Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: !!!! What I've heard about Chip & the Bills Interview !!!!

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloHardHat View Post
    I dont believe one word that the original poster posted.

You think people leak things such as this for what reason? It certainly isnt to help their cause!

And if a person like you finds these juicy little tidbits out , dont you think the Bills brass would know this as well and not even bother with the interview? I know I wouldnt!

Respectfully , I do not know you but wow this is a boat load of more nonsense.
    You can make your own choice to believe me or not, but if you look up the last couple of threads I've started (re: potential Marrone interview; year end Bills org. post moterim), you can see that I reported them days before it was reported anywhere.

Regarding the Bills brass, CK played them to the nth degree .... you gotta remember, the Russ Brandon came out in his pressor about being "forward thinking", "ahead of the curve", "no stone unturned" ....bottom line, CK is smarter than the Bills Brass, they walked into a situation they had no control over

I told you, I told you, I told you.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamsWreckingCrew View Post
    There were rumors on another Bills forum that we've reached out to both but nothing of substance yet.

Jerry Sullivan mentioned in his chat today that Russ Brandon and Gruden are buddies and respect eachother, so if this is true Brandon needs to quit wasting time with all these less than stellar options and offer the farm to Gruden.

Rumor has it that Gruden makes $4 million a year for the MNF gig....I have to believe we can double that and some to get him back on the sidelines where he belongs.
    Gruden should be the Bills 1st choice imo. Thanks for the info though. You think Gruden would take 8 million? Also can a coach make bonuses for making the playoffs? Super Bowl etc.?

Mostly in the But.......Anything, that is

I hate thread titles that begin with exclamation points at the beggining and end....

only to lure me in and be very dissappointed

Quote Originally Posted by GoomzyLoveJoyBuffalo View Post
    Gruden should be the Bills 1st choice imo. Thanks for the info though. You think Gruden would take 8 million? Also can a coach make bonuses for making the playoffs? Super Bowl etc.?
    Like I said, if he's really making $4 million a year for the cushy MNF gig and we offer at least double that, along with other incentives that I can't believe he would turn us down unless he really doesn't want to coach again.

I read something saying the Gruden wants more control than the Bills are willing to give.

2014 Mock
    1. OT Jake Matthews - Texas A&M
    2. TE Troy Niklas - Notre Dame
    3. DE Kareem Martin - North Carolina
    4. QB A.J. McCarron - Alabama
    5. CB Terrance Mitchell - Oregon
    6. Traded to Tampa for Mike Williams
    7. G - Spencer Long - Nebraska

It is likely to be true, but it is all speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1 View Post
    You can make your own choice to believe me or not, but if you look up the last couple of threads I've started (re: potential Marrone interview; year end Bills org. post moterim), you can see that I reported them days before it was reported anywhere.

Regarding the Bills brass, CK played them to the nth degree .... you gotta remember, the Russ Brandon came out in his pressor about being "forward thinking", "ahead of the curve", "no stone unturned" ....bottom line, CK is smarter than the Bills Brass, they walked into a situation they had no control over
    It is my understanding that the Bills requested the interview with Kelly so I don't see how that qualifies him as playing the Bills against anybody. He said last night that he would listen to everyone who wanted to talk to him and then he would sort out everything and make a decision based on that. He has given no indication that he even has any interest in leaving Oregon.
    He is the golden boy right now and he would be a fool not to listen to every offer, so yeah I think that makes him smart, but i don't know about smarter than the Bills Brass.

**** chip kelly