Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Well Russ made his first mistake

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by garrickcc View Post
    Didn't he scout/recommend Brees to SD? FACT Nice try being a negative nancy..
    Nix was here in 2009--did he scout and reccomend maybin? answer is it doesn't matter. he had no control in SD nor did he here in 2009.
    Originally Posted by Griff
    I'm a Bills fan, I don't feel gloom, I've been baptized in fire. Wide right, Music City Forward Lateral, Pittsburgh's third stringers, 13 years, at this point nothing but moving the team would make me feel the gloom

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaBillzFan View Post
    BTW you guys need to go look outside this thread. I am seeing several posts saying pretty much the same thing. this is a huge mistake and its SOSDD at OBD.
    wow. you're backing yourself up with a thread created by dogg. nice. nice.
    "Golden teeth and golden tones, welcome to my presence"

Yeah, good idea. Fire him for not being 100 percent on each decision he has made. Before Nix took over we talked about "could the Bills be beat by college teams." Let's fire the GM who took that roster and improved it to the point where we say "we shoulda beat New England, and Houston, and Indy, if it weren't for the coach..."
    "The Sausage King of Chicago"

"We are all erring creatures, and mainly idiots, but God made us so and it is dangerous to criticize."-Mark Twain

2014 Buffalo Bills: Things might not be so bad.

BTW you guys need to go look outside this thread. I am seeing several posts saying pretty much the same thing. this is a huge mistake and its SOSDD at OBD.
    I've been looking around too, and the reaction isn't very good, esp. with Nix.
    I'm a Bills fan, I don't feel gloom, I've been baptized in fire. Wide right, Music City Forward Lateral, Pittsburgh's third stringers, 13 years, at this point nothing but moving the team would make me feel the gloom

Quote Originally Posted by DKTurtle View Post
    If its a fact that Nix thinks Fitz is our franchise QB, then why has he stated we NEED to draft a franchise QB?
    Its not the fact he will look for a qb this draft. Its the idea of him actually having thought Fitzpatrick was the franchise qb when so many people knew otherwise. It calls into question all his decision making skills.
    Trade down...

1. Cordarelle Patterson (WR)
    2.(a) Ryan Nassib (QB)
    2.(b) Keenan Allen (WR)
    3.(a) Tyrann Matthieu (CB)
    3.(b) Jon Bostic (ILB)
    4. Jelani Jenkins (OLB)
    5. Gavin Escobar (TE)
    6. Garrett Chilkey(OG)

Quote Originally Posted by teef View Post
    wow. you're backing yourself up with a thread created by dogg. nice. nice.
    I see more than one not liking this decision and it is a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe Froman View Post
    Yeah, good idea. Fire him for not being 100 percent on each decision he has made. Before Nix took over we talked about "could the Bills be beat by college teams." Let's fire the GM who took that roster and improved it to the point where we say "we shoulda beat New England, and Houston, and Indy, if it weren't for the coach..."
    we had close games with Jauron also with the better teams in the league. a lot of could of should of there too. This is what happens when you are a bad organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe Froman View Post
    We could have won or beat NE if we had a QB. Good QB's can make average coaches look great. At what point do you guys get its all about the QB in the NFL? I guess never

Quote Originally Posted by Cavington View Post
    Its not the fact he will look for a qb this draft. Its the idea of him actually having thought Fitzpatrick was the franchise qb when so many people knew otherwise. It calls into question all his decision making skills.
    This. Of course he has no choice now but to look for an upgrade. should have known better to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavington View Post
    AND he said no QB would be better than Fitz. That tells me he can't scout QB's

Let me clear this up for you whiners, I am going no where. In fact with the way you girls are acting I am definitely going to stay here
    I knew it. You don't like women so what does that make you?????

Fitz has NEVER played GREAT football...ever. He has been mid tier/ good at best. Do you guys really not get what great QB play is or looks like?
    When we went 5-2 he wasn't playing great football? I mean he's not one of the elites,which is what your trying to compare him to, but he was playing well enough for us to win games.. He hasn't played like that since we went 5-2..

Quote Originally Posted by Jm2009 View Post
    This. Of course he has no choice now but to look for an upgrade. should have known better to begin with.
    I don't trust Buddy's ability to scout QB's

Quote Originally Posted by garrickcc View Post
    When we went 5-2 he wasn't playing great football? I mean he's not one of the elites,which is what your trying to compare him to, but he was playing well enough for us to win games.. He hasn't played like that since we went 5-2..
    No not great period. It is past time to get a guy that can be GREAT and groom him to be great on this roster and NOW. Not putting backups out there and saying they are starters I.e. Fitz

I see more than one not liking this decision and it is a bad one.
    you don't know how it's going to go. you have no idea if it's a bad decision yet, but as usual, you create these angry little threads, insulting other posters and ripping on wny whenever you can.

wouldn't it make sense to at least see who the new coach is and what goes down during the draft? it could be more of the same garbage, but it's not going to be instant gratification with this one. no one knows how this will play out.
    "Golden teeth and golden tones, welcome to my presence"

Quote Originally Posted by Joshmac982 View Post
    Nix has been working on this draft class since last April. Firing him now would make no sense. Keep him around as a draft advisor, but believe that brandon will rely on his gm in waiting. Doug whaley, and his new coach, to make the final decision.
    Nix is lame duck. What type of effort do you think he will put forward for the draft? He would receive little credit,especially if he doesn't see the process through.

This is not a good move by Russie. you either keep him at his job with no strings attached or you terminate him.
    Now we have a bitter Buddy, who is in a position to really hurt this franchise at draft time.
    Last edited by lonce; 01-01-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teef View Post
    you don't know how it's going to go. you have no idea if it's a bad decision yet, but as usual, you create these angry little threads, insulting other posters and ripping on wny whenever you can.

wouldn't it make sense to at least see who the new coach is and what goes down during the draft? it could be more of the same garbage, but it's not going to be instant gratification with this one. no one knows how this will play out.

Russ just said Buddy's Scouting acumen is unmached, but the man said Fitz was the guy. That we could win a superbowl with him and no QB in the draft was better and that is pure crap. It shows the man cant scout QB's and it is THE thing we must address and address NOW. But Buddy, who says Fitz is great, is going to pick the QB.

now honestly, the guy who says and thinks those things is now going to pick our next QB, doesn't that bother you at all? It sure as hell should.

I am done with this thread. You have homers that just refuse or just can't get it and those of us that see the reality of it. I just hope that all of a sudden Nix figures out how to scout QB's or this franchise is screwed for even more years.

It is all about the QB and since 1996 we havent had a good one.

I am done with this thread. You have homers that just refuse or just can't get it and those of us that see the reality of it. I just hope that all of a sudden Nix figures out how to scout QB's or this franchise is screwed for even more years.

It is all about the QB and since 1996 we havent had a good one.
    It's your thread! Do you give up on your kids if they're a little naughty? Adoption? You are NOT a born leader, therefore your OPINION means nothing! (AlabamaWCH would be SO proud of MY caps LOCK!)

all I can say is....YAWN...I thought things were going to change - so far 0-fer One....

No Place I would rather be, I BILLieve!