Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Romo our QB?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I have had enough of watching our QB blunders.... Romo would be an upgrade....So would Alex Smith...

Quote Originally Posted by GoomzyLoveJoyBuffalo View Post
    Romo is light years past Pickspanick.
    Based on what? He hasn't ever won a playoff game with a lot more talent on both sides of the ball. Just because you want Fitz gone doesn't mean any one you bring in is an automatic upgrade.

I would most definitely take Romo, but he wont leave dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by indybillsfan View Post
    Based on what? He hasn't ever won a playoff game with a lot more talent on both sides of the ball. Just because you want Fitz gone doesn't mean any one you bring in is an automatic upgrade.
    Romo has a playoff win and as others have stated, is indeed a massive upgrade over Fitz. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you. I could post stats, but that's too easy.
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - Jorge Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Are you guys serious? If Fitz is not the starting QB next year, I fully think we need a stop gap Vet that is either Tony Romo or Phillip Rivers. There is no Andrew Luck or RG3 in this draft. I think we load up on other talent and WIN NOW and then in the following years when another RG3 or Luck is coming out, we trade the house to get him.
    I don't know, Romo, Rivers and qbs like Vick are like pole vaulters who can never make it over the top bar and they have shown that on talented teams. Their old teams may be in WIN NOW mode by getting rid of them.

Bringing in a drat pick, at least Fitz. might know he's be brought back under a reworked deal to help groom a young guy. Any of the others would always want to be in the game to prove to the world they are blue chip no matter what. Pulling one out of a game. or switching to the draft pick at some point might just give the team a disgruntled vet who's not as good as he thinks he is and a group hungry to win who might not have the patience with a rookie in the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by MDBillz View Post
    Romo has a playoff win and as others have stated, is indeed a massive upgrade over Fitz. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you. I could post stats, but that's too easy.
    One playoff win in the first round. I stand corrected. Do I think Romo is more physically talented than Fitzpatrick? Yes. Do I think Romo is the answer to our playoff woes, and that he is the guy to lead us to the promised land? No. Stats are stats, and his stat is that he has come up short in clutch games and situations constantly for the Cowboys. An upgrade would be a guy that gets the Bills to the playoffs and help win a Lombardi. Does Romo offer that? I haven't seen evidence he would be that guy.

Just because you wnat to replace Fitz (as I would agree with) doesn't mean any guy you bring in would be an automatic savior. I'd rather see Rivers or Smith if we were going after a FA QB.

Unless we are told that Matt Stafford or Big Ben become available via trade, the next Bills starting QB will come from 2013 draft and the vet back-up would be someone like a Matt Cassel.