Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bills to interview Lovie Smith

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by xboomer View Post
    3 playoff wins in 9 yrs > 0 playoff appearances in 13 yrs. Do the math.
    Was going to reply with the same thing.
    "Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try.
    Though we know that time has wings, we're the ones who have to fly" - RUSH

Help a kid out, join BallBurglar.com

Quote Originally Posted by homeskillitmoorman View Post
    Yuck. I can't understand at all why people want Lovie and his 3 playoff wins in 9 years.
    Yes, please pass on a guy who has made it to the playoffs multiple times. We need to get a guy who wins the super bowl every year. *Sarcasm off*

Bills fans are hilarious, people around here act like we've been doing great, getting to the playoffs every year. Lovie has won for a long time in a good division. He's had top 5 defenses **** near every year he's been a coach. He went to the Super Bowl with REX GROSSMAN. He certainly a better choice than the Whis and Norton.

Quote Originally Posted by xboomer View Post
    3 playoff wins in 9 yrs > 0 playoff appearances in 13 yrs. Do the math.
    Ahh, the old "well he's better than what we have". That's such a loser mentality.

No matter how bad the organization is...the goal should always be to build towards a long-term Superbowl contender. Not to become mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDeal View Post
    Yes, please pass on a guy who has made it to the playoffs multiple times. We need to get a guy who wins the super bowl every year. *Sarcasm off*

Bills fans are hilarious, people around here act like we've been doing great, getting to the playoffs every year. Lovie has won for a long time in a good division. He's had top 5 defenses **** near every year he's been a coach. He went to the Super Bowl with REX GROSSMAN. He certainly a better choice than the Whis and Norton.
    And who's fault is it that their starter was Rex Grossman? Or that he brought in horrible offensive coordinators over and over and over again? I always love this logic that nothing that happens on the other side of the ball is his fault. Just like when people would defend Chan and say "well we just need to get him a great defensive coordinator". If Lovie is that clueless about offense, which he's proven he is. he shouldn't be a head coach. He's a defensive coordinator.

How quickly some people forget what happened 3 years ago....

When it all over we will be LUCKY to sign some little league coach LET ALONE LOVIE SMITH.

Quote Originally Posted by THE SLAMMER View Post
    How quickly some people forget what happened 3 years ago....

When it all over we will be LUCKY to sign some little league coach LET ALONE LOVIE SMITH.
    This

After Lovie... lets give Zimmer a look... Lovie has tough competition especially since Horton and Whiz all have ties to Whaley.

Russ was on the John Murphy show last night and he reiterated the same thing he said at the press conference:

They intend to do an "exhaustive" search and are not in for the quick answer.

I hope they continue with that approach.

As time goes on I'm not so sure I have a favorite. I would not have been satisfied had they stopped with Whisenhunt and offered him the job, but it doesn't appear they are doing that.

One thing I do want them to do is follow through and give Hue Jackson an interview.

I'm glad their at least doing their due diligence in this search instead of just going out and hiring first guy the interview. They've already done two interviews that we know of and have 3-5 at least rumored for this weekend. I'm totally fine with that. Interview everyone, go back to Buffalo and sit down and figure out which coach is the best fit and offer him the job. That simple.
    1. OT Jake Matthews, 6'6 309 Texas A&M
    2. OLB Kyle Van Noy, 6'4 243 BYU
    3. RB Andre Williams, 5'10 233 Boston College
    4. OG Trai Turner, 6'3 310 LSU
    5. CB Ross Cockrell, 6'0 191 Duke
    7. DE Ethan Westbrooks, 6'4 267 West Texas A&M

Lovie kind of reminds me of Dick Jauron in the sense of him seeming like too passive of a coach. We need a coach who will show emotion on the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollerbillz View Post
    I want to be on record as wanting Lovie Smith. He is a leader of MEN, bot Boys!

I for one welcome our new BOT boy overlords...

Seriously though i wouldn't be mad with Smith because hes good. However i think its time we take a risk on someone who could be great.

Ian Rapoport confirms Lovie to interview in Buffalo "soon" with members of the Buffalo brass.

Quote Originally Posted by BillsLunaticEZE View Post
    Hells freaking ya this is what in talking about and let lovie bring whiz or hue Jackson to coach the offense
    This right here. People if Lovie was to come to Bffalo I'm sure they'll have a plan for whom will be the OC.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Triller Spiller View Post
    Finally between Lovie Horton and Kelly were bound to.find our coach!
    I would take any of the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills View Post
    I'm glad their at least doing their due diligence in this search instead of just going out and hiring first guy the interview. They've already done two interviews that we know of and have 3-5 at least rumored for this weekend. I'm totally fine with that. Interview everyone, go back to Buffalo and sit down and figure out which coach is the best fit and offer him the job. That simple.
    This is what's important for me. We don't know how all of this will turn out, but at least there seems to be an extensive search as promised.
    "Golden teeth and golden tones, welcome to my presence"

In lots of ways I would much rather have Lovie Smith and having him make Gil Byrd father of J. Bryd be the DC in order to keep #31 from leaving and as an ADDED bonus getting Norv Turner to run the offensive side of the ball and also having him bring back STC Bobby April. Although I'm not too sure Bobby is completely over being snubbed by Ralph Wilson when Tricky Dick was "Relieved of his Head Coaching Duties" of the Buffalo Bills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage; America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.Dr. Ron Paul

One fact people are over looking is his winning % against winning teams. Which is an amazing .333%

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/12/...n-is-not-good/
    "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"~Matthew 5:44

Just what a difference 3 years makes. Man the last coaching search was dreadful, we couldn't interview the likes of Brian Schotty or Russ Grimm. Now we have guys lined up, Im thrilled at the fact that if we don't land our top dog in Chip Kelly that we will get a Lovie Smith, Ray Horton, Mike McCoy, heck, even Whiz is a superior candidate to Gailey.
    Post Free Agency Mock

Rd. 1 Eric Ebron TE UNC
    Rd. 2 Morgan Mosses OT Virginia
    Rd. 3 Kareem Martin DE UNC
    Rd. 4 Andre Williams RB BC
    Rd. 5 Walt Aikens CB Liberty
    Rd. 7 Josh Willford G LSU

By no means am I the biggest supporter of Lovie for HC on these boards, but in defense of his offensive issues, the real issue over the years has been personnel.

In his pre-Cutler years, his leading passers were Orton twice, Rex Grossman, Brian Griese, and Chad Hutchinson. It's hard to get even a serviceable offense going out of that group, compounded by lack of a great RB (Thomas Jones 3 years, one year of Benson, and Forte's rookie year), and no receiving threat to speak of (David Terrell, Muhsin Muhammad 2 years, Bernard Berrian, and Devin Freaking Hester). Despite this, his offenses steadily improved: in terms of points/game, they went 32nd, 26th, 2nd, 18th, 14th in those years. Not to mention, twice in the playoffs in five years, including a Super Bowl appearance.

After acquiring Cutler in 2009, the Bears offense has since gone (in terms of points/game): 19th, 21st, 17th, 16th. Respectable numbers, despite the fact that until this season, they still had no WR, and the fact that they have consistently had one of the worst offensive lines in the league - this is a team that has had no depth at multiple offensive positions, including OL and WR. I don't know if that is on Lovie or their GM, but it doesn't matter here, as we have a GM who would have authority over personnel decisions, be it Nix or Whaley or someone else down the road.

It's also worth pointing out that yes, having a great defense will help in terms of points/game scored on offense, but a counter-argument to that would be that Lovie would also make our defense better, which should help our offense in scoring.
    Buffalo Crossing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibhappy View Post
    On the final point, so what. If brains, were so important, why does the Ivy League produce so few NFL quarterbacks?

why do we need a smokescreen...the Bills have been full of smokescreens and have been trying to outsmart people for years....and for what? Find the guy you want, make a good offer, and lets get this thing turned around.