Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Bills will interview Chip Kelly

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by D'love View Post
    That was fantastic, thanks for linking it. Really detailed, I like how he drives home the end result reasons for all the actions and decisions.
    If you like that read then see my thread: http://boards.buffalobills.com/showt...all-Chip-Kelly

Torbilz12 provided 2 links with some fantastic videos about how the offense works

I really hope this isnt our hire.

This is a guy that has recruits at his doorstep because of USC being sanctioned and being a Nike flagship sponsor. Yet with all the talent, he fails to build a decent defense, blow out opponents on a similar recruiting level, or even win his conference. His offense won't work in the NFL. Especially here, outdoors, in November and December. Please stop co-signing this hire. He has ZERO NFL experience at any point. Just because Jim Harbaugh can make it work, doesnt mean everyone will. Even Pete Carroll has had NFL experience. Not to mention national championships. It would be a HUGE mistake to hire this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by grundy208 View Post
    I started a thread last week that was just like yours. I didn't understand the love for Kelly. Unfortunately, my questioning was taken as I am against him. The Wein stepped in and linked his thread. After reading that, I found a lot more online. Kelly is the guy I want. It is a risk, because he is unproven, but it is a risk that OBD needs to take to prove what Brandon said yesterday.
    I agree 100%. 13 years of hiring retreads and nobody coordinators. I want change. Kelly is the perfect guy to be that change. I knew nothing about him but researching him, it blows me away. Everyone watched the Seattle game. That would be us with Chip. That offense is crazy good.

Quote Originally Posted by mouldsmachine1 View Post

This is a guy that has recruits at his doorstep because of USC being sanctioned and being a Nike flagship sponsor. Yet with all the talent, he fails to build a decent defense, blow out opponents on a similar recruiting level, or even win his conference. His offense won't work in the NFL. Especially here, outdoors, in November and December. Please stop co-signing this hire. He has ZERO NFL experience at any point. Just because Jim Harbaugh can make it work, doesnt mean everyone will. Even Pete Carroll has had NFL experience. Not to mention national championships. It would be a HUGE mistake to hire this guy.
    Yet
    NE uses concepts
    Sea
    San Fran
    Washington

Read about his run first offense a little and actually show me his recruit class rankings. I bet they are not as high as you think.

How is the weather in Eugene late in the year

Who is your pick

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    You realize the forward pass one an innovation at one point right?

Offense moves more and more towards the spread every year and Kelly and his concepts are part of that.
    Not sure why this 21st century is so hard for some folks.

Simple really:

A. ANALYTICS WHOOPED!!! our A$$$$$es all season: ex. Seattle, NEx2. And when you get reamed that bad its hard for the suits to not notice. And then anyone worth their salt would find out what "that awesome weapon was" and where do I get one!!

B. We are in the business of ANALYTICS now. Ow where ow where do we find us some ANALYTICS?? Hey, dont dat dere Chipper feller do doz anal thingamajiggers?? Why yes, ole golly gee. He does the best anal in da bisnas. (lol sorry couldnt resist)

C. We are in hot pursuit of some ANALYTICS. Locals talking bout the massive discovery of ANALYTICS in Oregon. Some people are talkin of moving there, others want to go get some and bring it home.

Bottom line is that every candidate that will be interviewed better know their "ANALYTICS" because Buffalo will be a askin. Chips already knows his. Can anyone say that about any of these other candidates. Does Lovie know Analytics. Whiz? Ariz DC? Haslett? I believe our final candidate will be ulitmately chosen due to "ANALYTICAL" accumen.

Kelly has the one trait I want in our next coach. He is fanatical with his repetition and game preparation. A team that is well prepared is less likely to crack in pressure situations and lose close games.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrien_Cody View Post
    Not sure why this 21st century is so hard for some folks.

Simple really:

A. ANALYTICS WHOOPED!!! our A$$$$$es all season: ex. Seattle, NEx2. And when you get reamed that bad its hard for the suits to not notice. And then anyone worth their salt would find out what "that awesome weapon was" and where do I get one!!

B. We are in the business of ANALYTICS now. Ow where ow where do we find us some ANALYTICS?? Hey, dont dat dere Chipper feller do doz anal thingamajiggers?? Why yes, ole golly gee. He does the best anal in da bisnas. (lol sorry couldnt resist)

C. We are in hot pursuit of some ANALYTICS. Locals talking bout the massive discovery of ANALYTICS in Oregon. Some people are talkin of moving there, others want to go get some and bring it home.

Bottom line is that every candidate that will be interviewed better know their "ANALYTICS" because Buffalo will be a askin. Chips already knows his. Can anyone say that about any of these other candidates. Does Lovie know Analytics. Whiz? Ariz DC? Haslett? I believe our final candidate will be ulitmately chosen due to "ANALYTICAL" accumen.
    Speaking of analytics. What do the say about a hard working HC that runs efficient practices respected by football NFL guys with a 45-7 record.

I bet say hire this freaking guy.

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    I disagree.

Blocking is something you're either willing to do or you're not. If you're not willing to block, you can't be taught to block.

160 pound, contact shy Desean Jackson is never going to be willing to block.
    I re-disagree.

Given the opportunity to perform for the "Greatest Show on Earth 2" might be just enough of an incentive to get those unwilling to block, to block. If I were Desean, I would be thrilled with this opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by CPTBobby2 View Post
    Blocking at the WR spot takes an attitude. Not all will do it. Maclin and Jackson have been under constant fire in Philly because they won't.

Also they really don't run the entire route tree either
    Yea I dont pretend to know the blocking habits of these two and would defer to you on this. I am glad to hear this is widely know. May turn out to be a factor in landing Chips and I am all for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spandrel View Post
    Kelly has the one trait I want in our next coach. He is fanatical with his repetition and game preparation. A team that is well prepared is less likely to crack in pressure situations and lose close games.
    " The Best way to beat the team you are going to play is to have your team play with conviction. Are there any basketball coaches here? The one thing I cannot understand about their sport occurs in the clutch stages of the game. With the game tied and five seconds left in the game, the coach calls a time-out. He picks up a whiteboard and draws a play. I do not know how long I would last in Eugene, Oregon if I did that.

If your players have not run that play in a critical situation over a thousand times in practice, you will not have a chance to be successful. With our inside zone play, we get so much practice time and so many reps that we can handle all the other scenarios that come about. Instead of trying to outscheme your opponent, put your players in an environment where they can be successful because they understand exactly what they have to do." - Chip Kelly

" TJ has not run that play many times, not since the beginning of the season" - paraphrasing Chan Gailey/Stevie after losing that Pats game on an INT in the endzone.

This is a guy who evaluates what he has and who he has to beat and builds a team accordingly. As such he puts his bast talent on offence at the expense of the D. This has been going on for years IE. PSU puts their best guys at LB thus the linebacker U moniker. I imagine he would be smart enough to notice you need more balance in the NFL and adjust accordingly. The NFL has changed a bunch over the past few years and the college game is more applicable than it has been in the past. This is our opportunity to try being the 49ers in the 80's setting a trend rather than all the teams who would go on to copy the west coast offence.

Yet
    NE uses concepts
    Sea
    San Fran
    Washington

Read about his run first offense a little and actually show me his recruit class rankings. I bet they are not as high as you think.
    Rankings are biased. NFL defenses will adjust to those offenses. Quickly.

How is the weather in Eugene late in the year
    Warm and rainy in November. You now, when late season college football games are played.

Who is your pick
    Arians.

Rankings are biased. NFL defenses will adjust to those offenses. Quickly.

Warm and rainy in November. You now, when late season college football games are played.

Arians.
    1. No one has adjusted so far this year. Of the teams who use his philosophies (NE, Was, SF, Sea) they rank #1, #5, #11 and #17 in total offense (Seattle has improved all season).

2. Eugene average November high = 52 degrees. Buffalo average November high = 47 degrees.

3. We can do better.

I'd take Arians in a heartbeat.

You think the Steelers miss him just a bit?

Still, Chip is my #1 choice. On offense and defense the players will be PREPARED for what they will face. As someone else pointed out, no TJ Graham running a route he's never run with the game on the line.
    Find a way to get Clowney or Mack!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7975 View Post
    " The Best way to beat the team you are going to play is to have your team play with conviction. Are there any basketball coaches here? The one thing I cannot understand about their sport occurs in the clutch stages of the game. With the game tied and five seconds left in the game, the coach calls a time-out. He picks up a whiteboard and draws a play. I do not know how long I would last in Eugene, Oregon if I did that.

If your players have not run that play in a critical situation over a thousand times in practice, you will not have a chance to be successful. With our inside zone play, we get so much practice time and so many reps that we can handle all the other scenarios that come about. Instead of trying to outscheme your opponent, put your players in an environment where they can be successful because they understand exactly what they have to do." - Chip Kelly

" TJ has not run that play many times, not since the beginning of the season" - paraphrasing Chan Gailey/Stevie after losing that Pats game on an INT in the endzone.
    Fockin love this ish

Wait, they keep stats in sports now? Will you teach me to Football? Money ball is great, how many championships did the As win? I dont need a computer to tell me that Dennis Northcut is beter than Calvin Johnson because his weight minus max bench press times his cell phone number is higher. Let the nerds like Collin Cowherd and Mike Schopp worry about that. Two guys who sound like they havent watched a Football game in 10 years.

One thing I think is very important in this whole process is Russ Brandon and his ability to sell the franchise. The guy may not be a football guru but he's a pretty smart businessman and marketer that knows how to pitch something. I think he's better at doing that than Cleveland and Philadelphia I'd imagine.
    Adopt-A-Bill 2012: Kirk Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by RideTheLightning95 View Post
    One thing I think is very important in this whole process is Russ Brandon and his ability to sell the franchise. The guy may not be a football guru but he's a pretty smart businessman and marketer that knows how to pitch something. I think he's better at doing that than Cleveland and Philadelphia I'd imagine.
    Especially Cleveland. Much tougher division (in both cases of Philly and Cleveland). Not better weather.

The Bills have more talent than the Browns and a weaker division overall.
    Find a way to get Clowney or Mack!