Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jon Gruden was at Tempo restaurant in buffalo

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by angrycris View Post
    I've noticed Gruden have opportunities on TV to bash the Bills and he wouldn't do it. He has a soft spot for us. The idea of getting to draft his own QB plus getting to coach Spiller plus inheriting a roster that has a lot of talent. I think it's actually plausible.
    The dude has rarely said a bad word about any team, save the Jets. He clearly has always intended to get back into coaching as he burned NO bridges!

I hope no Coach interviews for the Bills.

None.

Quote Originally Posted by PBMax View Post
    Watch this and dream!

http://youtu.be/ZQUbNWNDmFU
    "I'm so excited"

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenWheels View Post
    The dude has rarely said a bad word about any team, save the Jets. He clearly has always intended to get back into coaching as he burned NO bridges!
    i dont wanna get my hopes up as much as the next guy but you have to admit if he did choose us it would be a big win?

To be the man you gotta beat the man...

And you can't beat me

I'm a diehard Tennessee Volunteers can and we just went through this whole spiel with Gruden coming to Knoxville including a few extremely reliable sources saying that a deal was in place and that it was only a matter of time before Gruden became our next head coach. Of course it could have fallen through at the last minute like some of the sources I had said, but I'm not getting my hopes up again as far as him coming to buffalo especially with all of the other job openings around the league.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenWheels View Post
    See but that's Gruden's thing ... He will make you feel like you are on top of the world ... He tells you like it is too, he was telling CJ to get back in the game in the previously posted video.

Quote Originally Posted by VolsBillsMagic View Post
    I'm a diehard Tennessee Volunteers can and we just went through this whole spiel with Gruden coming to Knoxville including a few extremely reliable sources saying that a deal was in place and that it was only a matter of time before Gruden became our next head coach. Of course it could have fallen through at the last minute like some of the sources I had said, but I'm not getting my hopes up again as far as him coming to buffalo especially with all of the other job openings around the league.
    Remember AJ Suggs? He was my High School QB! I still talk to him every now and then.
    SIGNATURE
    Quote Originally Posted by muffman View Post
    Arent you the guy who said the Bills drafted EJ Manuel so they could "sell him in the americas, africa and the middle east?"
    LMAO....
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    No I said if he becomes a star he has more international AD ability than Tom Brady. I was talking about how the black athlete is marketed internationally.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    Brady isn't Manuel and as stated the media tends to take a man like Manuel because they can sell him in all of the America's and Africa and the Middle East and not just in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatSheSaid View Post
    Remember AJ Suggs? He was my High School QB! I still talk to him every now and then.
    Haha yeah I remember him. Really didn't have much of a chance to win over our fan base trying to follow up Peyton Manning and Tee Martin.

zippom2 Guest

What established coach that has not stepped outside of his mind would want to coach for Ralph Wilson the architect of the most dissfunctional franchise in the NFL? Wilson has made this franchise what it is today. That is why the fans are always subjected to retread coaches that no one else wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by billsrule View Post
    jon was there with russ brandon on dec 23 to talk about coaching the buffalo bills & GM this per wgr550.

Quote Originally Posted by skudz View Post
    I assume they would open the restaurant for them.
    I am certain that they would not!

You are sounding absolutely foolish.

If he really was in town, and I doubt that he was, they would have gone to a restaurant that was open, not ask someone to open for one party.

Ridiculous!

Happy New Year everyone! What a nice way to start the year with the Chan firing. I applaud Ralph for not waiting and making a quick decision on this debacle of a Coach. Chan, you are horrible at being a Head Coach. I wish you well and know that you will be fine since you are paid millions and will still be collecting a paycheck next year for doing nothing. Gruden could absolutely come here, he is a tough, gritty blue collar guy and Buffalo would fit his personality. We have plenty of talent on both sides of the ball. Gruden wants to develop his own QB not inherit an established one so he would prefer to draft his own. Also, Our team has sucked for 13 years and the expectations are very low yet again for this team. He can come in and go 8-8 and he will be the greatest thing since the stadium buddy! If he goes 9-7 we name a street after him. Should he go 10-6 and make the playoffs we will erect a statue in his likeness. Plus he gets us as fans. Sounds like a good gig to me.
    May The Schwartz Be With You.

Adopt-a-Bill 2013-14 Nickell Robey "The Diminutive DB"

he had the ribs

Quote Originally Posted by Donmega View Post
    Happy New Year everyone! What a nice way to start the year with the Chan firing. I applaud Ralph for not waiting and making a quick decision on this debacle of a Coach. Chan, you are horrible at being a Head Coach. I wish you well and know that you will be fine since you are paid millions and will still be collecting a paycheck next year for doing nothing. Gruden could absolutely come here, he is a tough, gritty blue collar guy and Buffalo would fit his personality. We have plenty of talent on both sides of the ball. Gruden wants to develop his own QB not inherit an established one so he would prefer to draft his own. Also, Our team has sucked for 13 years and the expectations are very low yet again for this team. He can come in and go 8-8 and he will be the greatest thing since the stadium buddy! If he goes 9-7 we name a street after him. Should he go 10-6 and make the playoffs we will erect a statue in his likeness. Plus he gets us as fans. Sounds like a good gig to me.
    You have a point in firing the one and only Gailey but Ralph could just make all mad again by hiring an unqualified coach like Dougie Marrone.

Get this done OBD!!!

Time to find a GM that knows how to scout recruits and build through the draft. Bills are failing at this aspect. Finally, as in all my replies here is what i believe in. You win by #1 having a top notched QB; #2 having a great LT (OFFENSIVE LINE is critical- just ask the BEARS, JETS, CARDINALS, etc.), and #3 getting a top notched COACH.

Till then Bills fans are subject to losing years!

Russ Brandon himself heard of this rumor about his purported meeting with Jon Gruden at this Tempo restaurant and today he unequivocally and specifically denied it. He said he hadn't met with anyone yet and also chuckled a bit when he was talking about it. It was during his interview on WGR which immediately followed the presser today.
    NOBODY CIRCLES THE WAGONS LIKE THE BUFFALO BILLS!
    A Bills fan and lifelong New England native who has been to Buffalo only once.

LOVE "JAWS?"
    Visit us...
    www.facebook.com/jawsfestfilms
    Our radio show...
    www.facebook.com/talkfest

Quote Originally Posted by Clemfield2622 View Post
    he had the ribs
    and you're full of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by gobillz View Post
    Apparently a rumor, when mentioned by a media personality, becomes 'confirmed.' Who knew?
    No, Sal said that is the rumor going around.. then he said some of his colleagues have said they have sources confirming this...
    Later in the day, Howard Simon got on and said he has sources who have confirmed Gruden was in fact in town, but speculation was it was re: his brother jay.
    "Yeah I'm pissed. I'm gunna use that energy. I'm gunna go home, I'm not gunna talk to anybody, ya know... I'm just gunna shut it down. I'm gunna be by myself.
    I'm not gunna pet my dog.
    I'm gunna get fired up. I'm gunna come to work tomorrow, I'm gunna watch the film. Be a pro. I'm gunna be a man. We're gunna work, and get ready to go."
    Doug Marrone

THEN today... Russ got on and said none of it was true. I tend to believe Brandon, but just for conspiracy theory sake; why would Brandon admit to meeting with a potential candidate BEFORE Chan was let go?
    I don't think he would.

That being said, I would bet Gruden was never in town
    "Yeah I'm pissed. I'm gunna use that energy. I'm gunna go home, I'm not gunna talk to anybody, ya know... I'm just gunna shut it down. I'm gunna be by myself.
    I'm not gunna pet my dog.
    I'm gunna get fired up. I'm gunna come to work tomorrow, I'm gunna watch the film. Be a pro. I'm gunna be a man. We're gunna work, and get ready to go."
    Doug Marrone

Quote Originally Posted by REALDEALCLAUSEN View Post
    THEN today... Russ got on and said none of it was true. I tend to believe Brandon, but just for conspiracy theory sake; why would Brandon admit to meeting with a potential candidate BEFORE Chan was let go?
    I don't think he would.

That being said, I would bet Gruden was never in town
    Didn't he actually say they didn't meet for the HC position? If I remember it right, he worded it very carefully...after talking about how good of friends they are.