Thread: Cincy's game plan reminds me of how Chan Gailey coached...

Default Cincy's game plan reminds me of how Chan Gailey coached...

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

they have an elite play maker in AJ Green, yet they are ignoring him because the Texans are paying more attention to him.

Imo, this way of thinking will cause you to lose every time.

Get the ball to the play makers!

2012 Adopt-A-Bill: T.J. Graham

I agree. Good coaches find ways to get the ball in their playmakers hands...

I like jay Gruden, I think he is over thinking things or playing too timid...
    Jinx

"Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." --- Thomas Jefferson

There is no where to go over the top. They're playing off Green too, so the only option is underneath stuff of 5 yards.

This isn't nice to say but gruden look like a total Magoo. Does he have crossed eyes? I'm not sure I could watch that for the foreseeable future.

Jay Gruden is coaching his way out of some interviews. Is it because he's working with a limited QBir is it because he's not that special?

Quote Originally Posted by Feeling On Youboty View Post
    Jay Gruden is coaching his way out of some interviews. Is it because he's working with a limited QBir is it because he's not that special?
    WHAAAT? The Texans defense is playing lights out behind their home crowd. Andy Dalton isnt playing well. AJ Green is going against a lockdown pro-bowl CB, and the Bengals offense isnt executing at all.

How the hell can you blame Gruden? Unreal!

Yeah, I wouldn't exactly blame Gruden here. WR is different than RB. It's much easier to hand the ball off than force a throw.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdigity2 View Post
    they have an elite play maker in AJ Green, yet they are ignoring him because the Texans are paying more attention to him.

Imo, this way of thinking will cause you to lose every time.

Get the ball to the play makers!
    The difference is Cincy's defense is keeping them in it giving them time to adjust. Cincy might just win this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SaBillsfan View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't exactly blame Gruden here. WR is different than RB. It's much easier to hand the ball off than force a throw.
    Exactly, there is absolutely NO help from the BEngals skill position players. No consistent threat from someone else (Hawkins/Gresham/Jones) means green will ALWAYS have the safety playing over the top.

The Texans defense is playing fantatic as well.

Both teams played not to lose.

You have to beat the Texans through the air. Their front 7 is best in the league. Spread them out and take your chances versus their 2ndary, they are not playmakers and LB are below average in coverage.

That was a poorly coached game by both teams. I am disappointed that the Bengals didn't roll Dalton out to keep the D of balance. They really misused Green and Green-Ellis. Marv Lewis is a turtle ball coach
    I love the smell of charcoal in the morning.