Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Early ideas for #8

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Having watched the Bowls, the best two QBs in terms of arm strength, accuracy and 'it' factor are Aaron Murray and Tahj Boyd.

No idea if they'll declare, but the Senior Class is extremely overrated and I think the real talent is with those two Juniors.

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    Having watched the Bowls, the best two QBs in terms of arm strength, accuracy and 'it' factor are Aaron Murray and Tahj Boyd.

No idea if they'll declare, but the Senior Class is extremely overrated and I think the real talent is with those two Juniors.
    They have both been that way all season long, just not the ideal size.

I think GENO SMITH was sold out by his defense. Once teams figured WVU's defense was terrible, they kept him off the field or with no option but to throw. He has the physical attributes and mindset to be an NFL QB. I would definitely take him if he is there at 8.

I love Boyd too, but we will see if he comes out and where he is expected to be available.
    Hopelessly devastated Bills fan.

Boyd and Murray are only 6'1... this may mean less than it used to though... especially for Boyd (who can be more than a pocket passer)...

Coach with the best fit at QB:

Mike Mccoy- If Mccoy is hired as HC I think his best fits would be Geno Smith, Mike Glennon and Tyler Wilson. All the QB's he has worked with aside of Tim Tebow fit his kind of player, taller, some mobility and accurate which most of these players are.

Lovie Smith- Geno Smith, Aaron Murray, Tyler Wilson and Matt Barkley- these types of players fit the Rex Grossman/Jay Cutler mold that he has had in Chicago, I don't think Lovie would select a guy like Glennon with little mobility.

Gus Bradley- I think he comes from a West Coast now a spread type of offense and think Matt Barkley would be a perfect fit for him.

I personally think the choice will be QB Matt Barkley if he's there, he gives this franchise a face and a very marketable one at that for Russ to sell tickets and bring in a winning Qb at the same time. I see us getting a high profile coach now a top college QB prospect and this city will go nuts even though some may not like Barkley he is still a 1st round prospect.

Honestly, it would have to be down to Murray, Wilson, Boyd or Barkley... I would like guys like Te'o, Ogletree, Mingo, and the one player no one seems to talk about Terrance Williams.

I fore one would really like to see Terrance Williams added to this roster one way or another.
    I LOVE ME SOME ME
    Adopt a Bill 2012- Cordy Glenn
    Adopt a Bill 2013- Mario Williams
    Adopt a Bill 2014- Sammy Watkins
    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Emerson

I'll puke if we pick Matt Bustley

Did someone really post that Alec Ogletree is a safety? Yes, he used to be a safety but he is now a linebacker. Did someone else really post that we need to take Jadeveon Clowney? Do people understand that he is not eligible for the NFL Draft? Do you also understand that just because he blew up a Michigan player does not mean he is a "once in a lifetime" player. He is **** good, but can't we stop with the over the top comparisons?

Oh and Ogletree is not a top 10 pick

Head Coach - Devil Dawgs

98% of this board still doesn't know a thing about football (especially college football)

Quote Originally Posted by fearthepanthers View Post
    Did someone really post that Alec Ogletree is a safety? Yes, he used to be a safety but he is now a linebacker. Did someone else really post that we need to take Jadeveon Clowney? Do people understand that he is not eligible for the NFL Draft? Do you also understand that just because he blew up a Michigan player does not mean he is a "once in a lifetime" player. He is **** good, but can't we stop with the over the top comparisons?

Oh and Ogletree is not a top 10 pick
    1) Someone did say Olgetree was a safety (false)... someone also said he was going back to school (if true, obviously he's out)
    2) Clowney was mentioned for next year... which is crazy.
    3) Ogletree is a mid-first rounder, IMO.

At this point I would go

1. Geno
    2. Te'o
    3. Murray
    4. Wilson
    5. Jarvis Jones

Weve got to get a QB early.

I really like Dysert, but probably would have to take a top defender if my list was gone (werner/damonster).

Ogletree isnt a good LBer. Hes athletic and rangy, but doesnt have good instincts and shies away from blockers. Id take Arthur Brown well before him. Brown reminds me of Lavonte David, who I loved last year. Brown is more physical if less instinctive..another guy who is really great is Michael Mauti, who should drop due to his injuries, but is VERY sound technique wise and always makes plays off of blocks. Id love to get him later.

YEAH!! I got one right! lol

7. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami

QB. Don't bother telling me it's a reach because that's the only way you get a QB in the draft unless you just totally luck out like the Pats did. It is the one single addition to this team that would have the biggest positive impact. If not, trade for Rivers, but I don't know if Buddy would still want him.
    2013 - 2014 Adopt-a-Bill: Stephon Gilmore

This is the year that Gilmore erases all doubt.

Tyler Wilson isn't worth an 8 overall. Honestly, I like Demarcus Milliner, but the chances of him performing like Gilmore right out the gate is slim to none. But the chance is there, and I drool at the prospect of having 2 great CBs. it would make our pass rush that much better.

Realistically, we're either looking at Te'o or Ogletree. I'm not down on either one.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1237006_417793431666201_616460147_n.jpg
    14 years. Our Playoff drought has entered puberty.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggTX View Post
    QB. Don't bother telling me it's a reach because that's the only way you get a QB in the draft unless you just totally luck out like the Pats did. It is the one single addition to this team that would have the biggest positive impact. If not, trade for Rivers, but I don't know if Buddy would still want him.
    Exactly.

You can't win in the NFL without a QB and none of the three guys we had this year are going to be back with the team next year.

We need 3 new QBs. Preferably a 1st rounder, a veteran and a later round project.