Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitz

Default Fitz

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

You know I didn't really care who was the coach because the retreads have been losers one way or another and the college coaches are entering a different era with the pros....

but one thing that bothers me is that FITZ is still on this team...I know there is a date in March looming but I'm really thinking this organization is stupid enough to keep the guy because he is "NICE" and does not put blame on others for his incompetence.

The dude is horrible........just like the other qbs I gave him his set of yrs.......I stay content......but if we keep him, I don't care how good the coach is.....this guy will screw up every time it counts. I seen it way too many times.

I watched a Seattle game yesterday when they jumped ahead by 10 points and I was like they got this game.......and I tell you that was awesome.....I was like if this was the Bills with Fitz we would have lost it because if they are a second on the game......he and the bills would lose the game.

He is one piece I want out the door........I don't want the guy as a water boy.....or a fan in the seats........I wish the guy to never wear the bills colors again even at home.

Yeah, i am done with him... Even as a backup...

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk20 View Post
    Yeah, i am done with him... Even as a backup...
    I agree......the guy cant be a backup.......the new qb who I hope is a rookie or young one will come in and make plenty of mistakes and they'll put him in to pacify someone and he will never sit again.....the guy just does not have what it takes to be good......he is Frank Reich but with whining.

He needs to go......I'm ready to lose 16 games with a rookie than to win 8 with him (which he has yet to do).

Quote Originally Posted by crackur View Post
    I agree......the guy cant be a backup.......the new qb who I hope is a rookie or young one will come in and make plenty of mistakes and they'll put him in to pacify someone and he will never sit again.....the guy just does not have what it takes to be good......he is Frank Reich but with whining.

He needs to go......I'm ready to lose 16 games with a rookie than to win 8 with him (which he has yet to do).
    I couldn't stand our offense this year.... Absolutely no down field passing game... Beyond predictable...

I couldn't stand our offense this year.... Absolutely no down field passing game... Beyond predictable...
    I remember when he came in for Trent, I was hoping for a spark but all I got was a confident qb with the worst inaccuracy of a Bills QB I have ever seen.

I think I had about 6 receptions in a game I was at in Carolina when he took over.

I remember when he came in for Trent, I was hoping for a spark but all I got was a confident qb with the worst inaccuracy of a Bills QB I have ever seen.

I think I had about 6 receptions in a game I was at in Carolina when he took over.
    I just hope that they let him go and not try and say they are going to work with him again.... They have to go get their own guy..

RG3 is better than Fitz with one leg (He beat Philly and Dallas on gimp leg) than Fitz is with two.

Fitz will be a cancer on this team next season if he is retained.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyray View Post
    RG3 is better than Fitz with one leg (He beat Philly and Dallas on gimp leg) than Fitz is with two.

I agree with you one hundred percent. There is no way the guy will play to learn a rookie or to be a backup.

Get a rookie or young qb and throw them in.........thats all I ask......we have never done it the correct way.

I agree with you one hundred percent. There is no way the guy will play to learn a rookie or to be a backup.

Get a rookie or young qb and throw them in.........thats all I ask......we have never done it the correct way.
    Usually a new coach will want his own guy.. Lets hope that happens here... thats why i don't see Fitz returning...

Fitz will be (and always should have been) arguably the top 2-3 back up/spot starter in the league.
    Stevie "Styles" Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by yeer30 View Post
    Fitz will be (and always should have been) arguably the top 2-3 back up/spot starter in the league.
    hopefully on another team.

If the QB position isn't upgraded it doesn't matter who the coach is.

Usually a new coach will want his own guy.. Lets hope that happens here... thats why i don't see Fitz returning...

It is still really early on in this process, Marrone won't jettison Fitz just yet, he needs to have a clearly defined different direction before cutting him loose. To do so now, would be silly. I am sure though at some point this offseason, Marrone will pull the trigger, but he won't till he has his qb ...
    Do your dam^edest in an ostentatious manner all the time" -George S. Patton

Adopt a Bill 2013: Manny Lawson LB

It aint a party till someone slaps Brady around time after time and finally leaves Bellicheck with the " I just pumped the neighbors cat look on his face" for the rest of his tenure as head patsie...

I'm a bit torn on this one. Fitz won't have any advantage with a new offense so he's essentially back to square one. The guy may not be a "franchise" QB but he is more than capable as a backup. He's a great team guy and can be an asset to the team. That said, he'd have to take a massive salary cut.

Then again, I'm also thinking that it might be time for a clean break and distancing yourself from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Syracuse View Post
    I'm a bit torn on this one. Fitz won't have any advantage with a new offense so he's essentially back to square one. The guy may not be a "franchise" QB but he is more than capable as a backup. He's a great team guy and can be an asset to the team. That said, he'd have to take a massive salary cut.

Then again, I'm also thinking that it might be time for a clean break and distancing yourself from the past.
    If you heard him......he doesn't want to be a backup ....and would you want him to be your backup? He won't sit quiet now that he has suckered his way to a starting job.....he will eat on the qb1 until they turn on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Syracuse View Post

Fitz will land on his feet and play somewhere...message boarders may not see it, but an NFL coach will recognize that Fitz played on a team with a horrible defense and was able to put up solid numbers and 6 wins, just as people are giving Marrone the benefit of the doubt and excuses for not having a winning overall record at Syracuse. There has always been a bias against Fitz by many, just as there was with Flutie...we run good people out of town, and that is a big part of the reason this franchise is spinning it's wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by DCBillsfan View Post
    Fitz will land on his feet and play somewhere...message boarders may not see it, but an NFL coach will recognize that Fitz played on a team with a horrible defense and was able to put up solid numbers and 6 wins, just as people are giving Marrone the benefit of the doubt and excuses for not having a winning overall record at Syracuse. There has always been a bias against Fitz by many, just as there was with Flutie...we run good people out of town, and that is a big part of the reason this franchise is spinning it's wheels.
    Flutie gave us excitement and had talent.

Fitz is serviceable and not a true leader.....he needs to just sit down.

Unless monetarily beneficial to release him, count on your favorite qb on the roster.
    2014 Adopt A Bill - EJ Manuel

You may want to start picking your shade of lipstick because when EJ comes out and does well this year, you wont have enough time to pick one out before you have to kneel down and kiss his ***.

Flutie gave us excitement and had talent.

Fitz is serviceable and not a true leader.....he needs to just sit down.
    Flutie was shown the bench...then the door.

throwback

Quote Originally Posted by rickyray View Post

I agree,
    IMO He has that Trent/DJ era that just makes many cringe, fans want a complete new era when it comes to its leaders. New HC and new QB is what the fans need. Release him and give the fans what they needed when DJ was released and that was QB depth that takes us in a new direction, a winning direction. Draft two QBs