Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed Kilgore says Russ Brandon given piece of franchise

Default Ed Kilgore says Russ Brandon given piece of franchise

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I don't know what this means but if so, then I could see the Bills stay here forever the way the Halas family still owns the Bears. Maybe Russ was the son Ralph never had.
    Con - victimize: deprive of by deceit;

I'm forty. For 75% of my life the Bills have sucked. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Wow Russ is a lucky dude.

Ehhhhhhh. THe NFL does not allow for partial ownership nor does it allow for ownership of a franchise to be transferred without sale.

Quote Originally Posted by nateodoms'bff View Post
    Ehhhhhhh. THe NFL does not allow for partial ownership nor does it allow for ownership of a franchise to be transferred without sale.
    This is not true you can give piece of team as compensation.

I'm forty. For 75% of my life the Bills have sucked. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

It's probably like 3% or something smaller but if true I could see Brandon running the team for the Wilson women once Ralph dies.

Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    This is not true you can give piece of team as compensation.
    No you cannot.

What Ralph can do is compensate him POST SALE with a percentage of proceeds through an addendum to his living will, but he cannot cede any ownership to anyone without league approval and sale. This is standard for any franchise investment. Thats why they are franchise's and not sole proprietorship's. Its also how the NFL skirts Anti-Trust litigation.

Hm. I'm not sure that partial ownership is barred, as you say. I think the Giants are split-owned, and maybe the raiders due to estate. Then there's Green Bay...
    “Right now, we just lost to the ****ing Buffalo Bills.” - Jets RG Willie Colon, Nov 17, 2013

"I don’t take L’s like this, especially to the Buffalo Bills." - Jets DT Sheldon Richardson, Nov 24, 2014

Bills are worth $800 million.

If Brandon just given 1%...that's $8 million.

No you cannot.

What Ralph can do is compensate him POST SALE with a percentage of proceeds through an addendum to his living will, but he cannot cede any ownership to anyone without league approval and sale. This is standard for any franchise investment. Thats why they are franchise's and not sole proprietorship's. Its also how the NFL skirts Anti-Trust litigation.
    This is so not true. You only have to keep a majority of the team and can sale part to anyone you want. Steelers did it, Rams did it, the Dolphins doing it as we speak.

I would think Kilgore would at least know the ownership rules. Not sure if it is true or not, but I am also not sure he could make a statement like this if the NFL doesn't allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Bills are worth $800 million.

If Brandon just given 1%...that's $8 million.
    He'd probably make 4 million per as team president anyway.

This is so not true. You only have to keep a majority of the team and can sale part to anyone you want. Steelers did it, Rams did it, the Dolphins doing it as we speak.
    Good points man. People speak in such absolutism to try to argue, when in fact, they are wrong.

I don't know what this means but if so, then I could see the Bills stay here forever the way the Halas family still owns the Bears. Maybe Russ was the son Ralph never had.
    I thought this was only speculation, is there a link/source that confirms this?

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamsWreckingCrew View Post
    I thought this was only speculation, is there a link/source that confirms this?
    I saw him doing the sportscast tonight so no link.

Quote Originally Posted by Bills1 View Post
    Or Russ and Ralph are gay lovers.

That is a new low on the bbmb.

Quote Originally Posted by BillieverInCleveland View Post
    Hm. I'm not sure that partial ownership is barred, as you say. I think the Giants are split-owned, and maybe the raiders due to estate. Then there's Green Bay...
    The Giants are owned by the Mara Family same as the Steelers. They are the chairpeople of a singular company created to hold the asset (the team) in place. They cannot cede any portion of the team for any value to anyone without approval from the league. The holding company has the right of first refusal, and by default will not allow for a minority interest to invest in the company. Uncle Al's kid, set up for the team to be given to his son through his will. That was approved by the league. Along with that, a sales tax has to placed on the acquisition of the team. Its generally an arbitrary number covering filing costs, filing fee's and attorney's fee's, essentially making it a was. This money is generally known prior to the death and is set aside in trust for the time.

Green Bay is entirely different animal, and was grandfathered into the league, that is why it is the only team that is "publicly owned". But again, the team is managed by a board of directors established by a holding company.

The NFL is entirely different than MLB, which allows for cash sales and partial ownership. This is due to the strict revenue sharing which keeps them above any Anti-Trust regulation.

I'll say it again.

Nothing is possible without league approval. Ralph, or any owner cannot arbitrarily give or sell any portion of the team to anyone else. Especially a small percentage.

Here is an example.

I own a car with my brother. We both paid $2000 at the time of purchase. He decides that he wants to sell his half of the car for $2500. Now I want to sell the car for its value, which is $4000. The new investor holds up the sale of said car because he is not going to cover his investment.

This is why teams are franchises and not sole proprietorships operating as 32 separate entities.

A team has the right to sell at any time, that is correct. There is no rule stating that a team cannot be sold. But partial ownership is not allowed outside of trust or holding company.

Simply put, you're wrong. Dolphins current owners are Stephen M. Ross (about 95%), Wayne Huizenga (about 5%) (with unknown percentages of ownership by Gloria Estefan, Emilio Estefan, Jennifer Lopez, Fergie, Marc Anthony, Jimmy Buffett, Venus Williams, and Serena Williams).

Took me all of 10 seconds to remember those strange "small % sales" the past few years they had and look it up on Wikipedia. I'm pretty sure other teams have similar things going on.
    Favorite (Bills) Player: Jackson and Goodwin

Who is Ed Kilgore?
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1237006_417793431666201_616460147_n.jpg
    14 years. Our Playoff drought has entered puberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Good points man. People speak in such absolutism to try to argue, when in fact, they are wrong.
    Its called an education.

I have no innate need to be right. Its just unfortunate that you felt the need to get snippy and accusatory. Its not absolutism, its called facts. Do a little research, do some reading, and you'll find that Im not wrong, but in fact quite right.