Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stevie Johnson

Default Stevie Johnson

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I saw someone say earlier that Stevie's numbers will drop without gailey. Are you joking? Stevie will flourish without these losers.

Best body control in the league, nearly impossible to play man coverage on him

Quote Originally Posted by mol View Post
    I saw someone say earlier that Stevie's numbers will drop without gailey. Are you joking? Stevie will flourish without these losers.

Best body control in the league, nearly impossible to play man coverage on him
    I believe with a real QB, in this offense, Johnson would have around 1200 yards. He is a great route runner and has had some good games vs some very good DB's in his career.

It will depend on the offense the Bills install next year, but if the Bills have a consistent passer...Johnson will be fine.

Once we a get real QB in here our whole offense will flourish.

With a good qb he'd be in the conversation as one of the best in the league

Not to sidetrack the conversation, but how good would Johnson look in Josh McDaniels offense?

Pretty good if you ask me...

The reason why is Gailey let's his runners run their own routes. If new coach comes he may not have that freedom

Quote Originally Posted by st0nefeet View Post
    With a good qb he'd be in the conversation as one of the best in the league
    Lets not get carried away...

Quote Originally Posted by nateodoms'bff View Post
    Not to sidetrack the conversation, but how good would Johnson look in Josh McDaniels offense?

Pretty good if you ask me...
    You mean with Brady throwing to him right?

This thread is clueless.

The reason SJ13 may suffer without Gailey is that Gailey tells SJ "I don't care how you get there, just get there". He allows SJ to use his zany route running style to fake out defenders, run unconventional routes, and get open.

99.9% of football coaches do not allow this. There's a certain route you're supposed to run a certain way, and if you don't, the coach shows you the door.

The thinking, then, is that without cart Blanche to be creative with his routes, SJ will suffer. I believe this. He doesn't really have exceptional physical gifts. His whole deal is that he's such an unorthodox route runner that he confounds cornerbacks. Force him to be orthodox and watch his production suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    This thread is clueless.

The reason SJ13 may suffer without Gailey is that Gailey tells SJ "I don't care how you get there, just get there". He allows SJ to use his zany route running style to fake out defenders, run unconventional routes, and get open.

99.9% of football coaches do not allow this. There's a certain route you're supposed to run a certain way, and if you don't, the coach shows you the door.

The thinking, then, is that without cart Blanche to be creative with his routes, SJ will suffer. I believe this. He doesn't really have exceptional physical gifts. His whole deal is that he's such an unorthodox route runner that he confounds cornerbacks. Force him to be orthodox and watch his production suffer.
    An intelligent coach would be smart enough to let him do what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    This thread is clueless.

Yeah I'm definitely concerned about this. Incoming HC needs to be practical and realize why Johnson has had success.

Chan Gailey made Stevie Johnson. Before Chan, Stevie was at the bottom of the depth chart and wouldn't have been given a chance.

You people act like the only thing johnson does is run shake slant routes. He is a good router runner overall.

LMAO at gailey made johnson. That fool hasnt made any player besides kordell stewart...he just finally gave him a chance.

Any new coach that comes in and takes away Johnson's strength as a player should not be the head coach.

You have to coach to a players strength's, not your own ego.

He Runs all over the field but he still drops the ball too much. He makes the easy ball look hard to catch. he would have 1500yds If he could catch and not give up on plays

Quote Originally Posted by JROCK2004 View Post
    The reason why is Gailey let's his runners run their own routes. If new coach comes he may not have that freedom

I always thought they ran very sloppy routes, al the WRS are undisciplined imo. They just didn't run wild, that is not true, witness the TJ Graham running the rong route to end the game with anint or the reasonwhy they were so slow tolet TJ or Easley play, as Gailey said, they just dont get on the file and run around.

Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    He Runs all over the field but he still drops the ball too much. He makes the easy ball look hard to catch. he would have 1500yds If he could catch and not give up on plays
    There is a lot of truth to this comment, he like many of our WRs runs undisciplined routes.

I'd love if someone can bring up a statistic where Stevie drops balls v other WR's in the NFL.

I love the guy dont get me wrong. I wish he had Chandlers hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeling On Youboty View Post
    I'd love if someone can bring up a statistic where Stevie drops balls v other WR's in the NFL.
    Dont need stats. I have eyes. He Drops The Ball.