Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 293

Thread: An example of Marrone playcalling with Syracuse last year.

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    S.E. Idaho
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan42790 View Post
    I'm starting to wonder the same thing. The deep ball is used very sparringly in the real world, but to some on this board you would think thats all other teams do. Have you watched the playoffs so far?
    That's because on Madden, you throw deep, take control of the guy and jump up. Its pretty easy.
    "I put my thing down, flip it and reverse it."

    Missy Misdemeanor Elliot

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-K-E-L-A-T-O-R View Post
    All I see are screen passes, checkdowns, and short quick passes most of the time. There are no effective deep plays downfield.
    And all I hear is Borat.
    Bills Decide to go with Chan Gailey and keep all three QBs {Hooray for us.}

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bills_Related_Username View Post
    If you really want to see the kind of Coach Doug Marrone is watch their games against South Florida, Louisville, Mizzou and West Virginia this year. Games where they've fallen flat on their face and scraped it together to win the games. Great half time adjustments, good hard work and offensive play calling that clearly exploits the weaknesses of the teams they're playing. In the Pinstripe Bowl they could hardly pass because it was so slippery and snowy so instead of having the guy who leads the big east in passing what do they do? Hand it to their running backs, and once it becomes obvious WVU can't stop the run they keep doing it. They handed the ball off 65 times in that game, and not to guys who were world beaters either. But they continued to exploit weaknesses and they won the game that way.
    Yea, I saw those games too. They didn't win those games because of great half time adjustments. They won because of lucky bounces and mistakes made by the other team. I can't believe you guys think this guy Marrone is gonna make us dominant.
    J-O-H-N-N-Y-F-O-O-T-B-A-L-L

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    5,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-K-E-L-A-T-O-R View Post
    Here's all the offensive plays from Ryan Nassib and the Orangemen vs. Northwestern with Marrone calling the plays.

    All I see are screen passes, checkdowns, and short quick passes most of the time. There are no effective deep plays downfield.

    Chan Gailey could've been calling the plays in this game, and I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

    Watch the video and tell me with a straight face that Marrone isn't Chan Gailey 2.0.
    So you get proven wrong in a matter of 5 seconds and revert to talking about how the defense gave up 41 pts. Marrone doesn't handle defense nor has he ever tried to. He will hire a capable coach to do that.

    As for the play calling, Marrone didn't call plays for the Orange this year. Nassib's biggest weakness is really his touch on deep passes. So it would make sense that they're not throwing the ball 25+ yards downfield 10 times a game. Why don't you actually do a little research or watch more than 1 game before you form an opinion.

    Fact of the matter is, Marrone beat 4 top 25 teams in his time at Syracuse when before him, I couldn't even tell you the last time Syracuse beat ONE ranked team.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    32,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-K-E-L-A-T-O-R View Post
    Yea, I saw those games too. They didn't win those games because of great half time adjustments. They won because of lucky bounces and mistakes made by the other team. I can't believe you guys think this guy Marrone is gonna make us dominant.
    You literally have zero comprehension skills. Bills_Related_Username explained exactly how he made adjustments. Is it really lucky bounces WV can't stop the run that he runs it 65 times? Isn't that what coaches are supposed to do...exploit weaknesses?

    You're really digging. I can understand though...you constantly create bad threads and never have a decent rebuttal so you say things like this "won because of lucky bounces and mistakes from the other team".
    SIGNATURE
    Quote Originally Posted by muffman View Post
    Arent you the guy who said the Bills drafted EJ Manuel so they could "sell him in the americas, africa and the middle east?"
    LMAO....
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    No I said if he becomes a star he has more international AD ability than Tom Brady. I was talking about how the black athlete is marketed internationally.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    Brady isn't Manuel and as stated the media tends to take a man like Manuel because they can sell him in all of the America's and Africa and the Middle East and not just in the United States.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    32,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0c5er View Post
    So you get proven wrong in a matter of 5 seconds and revert to talking about how the defense gave up 41 pts. Marrone doesn't handle defense nor has he ever tried to. He will hire a capable coach to do that.

    As for the play calling, Marrone didn't call plays for the Orange this year. Nassib's biggest weakness is really his touch on deep passes. So it would make sense that they're not throwing the ball 25+ yards downfield 10 times a game. Why don't you actually do a little research or watch more than 1 game before you form an opinion.
    He's simply a poster that doesn't ever bring anything intellectual to the table. Look at my sig, look at this post, look at past posts etc...
    SIGNATURE
    Quote Originally Posted by muffman View Post
    Arent you the guy who said the Bills drafted EJ Manuel so they could "sell him in the americas, africa and the middle east?"
    LMAO....
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    No I said if he becomes a star he has more international AD ability than Tom Brady. I was talking about how the black athlete is marketed internationally.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    Brady isn't Manuel and as stated the media tends to take a man like Manuel because they can sell him in all of the America's and Africa and the Middle East and not just in the United States.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Smallbany
    Posts
    357

    Default

    So a team being unable to stop the run is a mistake or a lucky bounce?
    The Bills are like the Salvation Army of terrible quarterbacks.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    5,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatSheSaid View Post
    He's simply a poster that doesn't ever bring anything intellectual to the table. Look at my sig, look at this post, look at past posts etc...
    Yeah ... I see now haha.

    Clearly he's just not very bright.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0c5er View Post
    Yeah ... I see now haha.

    Clearly he's just not very bright.
    Yea ok. When the Bills next season are 6-10 again or worse, then you can eat your words.
    J-O-H-N-N-Y-F-O-O-T-B-A-L-L

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    5,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-K-E-L-A-T-O-R View Post
    Yea ok. When the Bills next season are 6-10 again or worse, then you can eat your words.
    Nothing I could say would ever be as incoherently stupid as you saying that it would be POINTLESS to bring in a QB the caliber of Drew Brees because it is ... WINDY (gasp) in Ralph Wilson Stadium.

    Keep trying though chief.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Le Rochester
    Posts
    17,494

    Default

    The op gets what he gets with these threads. He starts them with an absurd premise, and then when someone logically and factually refutes it, he totally ignores them. Why even start the thread at all?

    I think he just loves the punishment.



    Also, saying brees would have failed here because of the weather may be the stupidest comment on here today.
    "Golden teeth and golden tones, welcome to my presence"


  12. #112
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0c5er View Post
    Nothing I could say would ever be as incoherently stupid as you saying that it would be POINTLESS to bring in a QB the caliber of Drew Brees because it is ... WINDY (gasp) in Ralph Wilson Stadium.

    Keep trying though chief.
    It is pointless to have a vertical passing attack in Ralph Wilson Stadium where the ball would get thrown 50 times a game. That is what Drew Brees does. An offense in Buffalo is going to be best suited for pounding the run 50% of the plays. That's not what Drew Brees does.
    J-O-H-N-N-Y-F-O-O-T-B-A-L-L

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    32,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teef View Post
    The op gets what he gets with these threads. He starts them with an absurd premise, and then when someone logically and factually refutes it, he totally ignores them. Why even start the thread at all?

    I think he just loves the punishment.



    Also, saying brees would have failed here because of the weather may be the stupidest comment on here today.
    Just today? You won't give it more credit? I think it should win an ESPY.
    SIGNATURE
    Quote Originally Posted by muffman View Post
    Arent you the guy who said the Bills drafted EJ Manuel so they could "sell him in the americas, africa and the middle east?"
    LMAO....
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    No I said if he becomes a star he has more international AD ability than Tom Brady. I was talking about how the black athlete is marketed internationally.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    Brady isn't Manuel and as stated the media tends to take a man like Manuel because they can sell him in all of the America's and Africa and the Middle East and not just in the United States.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    5,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-K-E-L-A-T-O-R View Post
    It is pointless to have a vertical passing attack in Ralph Wilson Stadium where the ball would get thrown 50 times a game. That is what Drew Brees does. An offense in Buffalo is going to be best suited for pounding the run 50% of the plays. That's not what Drew Brees does.
    What you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thurman's Lost Helmet View Post
    So a team being unable to stop the run is a mistake or a lucky bounce?
    And last year other teams couldn't stop our run either. We just didn't do it enough. What's your point?

    This guy is Chan Gailey 2.0 it's scary. They bring identical traits to the table.
    J-O-H-N-N-Y-F-O-O-T-B-A-L-L

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    32,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-K-E-L-A-T-O-R View Post
    It is pointless to have a vertical passing attack in Ralph Wilson Stadium where the ball would get thrown 50 times a game. That is what Drew Brees does. An offense in Buffalo is going to be best suited for pounding the run 50% of the plays. That's not what Drew Brees does.
    Holy...holy crap. I wish I had more room in my sig.
    SIGNATURE
    Quote Originally Posted by muffman View Post
    Arent you the guy who said the Bills drafted EJ Manuel so they could "sell him in the americas, africa and the middle east?"
    LMAO....
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    No I said if he becomes a star he has more international AD ability than Tom Brady. I was talking about how the black athlete is marketed internationally.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    Brady isn't Manuel and as stated the media tends to take a man like Manuel because they can sell him in all of the America's and Africa and the Middle East and not just in the United States.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Drew Brees would ruin a Hall of Fame career if he chose to play in Buffalo which he would never ever EVER do. It's really not a hard concept to understand yet you guys seem to think that any of the current elite QB's would play here, when they clearly have chosen not to.
    J-O-H-N-N-Y-F-O-O-T-B-A-L-L

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    5,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-K-E-L-A-T-O-R View Post
    And last year other teams couldn't stop our run either. We just didn't do it enough. What's your point?

    This guy is Chan Gailey 2.0 it's scary. They bring identical traits to the table.
    Identical traits outside of the fact that Syracuse had 2 good RB's and actually gave them the ball to the tune of almost 30 carries per game. Where as Chan Gailey gave the ball to CJ Spiller about 9-10 times a game?

    You just look worse by the post.

    PS: MARRONE DIDN'T CALL THE PLAYS.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    32,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-K-E-L-A-T-O-R View Post
    And last year other teams couldn't stop our run either. We just didn't do it enough. What's your point?

    This guy is Chan Gailey 2.0 it's scary. They bring identical traits to the table.
    You can't see that's the point? Marrone kept running when they couldn't stop the run. Gailey abandoned the run even though they couldn't stop our run. How did you miss your own point????????

    This thread just keeps getting better and better.
    SIGNATURE
    Quote Originally Posted by muffman View Post
    Arent you the guy who said the Bills drafted EJ Manuel so they could "sell him in the americas, africa and the middle east?"
    LMAO....
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    No I said if he becomes a star he has more international AD ability than Tom Brady. I was talking about how the black athlete is marketed internationally.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    Brady isn't Manuel and as stated the media tends to take a man like Manuel because they can sell him in all of the America's and Africa and the Middle East and not just in the United States.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    S.E. Idaho
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-K-E-L-A-T-O-R View Post
    It is pointless to have a vertical passing attack in Ralph Wilson Stadium where the ball would get thrown 50 times a game. That is what Drew Brees does. An offense in Buffalo is going to be best suited for pounding the run 50% of the plays. That's not what Drew Brees does.
    Perfect! Well, then let's go back to your original post. So it is apparent you changed your mind. Some people would now type "/end thread". Not me. You got more gems in you.
    "I put my thing down, flip it and reverse it."

    Missy Misdemeanor Elliot

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •