Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couple Things...Nothing Major

Default Couple Things...Nothing Major

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

The Bills top target heading in was Jon Gruden, apparently he wants more control over the team than the Bills are willing to fork over...The interest in Morrone is coming from Whaley....Russ wants to hire a coach that will get along with the FO, which is why Whisenhunt and the other two from the Cards are being mentioned...The Bills fully intend to talk to Chip Kelly and may have already done so...The Bills are being quiet on Lovie Smith and its not believed he's going to be someone they persue as a HC, though that can change if they don't have a good trip in Zona...Also the Bills prefer to keep the 4-3, its not make or break but going into the interviews they will ask if a coach runs a 3-4 if they would be willing to run a 4-3

My opinions on this are it seems like they want Kelly and if they fail to get Kelly they will go through the interview process with everyone they have lined up and line up 2nd interviews for some...it also seems like if Whaley were making the hire he'd hire Marrone, which to me if your going to trust him to be your GM you should trust him to have a big say in who the coach is...I'm a little dissapointed to hear theres no interest right now in Lovie, I think he'd be the best fit for this team so long as he hired a good OC...Nothing was said about McCoy other than the Bills may head to Colorado after Arizona, I'm guessing it would be to interview him...

As a fan I don't think Whisenhunt is that bad, I just prefer to go with someone that either has a good track record or someone that has yet to be a coach and is hungry to make a name for themselves. I liked Horton about two months ago but now not so much, they do have good talent on the defense and while he did do well with it you have to wonder if thats because of the talent. I also don't like a man in his 50's to be sporting braids or cornrows, just like I wouldn't want our coach sporting a mullet, just seems like they are looking for attention.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about Kelly, on one hand I'd be excited the Bills went after a hot name and on the other hand I'd be worried since he doesn't have any NFL exp...it should be a fun off-season though
    Mock draft

1. T Jake Matthews
    2. TE Jace Amaro
    3. DE Kareem Martin
    4. LB Jordan Zumwalt
    5. CB Walt Aikens
    7. P Pat O'Donnell

Another Championship Uconn!!!

They have already settled on Wizzy so not to get excited.

Don't know what your sources are, but they should give Gruden whatever the hell he wants.
    "This might just be the low point of Buffalo's entire lost decade."
    --Don Banks SI.com 10/11/09

"Number one I can promise you this will be a forward thinking, progressive, attacking organization heading into the future. I also will promise that I will leave no stone unturned in taking this organization to a world class level."
    --Russ Brandon 1/1/13

It's my understanding that they have yet to interview Gruden and that Gruden is friends with Russ.
    Also that Gruden isn't their top choice, but they are looking for a coach with NFL and super bowl experience.

Quote Originally Posted by PBMax View Post
    Don't know what your sources are, but they should give Gruden whatever the hell he wants.
    That is what my major takeaway was reading it as well. It is outrageous if Gruden is truly willing to come here and the Bills are balking over relinquishing significant control.
    Doug Marrone "We have the ability to affect a region, by putting a productive, winning football team out there. Thatís our higher calling. If youíre not buying into that then you donít need to be here. You can go play for some other team. We donít want those kinds of players on our football team."

Give a coach as much control as he wants. We have nothing to lose after not doing that for the past 13 years.

Seems like the bills are behind the ball yet again

Quote Originally Posted by RoLl_TiDe View Post

Seems like the bills are behind the ball yet again
    Seems like some Bills fans knee-jerk react to every 3rd hand report they hear yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by baldat28 View Post
    The Bills top target heading in was Jon Gruden, apparently he wants more control over the team than the Bills are willing to fork over...The interest in Morrone is coming from Whaley....Russ wants to hire a coach that will get along with the FO, which is why Whisenhunt and the other two from the Cards are being mentioned...The Bills fully intend to talk to Chip Kelly and may have already done so...The Bills are being quiet on Lovie Smith and its not believed he's going to be someone they persue as a HC, though that can change if they don't have a good trip in Zona...Also the Bills prefer to keep the 4-3, its not make or break but going into the interviews they will ask if a coach runs a 3-4 if they would be willing to run a 4-3.
    It was reported that the Bills had interest in Hue Jackson, are you hearing anything about him?

Seems like a limited search - The AZ staff, Kelly, McCoy and Marrone.

How can these clowns that have produced nothing for 13 years still think it's best for them to maintain control?
    "This might just be the low point of Buffalo's entire lost decade."
    --Don Banks SI.com 10/11/09

"Number one I can promise you this will be a forward thinking, progressive, attacking organization heading into the future. I also will promise that I will leave no stone unturned in taking this organization to a world class level."
    --Russ Brandon 1/1/13

Yep, losing coaches and unproven college guys. I say since the fan base is so freaking desperate for a playoff season, bring in the veteran proven coaches like Reid or Lovie. Of course we won't.

Good information!

Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by baldat28 View Post
    The Bills top target heading in was Jon Gruden, apparently he wants more control over the team than the Bills are willing to fork over...
    Exactly what type of control is Gruden looking for that the Bills aren't willing to fork over? A take in the concession stand and parking revenue?

Quote Originally Posted by Cin4theBills View Post
    Yep, losing coaches and unproven college guys. I say since the fan base is so freaking desperate for a playoff season, bring in the veteran proven coaches like Reid or Lovie. Of course we won't.
    Whiz has only had 2 losing seasons in 6 years as the head coach of what many consider to be a joke of a franchise and made them legitimate. You know how many losing seasons the Bills have had over the last 6 years? 6. Whiz has coached in two super bowls in the last ten years, winning as the OC of Pittsburgh in 05 and losing as the head coach of Zona. Buffalo hasn't even sniffed the playoffs.

Reid had his players quit on him just like the Bills players quit on Gailey. He doesn't run the ball enough and can't figure out how to fix his defense. They just haven't been good since Jim Johnson died (RIP).

Lovie gets his players to play hard, but he never got his offense figured out. In 9 years he went to the playoffs 3 times, and lost in the Super Bowl. He just can't put together a good offensive staff, but Whiz was able to put together a good defensive staff and if his oline was better could have had more success on that side of the ball.

He was good because of Ben and Kurt. When he didn't have a good QB, he lost. He has what, a two game better record than Chan Gailey?? We don't even have a QB yet, so what is he going to work with. Andy Reid was in Philly for 14 years, in a tough city to coach in. Maybe he just need change of scenery? Coaches get stale, need new teams...I'm just not sold on the Wiz, I'm disappointed that if this is who Russ picks, he didn't do an exhaustive search. I hope I am wrong, I will eat crow if I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Cin4theBills View Post
    He was good because of Ben and Kurt. When he didn't have a good QB, he lost. He has what, a two game better record than Chan Gailey?? We don't even have a QB yet, so what is he going to work with. Andy Reid was in Philly for 14 years, in a tough city to coach in. Maybe he just need change of scenery? Coaches get stale, need new teams...I'm just not sold on the Wiz, I'm disappointed that if this is who Russ picks, he didn't do an exhaustive search. I hope I am wrong, I will eat crow if I am.
    How did Warner do in New York. It takes a good QB and a good coach.

Quote Originally Posted by PBMax View Post
    Why? He did a good job running Tampa Bay into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by WackArnolds View Post
    That is what my major takeaway was reading it as well. It is outrageous if Gruden is truly willing to come here and the Bills are balking over relinquishing significant control.
    If Gruden is so great, why hasn't he had a coaching gig, even as an assistant, in 4 years?
    Should have kept Marshawn ... and Andy ... Jairus ...

Buffalo Bills, 2000-????: same trailer, different park.
    1999 ... 11-5, playoff loss
    2000 .... 8-8
    2001 .... 3-13
    2002 .... 8-8
    2003 ... 6-10
    2004 ... 9-7
    2005 ... 5-11
    2006 ... 7-9
    2007 ...
    7-9
    2008 ... 7-9
    2009 ... 6-10
    2010 ... 4-12
    2011 ...
    6-10
    2012 ... 6-10
    2013 ... 6-10

Quote Originally Posted by LINDA_D View Post
    Why? He did a good job running Tampa Bay into the ground.

If Gruden is so great, why hasn't he had a coaching gig, even as an assistant, in 4 years?
    Gruden would give OBD instant credibility. He hasn't wanted to get back into coaching.
    Originally Posted by Griff
    I'm a Bills fan, I don't feel gloom, I've been baptized in fire. Wide right, Music City Forward Lateral, Pittsburgh's third stringers, 13 years, at this point nothing but moving the team would make me feel the gloom

Don't worry guys according to Bills fans Tony Dungy and Brian Billick are also in the mix! ....

Quote Originally Posted by TheNittanyLion View Post
    Whiz has only had 2 losing seasons in 6 years as the head coach of what many consider to be a joke of a franchise and made them legitimate. You know how many losing seasons the Bills have had over the last 6 years? 6. Whiz has coached in two super bowls in the last ten years, winning as the OC of Pittsburgh in 05 and losing as the head coach of Zona. Buffalo hasn't even sniffed the playoffs.

Reid had his players quit on him just like the Bills players quit on Gailey. He doesn't run the ball enough and can't figure out how to fix his defense. They just haven't been good since Jim Johnson died (RIP).

Lovie gets his players to play hard, but he never got his offense figured out. In 9 years he went to the playoffs 3 times, and lost in the Super Bowl. He just can't put together a good offensive staff, but Whiz was able to put together a good defensive staff and if his oline was better could have had more success on that side of the ball.
    Boom.

That should shut the Wiz haters up.
    14 years and counting...

Offseason that will put us in the playoffs finally...

Free agency:

Sign Byrd, Jared Allen, Karlos Dansby, and Geoff Schwartz.

2014 Mock Draft:

1. Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
    2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    3. Dakota Dozier, OG, Furman
    4. Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford
    5. Prince Shembo, OLB, Notre Dame
    6. James Wilder Jr., RB, Florida State
    7. Aaron Lynch, DE, South Florida

Quote Originally Posted by CJ2K View Post
    Don't worry guys according to Bills fans Tony Dungy and Brian Billick are also in the mix! ....
    If only...do anything to get Billick!