Thread: Do what we need to do to get geno smith

Default Do what we need to do to get geno smith

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

ok so we have the 8th pick in the draft..if Kansas City wants this guy i say we trade this years 1st and next years 1st along with tavaris jackson to the chiefs and grab the guy, we might as well take a shot, if russ brandon isnt lying about changing this mentality in buffalo then prove it, smith has the best shot at being a franchise qb in this draft over anyone else in this years draft...we need one and we really cant afford to wait another year to get one..watch his highlight reels, the kid can play and reminds me of cam newton with a little more awareness and accuracy...why not take a shot..we cant take another year with fitz.

Of course he reminds you of Cam...

he is a good QB, if not him i like Landry Jones too good size and strong arm

Reminds you of Cam...that's a joke right? Geno is nowhere near as strong, and doesn't run the ball that much. Had a few games where he padded his rushing attempts. He's more accurate than Cam was in college...but I see almost 0 similarities. Cam fired up player, Geno is quiet. I don't get it?
    Me and Mr Oklahoma called CJ Spiller to the Bills. Nobody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Billsfan1919 View Post
    Reminds you of Cam...that's a joke right? Geno is nowhere near as strong, and doesn't run the ball that much. Had a few games where he padded his rushing attempts. He's more accurate than Cam was in college...but I see almost 0 similarities. Cam fired up player, Geno is quiet. I don't get it?
    Half the people on this board probably think he's a read option qb. I remember seeing someone compare him to RG3

Geno is nothing like Cam Newton lol. If he was the chiefs wouldn't pass him up.

Just because we need a QB doesn't mean we should trade a draft away for one. Luck and RGIII aren't in this draft. I'd take a chance on Barkley in the 2nd just for the sole fact that you can't judge him properly since Kiffin was his coach.

Quote Originally Posted by bufbills View Post
    Half the people on this board probably think he's a read option qb. I remember seeing someone compare him to RG3
    Didn't you know? Every black QB is as fast as Usain Bolt

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndcomin View Post
    if not him i like Landry Jones too good size and strong arm
    Oh please please no. Terrible decision maker and can't handle any kind of pass rush whatsoever.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Marcel Dareus
    2014 Adopt-a-Bill: Duke Williams

I will chuckle and say the Marrone apparently knows Geno Smith's capabilities well, considering that SU stomped WVU most of his college career.

Nothing matters until Senior Bowl/Scouting Combine.

Haha, trade Tarvaris Jackson? The same Tarvaris Jackson that has no trade value whatsoever and is a free agent anyway?
    2014 Mock Draft:

9. Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
    41. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    73. Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State
    109. Preston Brown, LB, Louisville
    149. Antone Exum, DB, VT

I was all for cam and rg3 but geno doesnt cut it at all. I kno an unfair comparison but I don't think his arm/style would fit here in buffalo weather

Ha ha as an SU fan and seeing what they did to him in the Pinstripe Bowl, No Effing way. I've only seen him in a couple of college games, and he lost to my SU who isn't even a top tier team in those games. No way to Smith, No friggin way. He was pathetic in that bowl game and I kept asking myself "people really see this guy as one of the top qb's in this draft class? Yuck"

No to Smith. If he's there then fine, but not to trade up for, cost way, way, way too much to do so. Lets cross our fingers Murray and or Boyd come out, if not with the K-Gun/Brees offense I think Barkley could be a good fit. Then again, if Marrone want's to tie his fate with Nassib, we know he really believes in him at this level, take him in the 2nd and say Rodgers brother in the 6th. I dunno

Geno....NO. Barkley.......NO! Waste of pick! Boyd wilson glennon way better pics! But none deserve first round! NONE!!! Id feel better going after a FA QB or trade for a backup! Flynn cousins smith tebow! Keep r first round for a stud ILB

Scuba Dan Guest

No to Geno, no to Barkley. Take Landry Jones in the 2nd or trade back into the 1st for him. Geno is a bust in the making.

I really hope Buffalo brings in a couple high level qb's this spring one high in the draft!! Wilson will be a Great value if we can get him in the 2nd, but QB'S go so much faster than they are worth!

I guess we could have Donahue make the 1st pick. People said nassib had a so so game in the cold and snow, geno, just flat out sucked.
    The Bills have stunk for years, personally, I'm willing to trade a few more losing seasons for a healthy Jim Kelly.