Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So you want to keep Nix?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Learn football View Post
    Tulsa,you are absolutely right. This board Tulsa so you know,is made up of alot of people who never played,were never athletic and think they can talk football. Wilson,mckelvin,chandler,Moore,Barnett could never ever start for half the teams in this league. McIntyre is and obsolete fullback. Tulsa they say that nix has improved our teams to a awesome 5 in 10 record. Then one genius says once he gets his franchise qb,even though he had three years to draft one and considering the past draft might be the second best qb draft of all time. But wait until drafts that franchise qb. Or that he hired gailey,or that he gave a puke of a quarterback in Fitzpatrick a franchise qb deal. I just have to laugh because the one good thing about this board,99 percent don't own businesses and don't have to make dumb decisions like ralph. If any one understood football they would know you have to find a franchise quarterback, and not to draft with your first ever pick another running back. Bunnnny is to old to know how to build a team
    "5 in 10"????

And if these people haven't played, aren't athletic, and don't even own businesses, WHAT THE HELL HAVE THEY DONE WITH THEIR LIVES?!!??!?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by George C View Post
    All due respect but.. Buddy has left this roster with far more damage than whatever he did positive.

We have no quarterbacks at all, a first and second round studded DB group that aren't very good while having it's best member ready to leave. Lets hope Gilmore pans out.
    We never had a QB. We still have to wait on the DBs, who weren't very good when Buddy got here anyway. There are, no doubt, positions on this roster than Buddy did not improve. I never said there was an improvement in every single part of the roster. But I do believe he has improved the overall quality/talent level of the roster.
    And why are you including Byrd's contract in this discussion? It has nothing to do with whether Buddy improved the roster or not, and he hasn't left yet.

Tulsa,you are absolutely right. This board Tulsa so you know,is made up of alot of people who never played,were never athletic and think they can talk football. Wilson,mckelvin,chandler,Moore,Barnett could never ever start for half the teams in this league. McIntyre is and obsolete fullback. Tulsa they say that nix has improved our teams to a awesome 5 in 10 record. Then one genius says once he gets his franchise qb,even though he had three years to draft one and considering the past draft might be the second best qb draft of all time. But wait until drafts that franchise qb. Or that he hired gailey,or that he gave a puke of a quarterback in Fitzpatrick a franchise qb deal. I just have to laugh because the one good thing about this board,99 percent don't own businesses and don't have to make dumb decisions like ralph. If any one understood football they would know you have to find a franchise quarterback, and not to draft with your first ever pick another running back. Bunnnny is to old to know how to build a team
    I find this entire post to be extremely ironic.

The board is very amusing these days
    I look at Nix the same way I look at Gailey or another Bills player, including Fitz
    That is if we can do better, make the change
    I don't play favourites as it has nothing to do with whether the person is likeable or not
    But this opinion that we're a QB and HC away from winning is crazy
    Just because we get a different pivot we are not suddenly going to win
    Same for HC and or GM
    Not that I'm saying we shouldn't clean slate
    But unlike everyone here I have other reasons to clean slate
    It's not just about Fitz, the use of Spiller, etc
    No one here wants to talk about our fumbling problem
    We have huge ST breakdowns
    We still have holes in the trenches in both our lines where most games are won or lost
    We still have a year in and year out horrible defense that gives up way too many points and way too many rushing yards
    Keep all this in mind when you suggest making changes
    Too many of you still think the game is won by scoring the most points
    But those who actually play the game know you also win by giving up the least
    Just saying...

jc

Team sucks because of the fans...Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by wilcoam View Post
    I look at Nix the same way I look at Gailey or another Bills player, including Fitz
    I don't play favourites as it has nothing to do with whether the person is likeable or not
    Same for HC and or GM
    We still have holes in the trenches in both our lines where most games are won or lost
    We still have a year in and year out horrible defense that gives up way too many points and way too many rushing yards
    Just saying...

jc
    At first I thought this was supposed to be a poem. I was so disappointed when I saw that there were no rhymes.

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    We never had a QB.
    Three years under Nix, and we have even less Quarterbacks if that was even possible...Nix did pull that off..

And why are you including Byrd's contract in this discussion?
    Because it is the GM's job to get these guys signed.
    Just why do you think Byrd is looking elsewhere?
    Probably because he figures we totally suck, and he want's no part of more time under these conditions.
    It has nothing to do with whether Buddy improved the roster or not, and he hasn't left yet.
    Excuse me?
    Byrd and Andy are ready to walk. Now we have even more holes to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by George C View Post
    Three years, and we have even less Quarterbacks if that was even possible...Nix did pull that off..

Because it is the GM's job to get these guys signed.
    Just why do you think Byrd is looking elsewhere?
    Probably because he figures we totally suck, and he want's no part of it

Excuse me?
    Byrd and Andy are ready to walk. Now we have even more holes to fill.
    yep, Byrd and Levitre are ready to walk, just like SJ did last season, or Kyle Williams the year before

"If ever a man had it all, it would have to be me"

"living is easy with eyes closed"

Bills mock (subject to change many times by May)

1) trade with Rams again 9 for 13 + 44 Kony Ealy DE
    2) Antonio Richardson OT Tenn.
    2)Troy Niklas TE ND
    3)Jeremiah Attaochu OLB GT
    4) Kenny Ladler DB Vandy
    5)Andrew Jackson MLB W. Kent.
    7)Russell Bodine C,G N. Caro

Quote Originally Posted by bilzfancy View Post
    yep, Byrd and Levitre are ready to walk, just like SJ did last season, or Kyle Williams the year before
    Yep, but we do have Merriman, don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by wilcoam View Post
    Same for HC and or GM
    Just saying...

jc
    Any musicians? If I was, I would make a song, use these as my lyrics, and post it on youtube. Just sayin...

And Will? It's our fault. It's the fans who have never played, aren't athletic, and don't even have their own business fault. It's unfortunate, but proven.

Quote Originally Posted by josh4est View Post
    He's improved this roster. And this team is not mostly made up of "non starters" Anybody on the OLine, Chandler, Stevie, Spiller, jackson, McIntyre, Mario, Kyle, Marcell, Moore, Barnett, Gilmore, McKelvin, Byrd, and George Wilson all could easily be starting on half of the NFL. There are other guys that could probably borderline be starting including Rinehart, Fitzpatrick, Brad Smith, David Nelson, Kelsay, Sheppard, Williams, & Searcy.

If you keep Nix that does not mean you keep Fitz. In fact, Nix just said "the time is now for the Buffalo Bills to make a move for a long term franchise QB". That is almost an exact quote if not an exact. And saying that because nobody has ever offered him a GM spot is reason for him not to be hired in the 1st place is bogus. You're telling me you would never hire a GM if he wasn't one before? Or a HC if he never was one before? And how do you know he wasn't offered a spot. He was instrumental in building the Chargers back in the day. Eli for Rivers, LT, Merriman, Castillo, and many other of their starters in the last decade were some of his decisions. He has been a decent asst. GM and has been in the Front Office/Scouting departments of many teams.

Basically what you are saying is that the way you succeed is to fire everybody everytime a little bit of failure rears its head. Texans were horrible under their coach...they stuck with him and now are one of the best teams in the NFL. I know that sometimes the only way is to clean house and start over but that is when you are at rock bottom. Buffalo is not at rock bottom. Cleveland, Miami, Oakland...these are teams that are/were at rock bottom and started over.
    bingo... well said

we are three players and 1 coach (d-cord) away from being good and people want to jump ship already. The texans are the perfect team to mock.
    Welcome to the NFL, where the only measure of success can be found in the standings

Would you go and work for a 94 year old owner and a good ole boy gm who is 73
    This is a major problem.
    Originally Posted by Griff
    I'm a Bills fan, I don't feel gloom, I've been baptized in fire. Wide right, Music City Forward Lateral, Pittsburgh's third stringers, 13 years, at this point nothing but moving the team would make me feel the gloom