Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you feel about Rex Ryan as HC?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Billsfaninwtn View Post
    Lol guys in here saying no to Rex Ryan...

Guy has whipped us for 4 years. Has went to TWO AFC Championship games. Has beaten Belicheat and proved he can win division games...

I would LOVE Rex Ryan to be the HC here. Not to mention he could probably pull Norv Turner in here as the OC...
    I'm sorry. Would you please clarify exactly how much success he has had since the defense he inherited fell apart?

His attention whoring is really annoying and I don't think he's learned his lesson but he'd be better than any coach we've had here post Marv.

I would love it, but no way he gets fired

Quote Originally Posted by Koko78 View Post
    I'd love him as a DC. Get him a stud linebacker and let him run a version of his dad's 46 defense.
    That would be alot of fun here. Smothering defence with constant pressure on the QB; love it.
    I am not a number, I am a free robot.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReichComeback View Post
    @incarceratedbob reports that Rex Ryan is trying hard to get out of NY. There's going to be a lot of open coaching positions and its clear he'll get one of them. Buffalo will likely have an opening and it makes me wonder whether this would be a good place for him.

He'd bring a swagger and confidence that the team and city needs. He's also a fantastic defensive coach and decent at talent evaluation. I think that if Rex can get himself fired, he'd make a great head coach with Buffalo
    We should play a really fun and exciting BBMB game!

Anytime you see "IncarceratedBob" just replace his name with "idiot schlub who knows nothing" and we can go on our merry way.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    seriously. What part of rex runs a 3-4 defense do you not understand? Would i love him here? Yes x 1000, but mario left houstan because of the 3-4 defense and wants to be a down lineman in the 4-3. Our next coach will be running the 4-3 defense
    bingo !!!!!

A good head coach and defensive coordinator, but I dont think he would be a good fit for the Bills system wise. Thats without considering he's one of the most annoying coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by 54 spielman View Post
    DC-yes, HC-no.
    Plus 1!!!!
    In Dougs We Trust!!!!

Good Luck Stevie!!! You will be missed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bills_Chick View Post
    keep Gailey add Rex = playoffs

it'd be like Kubiak getting his Wade Phillips.
    What? Why would you want to keep Gailey?

Quote Originally Posted by jayryp80 View Post
    We should play a really fun and exciting BBMB game!

Anytime you see "IncarceratedBob" just replace his name with "idiot schlub who knows nothing" and we can go on our merry way.
    Already do that in my head so this should be easy lets see:

"@idiot schlub who knows nothing that Rex Ryan is trying hard to get out of NY. There's going to be a lot of open coaching positions and its clear he'll get one of them. Buffalo will likely have an opening and it makes me wonder whether this would be a good place for him.

He'd bring a swagger and confidence that the team and city needs. He's also a fantastic defensive coach and decent at talent evaluation. I think that if Rex can get himself fired, he'd make a great head coach with Buffalo."

Looks about right

I would be all for it. I think he's a great football mind, good talent evaluator, players love playing for him, and I think he's learned a lot from some mistakes he's made during his time with the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by LABILLBACKER View Post
    .....I'll take any coach with fire & passion and Rex certainly qualifies.....no more of these dull, bland, boring, emotionless fools.....
    exactly...I have given up on having a contender...at least give us some entertainment that surrounds the team

ישוע המשיח הוא אלוהים
    Sebastian River Sharks Football 2014. Go Sharks!

I'm not sure it's a good fit he runs a 3-4 plus I wouldn't want to hire a head coach so he can get revenge on his former team

**** that!!! He took over a team Mangini built and added a couple guys. They have gradually gotten worse every season.

Absolutely would love him as Buffalo's HC but I don't think he would come to Buffalo. Maybe give him full reigns and he might.
    “Win or lose, they’re going to know we fought. We may not win every fight, but they’re going to know they were in a fight, and that’s the kind of team we’re going to put on the field.” -- Doug Whaley, Buffalo Bills GM

ADOPT-A-BILL: Tony Moeaki 06/01/2014

Like the guy or not... Bob was the first to report the news about Gailey being in limbo while the local media claimed that Nix would stand by him. Same thing happened with Rex. Now the mainstream media is reporting this.

A lot of people give him flack. Sure he misses, but analysts on ESPN do too.

I'm a believer in second chances.. I saw Bill Belichick serve as HC in Cleveland, with all the attendant mistakes and "rookie" miscues. Belichick turned out OK after landing in New England.

Maybe a change of scenery is what Ryan needs - it would give him a chance to learn from his mistakes, tone down his message.

I'm not 100% opposed to it, is what I'm saying.
    “Right now, we just lost to the ****ing Buffalo Bills.” - Jets RG Willie Colon, Nov 17, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReichComeback View Post
    @incarceratedbob reports that Rex Ryan is trying hard to get out of NY. There's going to be a lot of open coaching positions and its clear he'll get one of them. Buffalo will likely have an opening and it makes me wonder whether this would be a good place for him.

He'd bring a swagger and confidence that the team and city needs. He's also a fantastic defensive coach and decent at talent evaluation. I think that if Rex can get himself fired, he'd make a great head coach with Buffalo
    No...we need someone who can actually come up with an offense.
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Arnold View Post
    I would be all for it. I think he's a great football mind, good talent evaluator, players love playing for him, and I think he's learned a lot from some mistakes he's made during his time with the Jets.
    A first. I agree with you.
    Originally Posted by lilfaith24
    Tuel is not a bad QB,you just have no clue.

Personally, I cant stand the guy. However, if he can turn this ship around and take us to the show then Im all for it. I dont care what the coaches name is, I just want to ****ing have a winning team again. Not just a slight winner... a consistant contender. Not get booted from the wild card... Division winner, AFC championships... I want the whole shabang. Hire the guy that will make that happen.