Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you remember the greatest comeback in NFL history?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by jcmccall View Post
    Yet it wasn't televised.
    I watched it at my aunts house in Boston, NY who had a dish. How is that even possible? LOL
    “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” -William Ward

What happened to Reich?

I watched it on a big dish at my uncles house picking up the game somewhere in Virginia. At 35-3 I almost left in disgust. When Kenny Davis scored and then Christie recovered the onside kick I looked at my Uncle and said we are gonna win this game. That night I recorded Prime time on VHS. Berman and Jackson were awesome recapping the game. If I can't find that on you tube I will have to plug in the VHS and dig out the tape. What a game. Then to get Kelly back and destroy Miami in their house in the Championship game. What a great era for Bills fans.

Quote Originally Posted by AWorldOfPain View Post
    I watched it at my aunts house in Boston, NY who had a dish. How is that even possible? LOL
    In the days before directv and the Sunday ticket you could pick up the games even when they weren't locally televised. That is no longer the case....except for a special trick. You set up your billing address in a city far enough away that you aren't in the blackout zone. Perhaps a relative that lives out of state. Voila, you still get the games even when they are blacked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Town&Country View Post
    I'm thinking C-band.
    I miss those parties, old school dishes, swapping out cartridges until one worked!!!!

Can't remember the name of the bar, but we always went to the one up by Amherst Theater.

Quote Originally Posted by Marky_Mark View Post
    if this team had half the heart those guys played with that day. this 13 year drought would never have happened
    your right 100% right, those guys cared. these current bills have no heart and like to lay down.

Quote Originally Posted by billsrule View Post
    your right 100% right, those guys cared. these current bills have no heart and like to lay down.
    There is no Daryl Talley on this team.
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.

I was living in Lawrence Ks at the time.. Watched the whole game... Amazing..

Bible true story here:

I went with a friend and his whiny 10 year old kid who made us leave at halftime. The plan was to eat dinner at his house. He dropped me off at my car which was parked near the stadium, and I went right back to the stadium instead..
    I got back in at the mid part of the 3rd, and saw the rest unfold while sitting at the 50 yard line in some saps seats who left....
    My best memory was the God like "instant" rain that fell during Houston's field goal where the snap slipped out of the holders hands .After the bad hold, the rain stopped. Weird..
    I think everyone knew at that point that Buffalo would win...

After that win, I was so jacked up, that I called my friend up at midnight and told him to get his things because we were headed to Pittsburgh right now. Got in line at Three Rivers at 5:00 am..

I was interviewed on Pittsburgh's morning TV because it was the first Steelers playoff game in years, and we were at the head of the line wearing Buffalo Blue. I told the city of Pittsburgh "live" that this game was going to be "EASY, so easy" for Buffalo while everyone in the background booed me.

It was glorious...

On the way home, my wife calls me to tell me that I was on WKBW's sports blurb before the broadcast began, and asked me "what the hell did you say because everyone in WNY is about to see your face"..
    It was freaking awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Matrix View Post
    My God, I know. EVERYONE talks about being at that game, and I've literally never met a person to admitted to leaving. I get it, it was a great day, but the game was blacked out! Let's not act like this was the day we beat the Jets to win the division.

It would really cheer me up to just hear ONE person fessing up to leaving early, or that they were never there at all. I was only 2 at the time, so I was very much not there, though I have watched the game in its entirety and do think it's a cool piece of our history. Interesting how close that game got to getting completely out of hand throughout the third.
    The posts came crashing down. November 20th, 1988. Fred blocks NY Jet Pat Leahy's field goal attempt from 40 yards, with 19 seconds left, in a 6 to 6 tie game. The Bills win in overtime on Scott Norwood's field goal and clinch their first AFC East Title since 1980.

My pops was at this game. I was only 8 yrs old but remember and have the game on VHS.

Quote Originally Posted by George C View Post
    Bible true story here:

I went with a friend and his whiny 10 year old kid who made us leave at halftime. The plan was to eat dinner at his house. He dropped me off at my car which was parked near the stadium, and I went right back to the stadium instead..
    I got back in at the mid part of the 3rd, and saw the rest unfold while sitting at the 50 yard line in some saps seats who left....
    My best memory was the God like "instant" rain that fell during Houston's field goal where the snap slipped out of the holders hands .After the bad hold, the rain stopped. Weird..
    I think everyone knew at that point that Buffalo would win...

After that win, I was so jacked up, that I called my friend up at midnight and told him to get his things because we were headed to Pittsburgh right now. Got in line at Three Rivers at 5:00 am..

I was interviewed on Pittsburgh's morning TV because it was the first Steelers playoff game in years, and we were at the head of the line wearing Buffalo Blue. I told the city of Pittsburgh "live" that this game was going to be "EASY" for Buffalo while everyone in the background booed me. It was glorious...
    I've often thought of that too. It doesn't really show up on TV that well, but I remember it was almost amazing how it just started raining fairly hard right then and there, and as soon as he dropped the snap it stopped raining just as quickly.
    This space reserved for something witty . . .

it was a blackout on TV and 2,000,000 swear they watched the whole thing in the Buffalo region

i was listening on radio then turned it off at halftime...... dumbass that i was .......Kenny Davis was a beast

Quote Originally Posted by micman View Post
    I watched it on TV about 3 miles from the stadium in Blasdell. My uncle had a party and almost everyone left. We never turned it off. Stayed in the same seats for good luck.
    really, I thought it was blacked out.

Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    really, I thought it was blacked out.
    I assumed he was being a smart ***, like I was about being there. (I wasn't there, I believe I went outside and played football just before halftime, and was yelled at by my dad to get back inside and the Bills were down by 1 or 2 scores.)

I was not in Buffalo for this game. I was home from college and watching it with my girlfriend's family. Before halftime her father and mother had left because they didn't want to see me in agony. Her sister left at halftime. I never turned it off. My GF wanted to make me feel better and well...I won't go into details but by the time the Bills started to rally and I was back into the game my GF was kind of mad at me for ignoring her while she was doing what she was doing until she started to watch what was happening too and we both got caught up in the game again. She never mentioned anything about that incident but I could see it in her eyes, she knew I loved Bills football more than her...

Quote Originally Posted by Billzfan51 View Post
    I was not in Buffalo for this game. I was home from college and watching it with my girlfriend's family. Before halftime her father and mother had left because they didn't want to see me in agony. Her sister left at halftime. I never turned it off. My GF wanted to make me feel better and well...I won't go into details but by the time the Bills started to rally and I was back into the game my GF was kind of mad at me for ignoring her while she was doing what she was doing until she started to watch what was happening too and we both got caught up in the game again. She never mentioned anything about that incident but I could see it in her eyes, she knew I loved Bills football more than her...
    Hahahaha, great story, my ex-wife found out the same thing, best trade I ever made

Quote Originally Posted by Billzfan51 View Post
    Did the mother or sister join in? Hell did the dog sniff afterwards? Tell us more

did you set your beer on the top of her head?

Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post

Hahahaha, great story, my ex-wife found out the same thing, best trade I ever made
    It was better she found out then I guess, rather than years later...
    Quote Originally Posted by superbowl View Post
    Did the mother or sister join in? Hell did the dog sniff afterwards? Tell us more
    No I clearly stated that both her mother and her sister had already left the premises... There really isn't much more to tell....sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Clemfield2622 View Post
    did you set your beer on the top of her head?
    I cannot confirm nor deny that such an event may have taken place. But it sure sounds like something I would have done...