Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Stop All The Chip Kelly Talk, He Is Not Coming To Buffalo

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Really don't want him either.

A rookie head coach like him for NFL standards has zero leverage though.

Quote Originally Posted by slaphappy View Post
    What? Is that even possible? Is there even anything else to care about?
    I like beavers. Furry beavers or bald beavers; it's all the same.
    A Bills fan in Dixie. How did that happen?

If he wasn't interested he wouldn't interview, if he had no intentions of going to the NFL he wouldn't risk pissing off Oregon by taking interviews...There's almost no pressure coming here to be a coach, a team like Philly wants a ring, that's a ton of pressure and you know it's Philly after one year they'll be calling for his job if they don't make the championship game at least...in Buffalo the only pressure would getting the team to the playoffs within a few years, which guess what? If he doesn't do that with any team in the league he'd be fired...Buffalo is probably the best situation for him, NE won't be good for too much longer, the Jets are about to hit rock bottom and the Phins are improving but I would think the Bills have a better roster right now...the Browns have three other teams competing for the playoffs every year same with Philly
    Mock draft

1. T Jake Matthews
    2. TE Jace Amaro
    3. DE Kareem Martin
    4. LB Jordan Zumwalt
    5. CB Walt Aikens
    7. P Pat O'Donnell

Another Championship Uconn!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baldat28 View Post
    If he wasn't interested he wouldn't interview, if he had no intentions of going to the NFL he wouldn't risk pissing off Oregon by taking interviews...There's almost no pressure coming here to be a coach, a team like Philly wants a ring, that's a ton of pressure and you know it's Philly after one year they'll be calling for his job if they don't make the championship game at least...in Buffalo the only pressure would getting the team to the playoffs within a few years, which guess what? If he doesn't do that with any team in the league he'd be fired...Buffalo is probably the best situation for him, NE won't be good for too much longer, the Jets are about to hit rock bottom and the Phins are improving but I would think the Bills have a better roster right now...the Browns have three other teams competing for the playoffs every year same with Philly
    Agreed 100%.

Get to a wildcard here and the fans will build a statue. He would be untouchable for 4-5 years after that.

Get to a wildcard in Philly and they will demand your firing for not getting to the divisional round. McNabb was a bum to them. Fitzpatrick was a hero here for resembling an NFL QB for a handful of games.
    Find a way to get Clowney or Mack!

Quote Originally Posted by baldat28 View Post
    quick, someone injure Brady bad enough that his career is over, East is ours! TIME IS NOW!!!!!!!

They said Mario Williams would never sign here

Quote Originally Posted by The Fun Police View Post
    Agreed 100%.

Get to a wildcard here and the fans will build a statue. He would be untouchable for 4-5 years after that.

Get to a wildcard in Philly and they will demand your firing for not getting to the divisional round. McNabb was a bum to them. Fitzpatrick was a hero here for resembling an NFL QB for a handful of games.
    It's funny, I was listening to GR today and something came up that had Williams, Mularkey or Jauron(any one of them)made the playoffs just once, they would likely still be here today.

Quote Originally Posted by punk4ever911 View Post
    They said Mario Williams would never sign here
    Money talks...

I'm still not entirely sold he's in it for the football. His best efforts were against cream puff teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo_Blitz View Post
    It's funny, I was listening to GR today and something came up that had Williams, Mularkey or Jauron(any one of them)made the playoffs just once, they would likely still be here today.
    They made another good point Monday: George Wilson catches two breadbasket picks against the Titans and Rams and the Bills finish 8-8, Gailey is still here, we're arguing about "continuity" and all the same guys are back for a 4th season.

None of what is happening now would be going on. That's how close the NFL is.
    Find a way to get Clowney or Mack!

They made another good point Monday: George Wilson catches two breadbasket picks against the Titans and Rams and the Bills finish 8-8, Gailey is still here, we're arguing about "continuity" and all the same guys are back for a 4th season.

None of what is happening now would be going on. That's how close the NFL is.
    Finally, a break our way(and i'm not a fan of the WGR guys really, they rarely make effective points, Sully's negativity is both amusing and frustrating)

So you think had Gailey still been here the lease deal doesn't happen and Ralph doesn't step down? Hmm, i'm kind of convinced it all went hand in hand to be honest.

Give George Wilson a key to the city!

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo_Blitz View Post
    quick, someone injure Brady bad enough that his career is over, East is ours! TIME IS NOW!!!!!!!
    Honestly the time is may not be now but in two years it will be...I could honestly see Brady and BB calling it careers together, and it could happen as soon as next season...The Jets will likely try and keep the team together for next season and once that fails (which it will) they will be in re-build mode...I can see it being like it was in the late 80's early 90's with the Bills and Phins being back on top of the division within 2 years
    Mock draft

1. T Jake Matthews
    2. TE Jace Amaro
    3. DE Kareem Martin
    4. LB Jordan Zumwalt
    5. CB Walt Aikens
    7. P Pat O'Donnell

Another Championship Uconn!!!

Why Cleveland over Buffalo?
    He doesnt have proven NFL success that our FO is looking for..

That and he has already been in talks to take over as HC of CLE after the bowl game.

yeukd2013 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    People STILL CARE WHAT THE NATIONAL MEDIA THINKS OF BUFFALO??? This is ****ing high school ALL over again.
    kiem dinh giĆ” r?.

Quote Originally Posted by rjmarkin View Post
    The people that make threads like this look like the biggest tools... I know more than everyone else bla bla bla bla
    you know bills1 huh
    If you have nothing intelligent to say....become a fish fan!!!

Agreed 100%.

I don't want Chip Kelly, but everything else is/was spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bills1 View Post
    If you are a well sought after coach, would you want to coach the Bills as your first stint in the NFL? The answer is no. He is reportedly interviewing with the Bills, Browns and Eagles. None of those teams are to appealing. You can say we have a good roster, we have not made the playoffs in 13 years and went 6-10 this year. No first time NFL HC is gong to want that pressure on him. The Eagles may have a shot. I see Kelly staying at Oregon and waiting for a more intriguing NFL job in the future (aka Dallas). Whisenhunt is the guy. Stop all the other talk.
    Money talks, and my sources tell me the Bills are prepared to open the vault for him.

Kelly wants to make the jump to the big leagues and he is familiar with the Bills. Kelly is also friends with Bellichek and would love nothing more than to beat him.

We shall see.

If CHip takes the Bills to the playoffs in like 2 out of his first 3 years, he will be hailed as the savior of this franchise and would literally be given the key to the city

Quote Originally Posted by Bills1 View Post
    If you are a well sought after coach, would you want to coach the Bills as your first stint in the NFL? The answer is no. He is reportedly interviewing with the Bills, Browns and Eagles. None of those teams are to appealing. You can say we have a good roster, we have not made the playoffs in 13 years and went 6-10 this year. No first time NFL HC is gong to want that pressure on him. The Eagles may have a shot. I see Kelly staying at Oregon and waiting for a more intriguing NFL job in the future (aka Dallas). Whisenhunt is the guy. Stop all the other talk.
    what are tomorrows winning lottery numbers nostradomous? seriously how do you know who will be coaching here next year? you dont know so zip it and stop telling people who and what they can post because someone with only 251 posts has no right to say such things

Cleveland, Philadelphia, and Buffalo are all going to make their best guesses at what Kelly is looking for and develop their sales pitch around that.

Kelly will go with whichever team gets it right and has the money to match. Brandon and his team got it right with Mario Williams, so they may be able to do it again.

None of us know exactly what Kelly is looking for, so we are all just speculating. Let's hope our front office guys are good at reading Kelly and can pull of another coup.

I don't get all the love for Chip Kelly.
    If Chan was accused of running a College Offense then what is Kelly's??
    And if this is to work in the NFL we will need a QB that can both run and throw the football so will Brad Smith be the starting QB now?
    I am not sold on this idea of Chip Kelly in the NFL like Charlie Casserly also stated when asked about this guy.
    I just don't see that type of offense being played in the NFL because the QB will take alot of hits running the football.
    Mock draft.
    1) Patterson WR- Vols
    2) Nassib/Glennon/Wilson/Jones/ Manuel (the one OBD belives in)
    3) Vance McDonald TE - Rice
    4) Reddick ILB - North Carolina
    5) S.Thomas Syracuse / D.J. Swearinger - South Carolina - S
    6) Chris Jones - DT - Bowling Green
    FA. Sign Moore to play LG for two years. Sign Karlos Dansby to play ILB for 1-2 years.
    Go all in on franchise guy next year if he is there and 2nd round QB is not ready.

Adopt a Bill 2013: Allan "Uncle Phil" Branch.