work will sure help out some folks that are down on their luck.
    A few hundred bucks LOL! You will work 4-5 hours, and the state takes a chunk of it. By the time you're done, you're lucky to get $30 from it. They certainly won't give you the money under the table, that's for sure.
    Official 3rd Year Season Ticket Holder!

Section 129 Row 12 Seats 1&2

Green Bay had to do the same last weekend, and it was 10 bucks an hour as well.
    http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...nclick_check=1

People lined up nearly five hours before the stadium opened at 8 AM! Somehow I doubt anyone is in a similar rush to see Fitz versus Sanchez, and Gailey's last stand.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp View Post
    All articles get automatically posted to the message board. They didn't specifically post it here to get it to more people. This type of work is for college/high school kids to earn a few easy bucks, Bills fans or not.

Give Fitz a snowball and see if he can throw it more than 30 yards. See the new Wide Receiver- Chan

Shovel it yourself Hannah
    Adopt A Bill 2013 : Duke Williams

"Season Ticket Holder - The Rockpile"

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Brad2992

Quote Originally Posted by IKLT View Post
    LarryDavid is a fun guy.

LOL I knew it was something like that. Been a long time since I learned any of that stuff.

But the question remains. Even under the current lease the County pays the Bills a certain amount per year in "operating expenses" or something similar. Public money is public money. Construction companies and contractors get in trouble all the time if they don't pay the prevailing wage on projects with public funding.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here. I'm honestly curious. What's the exemption for the Bills?
    If the Republicans were in the White House, Halliburton would be charging OBD $50/hr for a "structural engineer" to supervise the shovelling.
    I love the smell of charcoal in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by ericwoodsfan View Post
    Give Fitz a snowball and see if he can throw it more than 30 yards. See the new Wide Receiver- Chan
    Fitz threw his arm out just reading that
    I love the smell of charcoal in the morning.

Mis-read the thread title. I thought Buddy had another presser and it meant bull**** hits RWS, shovelers needed.

throwback

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills View Post
    Why? Nobody's going to be there Sunday anyways.
    So true, Im a ST holder and the only reason I want to go is to throw some snowballs. Haha...J/K

They should make snowmen to fill all the empty seats!!!!

__
    ____
    http://boards.buffalobills.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=231919&dateline=13373  50032

Since the stadium is publicly owned and funded, why doesn't Taft-Hartley legislation apply? Shouldn't the job pay the prevailing wage for union laborers?
    I work w union shovelers. Ha!! But these are employees maybe it is different. If you wear the rat suit I will show up. Lol