Thread: Buddy Nix No-Shows WGR - A Telling Sign of things to come?

Default Buddy Nix No-Shows WGR - A Telling Sign of things to come?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I specifically tuned into WGR this morning to hear the returning Howard Simon grill Buddy Nix about all of the behind-the-scenes rumors going on at One Bills Drive. However, it appears that Buddy was "traveling" and unable to make his weekly appearance. "Traveling?" Hmmm kind of weird? Maybe Buddy was visiting family down South for the holidays? Oh wait, Christmas was on a Tuesday - he should have returned to Buffalo midweek. Hmmm maybe he was "traveling" with the team to their game on Sunday. But the game on Sunday is in Buffalo right?

It seems very telling that Buddy picked the Friday when rumors are swirling in the air about his coach's and his own job security, to no-show a weekly interview segment that he agreed to, and to this point that he has seldom (if ever) missed. Looks like the old southern straight-shooter didn't want to answer the tough questions.

Don't be fooled - there is definitely something going down over at One Bills Drive. I think it's a forgone conclusion that Chan Gailey will likely not be back. Fitz - he's probably gone too. The question remains whether Buddy wants to come back. It's going to be extremely interesting over the next few weeks.

maybe u were traveling when this memo came out the other day, buddy is at the college bowl games scouting! Everyone that doesnt live under a rock knew he wasnt doing interview this morning.

Tomorrow is the Pin Stripe Bowl; Geno Smith and Ryan Nassib. He is probably in attendance. Don't read too much into Buddy not being around, although I think he is happy to have an excuse.

he probably is scouting and probably also didn't want to have the same questions thrown at him as the previous 5 shows, questions he has to be asked but can't/won't answer.

he's rescheduled for wednesday at 8am, probably post firings
    Last edited by st0nefeet; 12-28-2012 at 10:51 AM.

He bailed.
    We can dance around it all we like and come up with other names for what he did but bottom line it he bailed on the interview.

Scouting? 6 A.M. - 10 A.M.?
    Nice try.

Flying? To the Pinstripe Bowl? In New York City? From Buffalo? That is a 1 hour flight.

Not in Studio? Cell Phone, Pre-Record the day before?

Weak play by the G.M. To duck the interview.

Quack!

Quote Originally Posted by UpstateRules View Post
    Tomorrow is the Pin Stripe Bowl; Geno Smith and Ryan Nassib. He is probably in attendance. Don't read too much into Buddy not being around, although I think he is happy to have an excuse.
    Two pretty darn good reason for Buddy to be there or I guess he could hang around OBD and get on the radio listening to fans tell him what a dumb *** he is,

Re-scheduled for Wednesday now. Will be an interesting show no matter what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    Two pretty darn good reason for Buddy to be there or I guess he could hang around OBD and get on the radio listening to fans tell him what a dumb *** he is,
    So you think he is dumb ***? Maybe we finally agree on something.
    “Win or lose, they’re going to know we fought. We may not win every fight, but they’re going to know they were in a fight, and that’s the kind of team we’re going to put on the field.” -- Doug Whaley, Buffalo Bills GM

ADOPT-A-BILL: Tony Moeaki 06/01/2014

Quote Originally Posted by st0nefeet View Post
    he probably is scouting and probably also didn't want to have the same questions thrown at him as the previous 5 shows, questions he has to be asked but can't/won't answer.

he's rescheduled for wednesday at 8am, probably post firings
    Yep, does anyone really think they are going to find out something new from what he has said in the past? The interviews get tiresome, the interviewer has to do his job by badgering him to really answer and Nix has to do his job by saying nothing...all told at this point a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D for Big B View Post
    So you think he is dumb ***? Maybe we finally agree on something.
    No, I guess we can continue to diasgree on everything. I don't think he is a dumb *** at all, I think he is a pretty shrewd guy with an incredible depth of football knowledge and proven eye for talent.

Quote Originally Posted by RalphWilson'sWar View Post
    He bailed.
    We can dance around it all we like and come up with other names for what he did but bottom line it he bailed on the interview.

Scouting? 6 A.M. - 10 A.M.?
    Nice try.

Flying? To the Pinstripe Bowl? In New York City? From Buffalo? That is a 1 hour flight.

Not in Studio? Cell Phone, Pre-Record the day before?

Weak play by the G.M. To duck the interview.

Quack!

So, scouting for a bowl game is just hanging around, maybe watching soaps all day till the game comes on? Not, you know, interviewing guys, watching practices and that kind of thing? Come on.

He re-scheduled, for Pete's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post
    So, scouting for a bowl game is just hanging around, maybe watching soaps all day till the game comes on? Not, you know, interviewing guys, watching practices and that kind of thing? Come on.

It's a 18 minute interview at the max, for Paul's sake.

Just saying that if he wanted to do the interview he would have found a way.

But I am glad he re-scheduled. Does anyone know if he wil even be the G.M. Still on Wednesday?

Quote Originally Posted by UpstateRules View Post
    There were a couple of bowl games last night, and there is the Virginia Tech vs Rutgers game tonight.

I know everyone thinks you only go to bowl games to see the 1st round draft picks, but you also go to see 4th, 5th, 6th rounders as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post

Don't you dare ruin their little conspiracy theories with logic.