Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Banks - Atlanta's Caldwell for Bills Gm??

Default Don Banks - Atlanta's Caldwell for Bills Gm??

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...-coaches-2012/

Buffalo -- The Bills are expected to end the three-year Chan Gailey coaching era following this season's major disappointment, but the mystery in Buffalo is whether general manager Buddy Nix is also on his way out. Team CEO Russ Brandon is thought to be in favor of a full house-cleaning, but no one I talked to within the league had a great handle on whether Bills owner Ralph Wilson agrees.
    Former Bills running back Thurman Thomas dropped a cryptic hint of changes to come within the organization via Twitter the other day, but no one seems quite sure what form a potential GM move would take. One option would be elevating assistant GM/director of player personnel Doug Whaley to the top job and commencing a coaching search after that change was made.
    Another potential GM candidate would be Caldwell, Atlanta's well-regarded director of player personnel. He's from the Buffalo area, and would welcome the chance to help the Bills end their NFL-worst playoff drought, which stands at 13 seasons and counting.
    As one NFL club executive explained, replacing Nix now is probably the smart move, because he has made it known the Bills will be aggressive in the search for the club's next starting quarterback, with Ryan Fitzpatrick not expected to return. "If you've got a GM who's hell-bent on getting a quarterback, you've got a guy who's at least in danger of giving up the farm to do so,'' the NFL club executive said. "A desperate general manager is the worst kind of general manager to have.'

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2GI3KJmEX

2013 Draft

I Have no clue but just want a QB

Follow me on twitter --------> @Whenry77

Monday is going to be very interesting

Makes too much sense

Good read.......

Caldwell worked with/under Dimitrioff.
    Dimitrioff is part of the Patriots Tree.

Yeah, I will eat a apple off that tree.

Caldwell doesn't have any more experience then Whaley, same with Marc Ross, another name I've seen kicked around here

​A True American Hero

"If ever a man had it all, it would have to be me"

"living is easy with eyes closed"

​"believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear"

Quote Originally Posted by bilzfancy View Post
    Caldwell doesn't have any more experience then Whaley, same with Marc Ross, another name I've seen kicked around here
    Marc Ross was in Buffalo already, we let him leave.

Only difference between Whaley and Caldwell is Caldwell has overseen the scouting department of one of the best drafting teams the last 5 years. So there would be more hope with Caldwell. I would take either of them, I also like that Caldwell wants to be here.

Sign me up..

I'm sorry but just makes zero sense to fire a GM after three years. Gailey I completely understand, but not Nix. Unless there is just some in house stuff going on that none of us know about then I completely disagree with firing Nix.
    **Doug Whaley Supporter**

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills View Post
    I'm sorry but just makes zero sense to fire a GM after three years. Gailey I completely understand, but not Nix. Unless there is just some in house stuff going on that none of us know about then I completely disagree with firing Nix.
    What has Nix done to deserve to be here more so than Gailey? He hired the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBills4Life View Post
    Marc Ross was in Buffalo already, we let him leave.

Only difference between Whaley and Caldwell is Caldwell has overseen the scouting department of one of the best drafting teams the last 5 years. So there would be more hope with Caldwell. I would take either of them, I also like that Caldwell wants to be here.
    Why not get both Caldwell and Ross in here. Caldwell GM with Marc Ross the Assistant GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billzgobowlin View Post
    Why not get both Caldwell and Ross in here. Caldwell GM with Marc Ross the Assistant GM.
    Marc Ross is one of the top 3 GM candidates in the NFL. He isnt coming here unless its to be the man.

Quote Originally Posted by RalphWilson'sWar View Post
    Caldwell worked with/under Dimitrioff.
    Dimitrioff is part of the Patriots Tree.

Yeah, I will eat a apple off that tree.
    As long as its not Scott Pioli

Quote Originally Posted by PABillsFan23 View Post
    What has Nix done to deserve to be here more so than Gailey? He hired the bum.
    Look at the offensive line and defensive line Nix has put together. He has said that that was his #1 goal when he came here was to address both lines. Now is the time to let him go out and get a head coach, go get a quarterback and go get some specialty players that we need. You can't just blow up a plan after three years just because two aspects of the team (coach, quarterback) are holding you back. Get rid of both of them, upgrade them and then see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by mrr0622 View Post
    As long as its not Scott Pioli
    Hey, he won the division. Lets not hate. Sure his coaching hires have sucked, but they did win at least once.

Young from a well run competent team sign him up

Caldwell has ties to Buffalo AND to Polian.

Quote Originally Posted by Bills_Chick View Post
    i would jizz
    On my face?