Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This QB draft class is garbage, so who's a UFA or on the trade block?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Cornette'sCommentary View Post
    Glennon's a statue, Kansas City's taking Smith, and Murray's ok.
    What would you call Tom Brady?
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - Jorge Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by Cornette'sCommentary View Post
    Glennon's a statue, Kansas City's taking Smith, and Murray's ok.
    HAha, I remember about 9 years ago hating Drew Bledsoe because of his statue-like mobility and seemingly uncanny ability to choke when it mattered most. Now, I long for the days of Drew Bledsoe...smh
    "Uh, well, listen, Bingo, we got a bucket of nose clams fresh from the sea, sweet delicious nose clams that are looking for a home, if you follow me."

WHy are people still complaining about the top end quality of this QB class. There are plenty of guys rated mid 1st-2nd that can be drafted. Guys rated above everyone's hero's Dalton, Wilson, and Kaepernick.

The Bills can get a good QB. WHat I like about this class is there are a lot of seniors that played a lot of football, it could also be why they are getting over analyzed right now. Once the senior bowl and combine passes we will know if there are any blue chip QB's in this class.

Man, I wish this was 1999

we could totally have a chance at Tim Couch or Akili Smith. We could even trade down and get CADE MCNOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by angrycris View Post
    If EJ Manuel and Landry Jones are the best guys in this class...no thank you! I'd rather roll with Fitz. What QBs are hitting the open market? Any guys that could be traded for? Phillip Rivers?
    And you are the top Talent evaluator in the NFL For what team?

Actually, overall, this is a MUCH better draft class than last year. It's not top heavy like last year, but there are probably seven guys that will go before the end of the second.

Smith
    Barkley
    Wilson
    Glennon
    Jones
    Nassib
    Dysert

Plus Aaron Murray if he comes out.

That's alot of top 50-75 talent at the QB position.

Trent Dilfer says Tebow is a completely different QB. And he has a ring.

I'm fine with Dysert in the second this year. He may or may not be the long term answer, but he's worth a shot in round two.
    Last edited by Spackler; 12-28-2012 at 04:03 PM.

I did some research and still think this class is trash. Geno Smith is the top prospect and he is goofy as he can be. hitting wide open receivers in the big 12 means nothing to me. Plus I don't think he's got the mental toughness required to succeed.

Who are the mentally tough guys out there? The is Russell Wilson's #1 attribute.
    "Uh, well, listen, Bingo, we got a bucket of nose clams fresh from the sea, sweet delicious nose clams that are looking for a home, if you follow me."

I did some research and still think this class is trash. Geno Smith is the top prospect and he is goofy as he can be. hitting wide open receivers in the big 12 means nothing to me. Plus I don't think he's got the mental toughness required to succeed.

Who are the mentally tough guys out there? The is Russell Wilson's #1 attribute.
    Tyler Wilson, Aaron Murray are the two that I know of for sure.

Trent Dilfer says Tebow is a completely different QB. And he has a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka_GoBills View Post
    Actually, overall, this is a MUCH better draft class than last year. It's not top heavy like last year, but there are probably seven guys that will go before the end of the second.

Smith
    Barkley
    Wilson
    Glennon
    Jones
    Nassib
    Dysert

Plus Aaron Murray if he comes out.

That's alot of top 50-75 talent at the QB position.
    agreed, atleast 2-3 of those guys will be top 15 qbs in the league imo

How about a QB from a winning team? NC State, Arkansas, Syracuse... These teams suck! When you look at Dalton, Wilson, and Kaepernick; they actually won in college and elevated their team's play. These guys are a bunch of duds. Maybe Aaron Murray is the one guy you can say led his team to some impressive wins...but we don't even know if he'll be in the pool...

Matt Barkley is the best most pro ready QB in the draft he is a better version of Andy dalton and would be a great pick up in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by cksteele79 View Post
    Matt Barkley is the best most pro ready QB in the draft he is a better version of Andy dalton and would be a great pick up in the draft
    what about his shoulder? is he too soft and pretty?

Quote Originally Posted by Clemfield2622 View Post
    Man, I wish this was 1999

we could totally have a chance at Tim Couch or Akili Smith. We could even trade down and get CADE MCNOWN!!!
    Tim Couch is one of those guys who probably could have turned out okay if not for being drafted into a total train-wreck of a situation.
    Akili Smith and Cade McNown; however, were probably doomed to fail no matter what.

As for this draft, I suspect we'll be taking a QB in the 2nd. Lots of quarterbacks in that category.
    Marrone and Manuel. Let us hope M&M are the long-awaited heralds of a new era.

How about a QB from a winning team? NC State, Arkansas, Syracuse... These teams suck! When you look at Dalton, Wilson, and Kaepernick; they actually won in college and elevated their team's play. These guys are a bunch of duds. Maybe Aaron Murray is the one guy you can say led his team to some impressive wins...but we don't even know if he'll be in the pool...
    its not Tyler Wilson's fault he played for an idiot HC, he's the toughest SOB QB in this draft, a leader and IMO, will end being the best pro QB.

​A True American Hero

"If ever a man had it all, it would have to be me"

"living is easy with eyes closed"

​"believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear"

what about his shoulder? is he too soft and pretty?
    What about his shoulder ? It's fine he is letting it heal for the combine and his pro day. the guy is not soft and pretty he has gone through adversity at USC under the sanctions .comes from a good family hard work ethic great leader and very high football IQ good arm and can make all the throws you need

some will hate on him because he comes from California or USC but he is going to be a good NFL QB

My preference would be to draft a rookie and sign an experienced QB like Matt Moore, Jason Campbell or perhaps Haselbeck (if available) to compete with each other. As for which rookie I'd be happy with any out of Manuel, Nassib, Glennon, Barkley or Wilson.

mike glennon is the most overrated qb in this draft and some foolish team will reach about 2 to 3 rounds ahead of where he should go !

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    mike glennon is the most overrated qb in this draft and some foolish team will reach about 2 to 3 rounds ahead of where he should go !
    I haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion either way, but I will watch him next week

​A True American Hero

"If ever a man had it all, it would have to be me"

"living is easy with eyes closed"

​"believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear"

Tyler Wilson and Aaron Murray (if declares) would be a possible first round pick for us. Nassib, Dysert, and a couple of others may be ok in the 2nd to 3rd round. I liked last years prospects much better than this years for sure (as a whole). More questions surrounding this years crop than last years. We are obviously going to have to take a chance on someone. If Wilson or Murray doesn't spark a ton of confidence in OBD, then take a blue chip player at another position and use our 2nd on a dart throw at a guy who could at least be a decent backup in the future. Fitz just can't complete a pass that is outside a 15 yard radius from his person.
    2014 draft:

1) J. Matthews / T. Lewan (OT)
    2) ASJ / Troy Niklas (TE)
    3) C. Latimer/D. Moncreif/Jordan Matthews (WR)
    4) E.J. Gaines (CB)
    5) B. Thomas (G/T)
    7) Punter