Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: La Canfora: "Looking for" Whisenhunt in Buffalo

Default La Canfora: "Looking for" Whisenhunt in Buffalo

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

@JasonLaCanfora
    At this point, I'd be looking for Reid in AZ, Arians in SD, Whisenhunt in BUF. CLE and PHI going after Bill O'Brien

Here's my stance on Whisenhunt...

He doesn't blow me away by any means. Then again, what coach that is currently available really does? You can make the argument that Kurt Warner took the Cardinals to the Super Bowl, but Whisenhunt was the coach. I think many would've argued that Drew Brees got the Saints to the Super Bowl. Take away Sean Payton, look what happened this year. So don't overlook the job that Whisenhunt did with that Cardinals team.

Furthermore, he is an "in your face" coach who clearly does not let contracts or expectations interfere with his coaching. Kolb was injured this season (a point I will arrive at later), but in the past, Kolb was benched for John Skelton. I respected the move by Whisenhunt because he didn't allow the big money paid to Kolb or the media's expectations of Kolb to influence his decision to bench him. We could not say the same for Chan Gailey this season. He lived and died with Ryan Fitzpatrick, ultimately costing him his job.

Lastly, he exhausted ALL of his options at QB this year. Kolb went down with an injury, so he went to Skelton, Lindley, and even Brian Hoyer. He tried literally everything he could at the quarterback position. Even if that meant signing a guy mid-season and throwing him on the field like he did with Hoyer. Gailey acquired Tarvaris Jackson and didn't even give him a jersey. Again, I respected the way he handled a very tough situation at the most important position on the field.

AND - let's not forget that he had that Cardinals team at 4-1, defeating the Patriots ON THE ROAD and in a good game with the Bills before Kolb was lost to injury. Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams had already been lost for the season. The Cardinals stared adversity right in the face this past year, and ultimately, they failed. But it certainly wasn't for lack of effort by their head coach.

At the end of the day, my main point is that I don't think you'll hate Ken Whisenhunt as much as you think you do now.
    This. Right Here. Is My. Sig.

You raise some good points...and the Cards really came on last season, so the team is not that far removed from playing good football.

Yeah, but in that same regard, Lovie Smith has won far more, and has also taken his team to a SB.

I don't dislike Whiz as much as other fans. However, I just don't think the guy is the most qualified.

I can not stress enough, Buffalo needs to go big time after the bigger names. They finally have a dog in the fight and Whiz is just not as palatable.

Russ Brandon says, "We will do an exhaustive search and leave no stone unturned."

Jason La Canforna then says "Wisenhunt. The first coach Buffalo interviews."

i wouldn't mind it i guess but its just setteling for less plus it's La Canfora he's probably pulling stuff outta his ***
    http://boards.buffalobills.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154848&dateline=13370  34283

As I stated in another thread, I prefer Lovie Smith.

If we do sign Wisenhunt, I'm cool with it especially if he brings his DC. Guy has done some good things in this league, even took the Cards to the big game.

If Nix (Whaley) gives him the tools, he would be a solid choice. I just prefer Lovie because his defenses are usually pretty good.

I like Wisenhunt... It may be old, but he comes from a winning background.

He likes to run the ball... he's young, he never had a QB after Warner and he seems like a tough-minded coach... I'll take it in a heart beat!
    Hopelessly devastated Bills fan.

I pass im sorry seems like a great guy but honestly his DC Ray Horton deserves more to look at then Ken just saying

2014 Is going to be the year we make the playoffs

Adopt A Bill 2014-2015- Marcell Dareus

Lovie Smith > Ken W.

Lets hire Lovie as HC so we get Byrds dad as DB coach so he stays and Whiz as OC!

La Canfora is straight guessing as of right now...

BUT

I wouldn't mind Ken Whisenhunt. He would bring Ray Horton along with him IMO...

Give Whisenhunt a good QB and we will win.
    Sammy Watkins will be a star for the Buffalo Bills.

In Doug Whaley I trust

Quote Originally Posted by RalphWilson'sWar View Post
    Russ Brandon says, "We will do an exhaustive search and leave no stone unturned."

Congratulation for believing everything you read on the internet.

I mean that.

A hearty ****ing congrats to you.

They can search until they are blue in the face. However, they might ultimately feel Whiz is their guy. I am not trying to reach here, but Whaley, whom is being groomed as the next GM, spent time with Whiz in Pitt.

There could be some influence there. Especially, if they can find a way to get Horton to follow.

He may bring Horton with him!

If so, I'm all in with this move... I think his system would work well in Buffalo.
    Hopelessly devastated Bills fan.

Would it have made anyone feel better if Russ Grimm had been first interviewed?

People act like it's significant who the first person interviewed was. The search for a new HC isn't going to be over after one day...

Quote Originally Posted by BeastOfTheEast View Post
    Congratulation for believing everything you read on the internet.

I mean that.

A hearty ****ing congrats to you.
    You need to expand on that post because I don't follow.
    I am saying I don't Canfora at all on this report based on what Mr. Brandon said.

An easy early prediction in any case....he fits what people expect out of a Bills HC makeup I think. So they kind of expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Koko78 View Post
    Would it have made anyone feel better if Russ Grimm had been first interviewed?

People act like it's significant who the first person interviewed was. The search for a new HC isn't going to be over after one day...
    That is my point. Canforna must have missed the Press Conference and subsequent interview with Russ on WGR today.

I actually like Wisenhunt. He really got in his players face in the game against us. He wants to win

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFan View Post
    They can search until they are blue in the face. However, they might ultimately feel Whiz is their guy. I am not trying to reach here, but Whaley, whom is being groomed as the next GM, spent time with Whiz in Pitt.

There could be some influence there. Especially, if they can find a way to get Horton to follow.
    I think Whaley is done being groomed. I think he's starting to take over now.
    www.greatlook.com

Quote Originally Posted by jmroszczak View Post
    Id rather have Jauron back with THIS team...you have to admit the man was Smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut25 View Post
    So, your brand is: terrible advice-giving pedophile?