Thread: Prepare yourselves...

Default Prepare yourselves...

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

OK let's hear them, your early 2013 mock draft. I haven't followed college players that much this year, but I know a lot of you have. The top 20 draft order is finalized, so let loose.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Fans get me going. The worst thing to do is talk junk to me before I'm about to go against your quarterback. Whenever I get trash talked by fans at an away game, that's the best motivation. Because I know if I get the opportunity to get to the quarterback, it's going to be even worse now. If there's a fan telling me I'm garbage and my team sucks, you're talking directly to me. And I'm going to take it out directly on your quarterback." - Mario Williams

Hear is my top 10 mock draft, no need going beyond that since the Bills pick 8 LOL:

1. KC Chiefs- OT- Luke Joeckle
    I really think KC pulls a Miami and drafts possibly the best LT to come out since Joe Thomas, he would instantly upgrade the OL and they take the best QB available in round 2.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars- OLB/DE Jarvis Jones
    They could go QB but it wont matter, they have zero pass rush, Jones is a beast of a pass rusher and a major upgrade to anything that the Jags have, Tebow also may be coming to Jax.

3. Oakland Raiders- CB Demarcus Milliner
    Raiders could use a good DT or pass rusher but that secondary is atrocious, Milliner is a ball hawk and they havent had anyone of his caliber since Asamugha (or however it's spelled lol).

4. Philadelphia Eagles- OT Taylor Lewan
    They wanted Joeckle here for sure but Lewan is not far off and the ceiling for both these players are sky high.

5. Detroit Lions- MLB Manti Te'o
    Sorry Manti fans but he is coming off the board before our pick hopefully... Detroit needs an upgrade at CB and LB but this is a bit to high for Banks.

6. Cleveland Browns- NT Star Lotulelei
    He would best fit a 3-4 defense and could possibly go #1 overall to KC but how many 1st round picks can they put in to the DT /NT position? The Browns make perfect sense and could have Star play DE along with Phil taylor at NT and Jabaal Sheard at the other end spot, that would be one sick DL.

7. Arizona Cardinals- QB Geno Smith
    I don't think they can pass up a talent as Geno Smith especially after Joeckle and Lewan are off the board, Smith would be an upgrade at the position for sure and his mobility will be needed because he will be runnign for his life there.

8. Buffalo Bills- QB Mike Glennon
    I am basing this on him having an excellent Senior bowl performance and more teams start looking at the tape but as of right now there is a real buzz about him and I'm not just talking about on this draft board, many of the top draft experts are seeing him more and more as either the top or next best QB in this year's draft. There is no other position that we need to upgrade more and Glennon is the full package.

9. New York Jets- RT Eric Fisher
    They addressed pass rush in the 1st last year and there is no top 10 WR at this point, RT has been a achilles heal for awhile and Eric Fisher may be the best in quite awhile, he comes from a small school but plays at a very high level.

10. Tennessee Titans- DE Demontre Moore
    Titans could use OL, too high, secondary Jonathan Banks could be considered but Moore makes a ton of sense, they need outside pass rush and another DT, Moore gives them better upside.

The problem I have with this and all mock drafts is that a lot of those teams in the top 10 will have new GM/ HC and who the heck knows what they are thinking.

We're just coming off the 2012 NFL draft was one of the best QB-rich drafts in modern history and only now our GM realizes he needs to get us a franchise QB. Good luck getting one now. Nix should have known this and sorted it by the 2nd-3rd round last April. Instead he drafts up and drafts TJ Graham. Says it all really.

Hope Nix gets his final paycheck Monday Morning and Bill Polian returns. Ralph brought back Lou Saban as HC, so why not Polian too?

Quote Originally Posted by ExNorthBuffaloLad View Post
    We're just coming off the 2012 NFL draft was one of the best QB-rich drafts in modern history and only now our GM realizes he needs to get us a franchise QB. Good luck getting one now. Nix should have known this and sorted it by the 2nd-3rd round last April. Instead he drafts up and drafts TJ Graham. Says it all really.

Hope Nix gets his final paycheck Monday Morning and Bill Polian returns. Ralph brought back Lou Saban as HC, so why not Polian too?
    I am not sure Polian would be an upgrade at this point - and I think he burned his bridges with Ralph. I wonder why he was canned by the Colts - was he going to trade out of the first pick to stick with Manning? In hindsight that might have been best for the short term as they could have used picks to get help on defense and if they got a package like the one that Washington gave up, they could have picked up a QB in a few years, but without hindsight, Manning was not a sure thing and one hit away from being out of football - so that meant Luck was the right move - he will be good for years to come.

Buddy may get the boot but if he does I think Ralph might decide to get a HC that can be the GM from a player personnel perspective - or how about this combination - Dungy GM, Reid HC, Vick stopgap QB and then draft a QB or two to work behind Vick this year and keep your eye on the class of 2013 and on for a true franchise guy since this class does not have any sure shots. There are a few guys out there that could develop into the next Luck or RGIII.
    Coming soon - my wish list for 2014

Gaffney is my sleeper pick

mike glennon does not have 1st round talent !

No way Jones is going two to Jax unless they change defense to a 34.
    Jones is an OLB in a 34 scheme. He will NOT fit a 40 front as a DE or LB.
    He is however the best 34 OLB this season and will have a great impact on the 34 team that chooses him. Could acturally see the Cowboys trade up for this guy.
    Mock draft.
    1) Patterson WR- Vols
    2) Nassib/Glennon/Wilson/Jones/ Manuel (the one OBD belives in)
    3) Vance McDonald TE - Rice
    4) Reddick ILB - North Carolina
    5) S.Thomas Syracuse / D.J. Swearinger - South Carolina - S
    6) Chris Jones - DT - Bowling Green
    FA. Sign Moore to play LG for two years. Sign Karlos Dansby to play ILB for 1-2 years.
    Go all in on franchise guy next year if he is there and 2nd round QB is not ready.

Adopt a Bill 2013: Allan "Uncle Phil" Branch.

57.7 completion % and 30 TDs to 14 pics. 4 & 3 int game. I Dont Know, Sounds Like Fitz

Quote Originally Posted by Billsnation2010 View Post
    Hear is my top 10 mock draft, no need going beyond that since the Bills pick 8 LOL:

1. KC Chiefs- OT- Luke Joeckle
    I really think KC pulls a Miami and drafts possibly the best LT to come out since Joe Thomas, he would instantly upgrade the OL and they take the best QB available in round 2.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars- OLB/DE Jarvis Jones
    They could go QB but it wont matter, they have zero pass rush, Jones is a beast of a pass rusher and a major upgrade to anything that the Jags have, Tebow also may be coming to Jax.

3. Oakland Raiders- CB Demarcus Milliner
    Raiders could use a good DT or pass rusher but that secondary is atrocious, Milliner is a ball hawk and they havent had anyone of his caliber since Asamugha (or however it's spelled lol).

4. Philadelphia Eagles- OT Taylor Lewan
    They wanted Joeckle here for sure but Lewan is not far off and the ceiling for both these players are sky high.

5. Detroit Lions- MLB Manti Te'o
    Sorry Manti fans but he is coming off the board before our pick hopefully... Detroit needs an upgrade at CB and LB but this is a bit to high for Banks.

6. Cleveland Browns- NT Star Lotulelei
    He would best fit a 3-4 defense and could possibly go #1 overall to KC but how many 1st round picks can they put in to the DT /NT position? The Browns make perfect sense and could have Star play DE along with Phil taylor at NT and Jabaal Sheard at the other end spot, that would be one sick DL.

7. Arizona Cardinals- QB Geno Smith
    I don't think they can pass up a talent as Geno Smith especially after Joeckle and Lewan are off the board, Smith would be an upgrade at the position for sure and his mobility will be needed because he will be runnign for his life there.

8. Buffalo Bills- QB Mike Glennon
    I am basing this on him having an excellent Senior bowl performance and more teams start looking at the tape but as of right now there is a real buzz about him and I'm not just talking about on this draft board, many of the top draft experts are seeing him more and more as either the top or next best QB in this year's draft. There is no other position that we need to upgrade more and Glennon is the full package.

9. New York Jets- RT Eric Fisher
    They addressed pass rush in the 1st last year and there is no top 10 WR at this point, RT has been a achilles heal for awhile and Eric Fisher may be the best in quite awhile, he comes from a small school but plays at a very high level.

10. Tennessee Titans- DE Demontre Moore
    Titans could use OL, too high, secondary Jonathan Banks could be considered but Moore makes a ton of sense, they need outside pass rush and another DT, Moore gives them better upside.
    IF that is how the draft shakes out, I could see Buffalo making a deal with cleveland to grab Geno if they truely want Star. If Geno smith is available at 6 my money is on a deal being made.

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
    IF that is how the draft shakes out, I could see Buffalo making a deal with cleveland to grab Geno if they truely want Star. If Geno smith is available at 6 my money is on a deal being made.
    Absolutely.,...

right now all bets are off depending on who the new coaching hire is
    Goonies Never Say Die
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Cordy "The Tank" Glenn

2013 BBMB NFL Season Pickem

Quote Originally Posted by ExNorthBuffaloLad View Post

I heard Bill Polian talking about Russel Wilson prior to last year's draft. He said he was a first round talent who just wasn't blessed with ideal height. He still thought Wilson had a good chance to go in the second. I doubt he would have passed him up in the third round. He is a very good talent evaluator who would have know the Bills couldn't progress with Fitz.

I watched Geno for the first time play in the Bowl Game the other night i wasnt really impressed. Is he better than he played in that game?

Star Lotulelei is the best player in the Draft. He's not falling out of the Top 3. Neither is Bjoern Werner. Milliner goes 10 to the Titans and I could see Dion Jordan, DaMontree Moore and Barkevious Mingo all forcing themselves in the Top 10.

Luke Joeckel, Taylor Lewandowski, Jake Matthews also have a good shot of going Top 10. 7 of the Top 10 are going to be lineman.

Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    I watched Geno for the first time play in the Bowl Game the other night i wasnt really impressed. Is he better than he played in that game?
    Absolutely. He has some weaknesses surely but he is a really good prospect. Top 8 pick.

Just looked up his stats and he looks like a stud (on paper) Finger Crossed we can work it out

Quote Originally Posted by Svupper View Post
    No way Jones is going two to Jax unless they change defense to a 34.
    Jones is an OLB in a 34 scheme. He will NOT fit a 40 front as a DE or LB.
    He is however the best 34 OLB this season and will have a great impact on the 34 team that chooses him. Could acturally see the Cowboys trade up for this guy.
    If I am not mistaken, the Broncos run a 43 defense and still took Miller #2 overall to be a pure pass rushing LB.

IMO Jarvis is a far more physical player and can assend to a three down player faster than Miller did.

My mock-
    KC- As in 2011, every position except for QB will be mocked here. Much like 2011, there is talent at the QB position, just not that undoubtable, breath taking must have QB. Yet, like 2011 Cam Newton assended and became the #1 player taken. Yes winning a BCS title helped Newton's case, but Geno had a pretty gowdy season in his own right.
    The pick- Geno Smith, QB West Virgina

Jax- I have made the argument that Jarvis Jones can without a doubt land here. However, with a new GM coming in, unless Tebow is a definite here I expect the second best QB off the board. Tebow has all but been stapled to the Jags so I have to believe they add the best offensive linemen to help protect Tebow.
    The Pick- Luck Joeckle, OT

Raiders- Well they sold their soul for Palmer and that blew up in their face. They have Pryor whom they might want to see through. Thus, i could see the Raiders going in a different direction. Their defensive line needs serious help and a player whom some rate the best in the class falls here.
    The Pick- Star Loutelei, NT

Philly- They have double dipped their hand in the Buffalo Bills developed LT pool and have been snake biten since. Peter is coming off a pretty serious injury that has cripples careers (Spikes was never the same). Bell does have talent, just can not stay healthy or focused. If they think Foles can throw from his back they will ignore the OT position. If they don't hold McCoy in a high regard they will pass on an OT...
    The Pick- Taylor Lewan, OT

Lions- Jarvis Jones, no real explanation needed. What some consider the best rusher in the draft falls to a team that desperately needs it.
    The Pick- Jarvis Jones, OLB

Browns- Some whispers have come down that the organizations sentiments towards Weeden are not overly endorsing. Thus, we could see the surprise of the draft and see the first QB off the board. However, the Browns have invested heavy in their secondar but do not pressure the QB that well.
    The Pick- Bjoern Warner, OLB/DE.

Arizona- Hello QB needy team... We have seen plenty of teams at this point that could go signal caller, but baring a trade the second one to go off the board lands in the desert. The need for a line to protect is just as crucial, however, the top two tackles are off the board and the Cards are left taking the second best rated QB...
    The Pick- Mike Glennon

Bills- Well, Buffalo missed out on the top two prospects at the QB position. Fans are a little nervous, I fore one would go either Te'o or Mingo. EITHER guy will immediately improve the run defense and bring an element this front seven is missing. Te'o more over would bring a boat load of intangibles as large as his trophy case. Kuechly, drafted 9ty overall last year, finished the season with 160 plus tackles. Make no mistake Buffalo would have taken Luke had the kid been there. HOWEVER, Nix who has been clear of his intent on draft day, made it known Buffalo is taking a QB.
    The Pick- Tyler Wilson, QB

Quote Originally Posted by The Rigante Hammer View Post

OK let's hear them, your early 2013 mock draft. I haven't followed college players that much this year, but I know a lot of you have. The top 20 draft order is finalized, so let loose.
    It's too hard to pinpoint whose goin to b there but my top players go in order like this
    Star Lotelelu DT Utah - gonna be a freak DT/DE like Ngata

Luke Jockel OT A&M - stud LT we will see how Jihnny does without him

Jarvis Jones OLB Ga - serious injury questions but he is a beast

Manti Teo ND - I am a huge ND fan but think he's a bit overrated Nix n Tuitt r the true blue chippers that make Teo so good is still a very solid starting MLB in the NFL

Damontre Moore DE A&M - he is going to a be a real good one I would love for him to fall to #8

Demarcus Milliner CB Bama - lock down CB I wouldn't mind gettin either

Bjoern Wrrner DE Fla St - hard nosed DE who gives effort every play n will be solid in both run n pass

Alec Ogletree LB Ga - freak athlete can run a legit 4.4 n cover TE while also a great blitzer

I think any one of those players above n we r in good shape another option is the trade back especially if we do not resign Levitre n grab Warmack OG Bama who is going to be an All Pro