Thread: Why do some of u give Nix so much credit for the talent here?

Default Why do some of u give Nix so much credit for the talent here?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I see a few people giving Buddy credit. I mean it was the checkbook that brought mario williams here. Regardless of if u want to believe it or not. Not buddy nix. As far as draft pics? How hard is it to draft best player available every year? Its not hard to read a scouting report and draft them. When nix finds some 4th through 6th rounders that become pro bowlers you can credit him. Ralphs checkbook and the teams ****ty finishes are what brought the current talent here. On top of that, he gave Fitz a rediculous contract for his skill level. Nix is just as fail as Gailey. Show him the door too!!
    The BBMB is like a drug. You know its bad for you but you just keep coming back!!!

None of the Mario Williams signing would have been possible if Buddy Nix wasn't here I guarantee it, we didn't even give the guy a chance to make it to Free Agency, he was on a plane and never left, we got FA Barnett, Merriman who at the time we thought was a good idea to at least hope for half the player he was.

How hard is it to hit at best player available each year?

Buffalo round 1 year 2000:1.26- Erik Flowers DE

Round 1 2002: pick 1.4 - Mike Williams OT

Round 1 2003: pick 1.23- Willis Mcgahee RB

Round 1 2004: pick 1.24- J.P. Losman QB

Round 1 2006: pick 1.26- John McCargo DT

Round 1 2008: pick 1.11- Leodis McKelvin CB

Round 1 2009: pick 1.11- Aaron Maybin DE/OLB

Under Buddy Nix

Round 1 2010: pick 1.9- C.J. Spiller -RB- Looks like a hit

Round 1 2011: pick 1.3- Marcell Dareus- DE/DT- Looks like a hit

Round 1 2012: pick 1.10- Stephon Gilmore- CB- Looks like a hit

Jusry is still out on Dareus and Gilmore since it was only there 1st and 2nd seasons but as of now I'd say all of those picks have been hits compared to the complete busts that we have had in the past, that is why he gets my well deserved credit, things are changing for the better around here and I don't know how you can't see it also, yes it is not translating to wins but it will it's just a matter of time, yes time that we all may be getting sick of but time nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by FedUpFan View Post
    I see a few people giving Buddy credit. I mean it was the checkbook that brought mario williams here. Regardless of if u want to believe it or not. Not buddy nix. As far as draft pics? How hard is it to draft best player available every year? Its not hard to read a scouting report and draft them. When nix finds some 4th through 6th rounders that become pro bowlers you can credit him. Ralphs checkbook and the teams ****ty finishes are what brought the current talent here. On top of that, he gave Fitz a rediculous contract for his skill level. Nix is just as fail as Gailey. Show him the door too!!
    DO you even watch BB football??

Kyle "Meatball" Williams....Eating O-lines for Breakfast!

He failed at HC and QB. He should go for that. Plus his drafts were not very good except 2012, which looks decent.
    Originally Posted by Griff
    I'm a Bills fan, I don't feel gloom, I've been baptized in fire. Wide right, Music City Forward Lateral, Pittsburgh's third stringers, 13 years, at this point nothing but moving the team would make me feel the gloom

C.j spiller
    Mario
    Dareus
    Gilmore

Peace out ....

There has also been a record, with Nix, of getting our better players re-signed, something else that hasn't been the norm.
    Nix's biggest failure was in not taking one of the several decent QB prospects a couple of years ago.
    Obviously Gailey wasn't the right choice for HC either, but aside from Frazier, there wasn't a great deal of choice at the time, and I do believe that the Bills offense had been so bad, for so long, that a genuine offensive-minded coach was the way to try and get things fixed.
    Nix has also made every effort to fix the lines, on both sides of the football - with a deal more success than anyone else has.
    Overall, imho the positives far outweigh the negatives, and ordinarily, a GM gets two shots at finding the right HC.
    Mistakes have undoubtedly been made, but if you want to look around the rest of the NFL, just about every team has made them also - and that includes teams that continue to be successful.
    People should understand that the name on the front of the uniform is more important than the one on the back.

Why bother drafting worse players than you already have on your roster?

The Ignore List is your friend.

Can you really be this naive?

Yeah , its a tough job to spend 100 million dollars of someone elses money and draft top prospects from Alabama, and Clemson. Get real. Yes I will say we have more talent here now than in years past. But do you really think its all Buddy? Like these players came here because he is such a great man and GM. One got thrown a **** load of money his way, and the others , well they were drafted and had no choice. He failed in backing gailey wich waste three years, and failed at giving Fitz a rediculous contract. Get off Buddys knob. He will be gone shortly anyway. The Marrone hire was good. Now they need to get a QB with potential. Not some retread out of San Fran or Seattle.
    The BBMB is like a drug. You know its bad for you but you just keep coming back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FedUpFan View Post
    Yeah , its a tough job to spend 100 million dollars of someone elses money and draft top prospects from Alabama, and Clemson. Get real. Yes I will say we have more talent here now than in years past. But do you really think its all Buddy? Like these players came here because he is such a great man and GM. One got thrown a **** load of money his way, and the others , well they were drafted and had no choice. He failed in backing gailey wich waste three years, and failed at giving Fitz a rediculous contract. Get off Buddys knob. He will be gone shortly anyway. The Marrone hire was good. Now they need to get a QB with potential. Not some retread out of San Fran or Seattle.
    Ahh and there it is for the win.
    2013 Buffalo Bills Football! Nothing gets better than driving up to the Ralph,the smell of Charcoal at 8am on a gameday morning, and of course WINNING!

The checkbook? You mean the same checkbook that every other GM has at his disposal? FAIL. END THREAD.
    "What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say"

Marv Levy

Well we have depth on are O-Line for the first time in years, we have depth on are D-Line that we haven`t had in years, he has overhauled are roster in 3 years, which is a good thing cause we were in horrible shape. 3 years ago nobody would touch this organization (HC) wise, and know we have HC that actually want to come here. Yes mistakes have been made, but from the disaster we were in 3 years ago to know, Nix deserves to keep going, were almost there

I've given up arguing about buddy nix. Anyone should be able to see that we have more talent now than 3 yrs ago. But you can't argue with stupid.

Why credit Dolly Parton for one big boob,she already had ONE