Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rank the QB's in the draft that fit the Bills

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by mvp216 View Post
    aaron murray is the only qb worth anything in this draft. Buffalo should trade up to the #1 spot and take him if he enters the draft this year. All the other guys won't do crap in the nfl. Look at the last several super bowl winners. You need an elite qb to win a super bowl. aaron murray is the only elite qb in this draft.

2012 - eli manning
    2011 - aaron rodgers
    2010 - drew brees
    2009 - rothelisberger
    2008 - eli manning
    2007 - peyton manning
    2006 - rothelisberger
    2005 - brady
    2004 - brady
    this!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There's Red White and Blue in the END ZONE!!!

2014 Adopt-a-Bill: Manny Lawson

Quote Originally Posted by stevesf47 View Post
    These are my top 10 in order:

1-Geno Smith
    2-Mike Glennon
    3-Tyler Wilson
    4-Logan Thomas
    5-Aaron Murray
    6-Landry Jones
    7-Matt Barkley
    8-Ryan Nassib
    9-Tyler Bray
    10-EJ Manual

I like the top 3 here...after that, i'm not too confident. I think those 3 will have solid NFL careers. After that, i'm not too impressed. I think Bray and Manual will be complete busts. Don't know much about Nassib and Barkley and Jones are wayyyy overrated. Barkley can't throw in Buffalo and Jones struggles against teams that actually can play Defense. Murray and Thomas have upside but just don't think they will be anything more than career backups.
    1-Aaron Murray
    2-Geno Smith
    3-Tyler Wilson
    4-Matt Barkley
    5-EJ Manual
    6-Ryan Nassib
    7-Mike Glennon
    8-Logan Thomas
    9-Tyler Bray
    10-Landry Jones

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatSheSaid View Post
    I don't follow UGA but listen to sports radio on him. His biggest knock was he was bad in big games.
    Not so fast their! It is VERY possible that the new Coach will NOT want to take Nassib. The grass is rarely greener on your side of the fence.

I wanna bump this now that some guys have stayed in school.

1-Tyler Wilson
    2-Geno Smith
    3-Zac Dysert
    4-Ryan Nassib
    5-Mike Glennon
    6-Matt Barkley
    7-Landry Jones
    8-EJ Manuel
    9-Tyler Bray
    10-Brad Sorensen

matt barkley is still top 3 imo

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    it dont matter how you rank them, with this guy here you can bet that nassib will be a bill !
    really whys that? my guess is your just thinking again and that has never gotten you anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by stevesf47 View Post
    These are my top 10 in order:

1-Geno Smith
    2-Mike Glennon
    3-Tyler Wilson
    4-Logan Thomas
    5-Aaron Murray
    6-Landry Jones
    7-Matt Barkley
    8-Ryan Nassib
    9-Tyler Bray
    10-EJ Manual

I like the top 3 here...after that, i'm not too confident. I think those 3 will have solid NFL careers. After that, i'm not too impressed. I think Bray and Manual will be complete busts. Don't know much about Nassib and Barkley and Jones are wayyyy overrated. Barkley can't throw in Buffalo and Jones struggles against teams that actually can play Defense. Murray and Thomas have upside but just don't think they will be anything more than career backups.
    Ryan Nassib should be much higher on this list. I would take Nassib over virtually every single other player you mentioned. He is exactly the type of QB the Bills need. He is smart and has a cannon of an arm, and solid accuracy that is really essential to succeed in WNY. He also has a strong lower body which is also a plus.
    2014 Mock

1. Ebron(if we sit at 9) Matthews if we trade down
    2. OT JuWaun James/OG Bitonio(Ealy or Crichton if we go OL in 1st)
    3. RB Seastrunk This is a December in Buffalo type RB for sure.
    4. ILB Christian Jones(fingers crossed, really like this kids pro potential)
    5. OG Jon Halapio

Formerly 2mcgahee4aloss

Quote Originally Posted by ca-deek View Post
    Not so fast their! It is VERY possible that the new Coach will NOT want to take Nassib. The grass is rarely greener on your side of the fence.
    umm, the saying is the grass is rarley greener on the other side of the fense

drafting Glennon in the 1st or even the second for that matter, would be a terrible move...
    You show me a pay stub for $72,000, I quit my job right now and work for you.

"Peace be with you, my brothers, and also with backup Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller." - Ruxin (The League)

Quote Originally Posted by lilfaith24 View Post
    really whys that? my guess is your just thinking again and that has never gotten you anywhere

Whys that? It is safe to assume after seeing the writing on the wall. I personally want Nassib over just about any other prospect.
    2014 Mock

5. OG Jon Halapio

Formerly 2mcgahee4aloss

Mykidsdad vs Buff Bandit... does it get any better than that?
    I am not a number, I am a free robot.

Quote Originally Posted by djb4500 View Post
    I wanna bump this now that some guys have stayed in school.

1-Tyler Wilson
    2-Geno Smith
    3-Zac Dysert
    4-Ryan Nassib
    5-Mike Glennon
    6-Matt Barkley
    7-Landry Jones
    8-EJ Manuel
    9-Tyler Bray
    10-Brad Sorensen
    two that would have been on my list are back in school Boyd and Murray - I don't have 10 because other than these guys I would not draft them:

1-Geno Smith
    2-Tyler Wilson
    3-Ryan Nassib
    4-Matt Scott
    5-Matt Barkley -though concerned with arm strength

On Landry Jones, EJ Manuel, and Tyler Bray I have not seen enough and will wait for All-star games, Combine and Pro Days to evaluate - just haven't had time to look at them in detail - the game I did see Manuel in was not pretty but it was only one game.

I eliminated Dysert and Glennon because they don't move that well - at the NFL level that is far more important than at the college level - would have eliminated Nassib for the same reason but the fact he played under Marrone gives me a little confidence he could be marginally effective. If Matt Scott gets rid of his whip delivery and impresses in the East-West Shrine game, he may move up. He had one decent receiver at AZ - if he clicks with Fauria during the Shrine game, I will move him up. Both Smith and Wilson have had flashes but at times have concerned me - their command of the game will come out in the chalk talks, something we don't get to see. Barkley needs the right offense and setting - if you give him time and decent WRs, he can be effective - Marrone knows what he can do and whether that would translate to his system.
    Adopt-a-Bill 2014 Marquise Goodwin

Quote Originally Posted by Tates View Post
    two that would have been on my list are back in school Boyd and Murray - I don't have 10 because other than these guys I would not draft them:

1-Geno Smith
    2-Tyler Wilson
    3-Ryan Nassib
    4-Matt Scott
    5-Matt Barkley -though concerned with arm strength

On Landry Jones, EJ Manuel, and Tyler Bray I have not seen enough and will wait for All-star games, Combine and Pro Days to evaluate - just haven't had time to look at them in detail - the game I did see Manuel in was not pretty but it was only one game.

I eliminated Dysert and Glennon because they don't move that well - at the NFL level that is far more important than at the college level - would have eliminated Nassib for the same reason but the fact he played under Marrone gives me a little confidence he could be marginally effective. If Matt Scott gets rid of his whip delivery and impresses in the East-West Shrine game, he may move up. He had one decent receiver at AZ - if he clicks with Fauria during the Shrine game, I will move him up. Both Smith and Wilson have had flashes but at times have concerned me - their command of the game will come out in the chalk talks, something we don't get to see. Barkley needs the right offense and setting - if you give him time and decent WRs, he can be effective - Marrone knows what he can do and whether that would translate to his system.
    Very well put! This is very close to my thinking with the exception of Smith at 1. Something in my gut just screams that he is going to have major growing pains in the NFL. Call it a hunch lol. I would still be in favor of drafting him though. He has rare abilities.
    2014 Mock

5. OG Jon Halapio

Formerly 2mcgahee4aloss

Barkley number one....
    Adonis DNA........Fire breathing fists....

Quote Originally Posted by AxionJaxionMVP View Post
    Ryan Nassib should be much higher on this list. I would take Nassib over virtually every single other player you mentioned. He is exactly the type of QB the Bills need. He is smart and has a cannon of an arm, and solid accuracy that is really essential to succeed in WNY. He also has a strong lower body which is also a plus.
    You are a funny guy.
    Adonis DNA........Fire breathing fists....

how could Geno smith be #1, i think the guy looked horrible in the pinstripe bowl. I would put tyler wilson above him.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp216 View Post
    Aaron Murray is the only QB worth anything in this draft. Buffalo should trade up to the #1 spot and take him if he enters the draft this year. All the other guys won't do crap in the NFL. Look at the last several Super Bowl winners. You need an elite QB to win a Super Bowl. Aaron Murray is the only elite QB in this draft.

2012 - Eli Manning
    2011 - Aaron Rodgers
    2010 - Drew Brees
    2009 - Rothelisberger
    2008 - Eli Manning
    2007 - Peyton Manning
    2006 - Rothelisberger
    2005 - Brady
    2004 - Brady
    Yes, worth repeating: If you want to win a Super Bowl you need an ELITE QB.

If there isn't an Elite QB in the draft when it is your turn to pick, you can not make an average guy be great. You are screwed and will most likely have to draft another QB the following year.

1-Tyler Wilson
    2-Geno Smith
    3-Glennon
    4-Nassib
    5-Bray
    6-Jones
    7-Barkley
    8-Dysert
    9-Manuel

Honestly its a toss up between 3&4, and 6-9 are all fairly even

Quote Originally Posted by RED800 View Post
    how could Geno smith be #1, i think the guy looked horrible in the pinstripe bowl. I would put tyler wilson above him.
    +1!
    I have only seen some of the bowl games, and they should play at their highest level in them, like a Super Bowl for NFL teams, regardless of which bowl. Some didn't.

I didn't notice much of Geno Smith in the snow game. I thought Nassib played better that day.

I thought Glennon turned it over in his game.

I thought Murray was very good in his last game.
    A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard, or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

DULCE ET DECORUM EST PATRIA MORI

Before there were "Veterans", there were.... Pennsylvanians.

umm, the saying is the grass is rarley greener on the other side of the fense
    Ummm... The grass is always greener on the other side (of the fence).
    saying Definition
    something that you say which means that other people always seem to be in a better situation than you, although they may not be
    I sometimes think I'd be happier teaching in Spain. Oh well, the grass is always greener on the other side!

(Definition of The grass is always greener on the other side (of the fence). from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary & Thesaurus Cambridge University Press)
    A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard, or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

DULCE ET DECORUM EST PATRIA MORI

Before there were "Veterans", there were.... Pennsylvanians.