Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two former assistants available because their bosses got fired

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

wow, the bots are getting smarter by quote thing's. They really honesty need to do something about this!

LOVE Bobby April! Bring him back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sjhbillsfan View Post
    I don't know but most teams will grant permission for an assistant if they are looking for a head coach.
    Well, ummm, we need a DB coach too!
    A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard, or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

DULCE ET DECORUM EST PATRIA MORI

Before there were "Veterans", there were.... Pennsylvanians.

Quote Originally Posted by 1HotBillsChick View Post
    Well, ummm, we need a DB coach too!
    Byrd Sr was safety coach, we could hire George as the CB coach and Byrd as Safety.

I would love to see..

Joe D- OL Coach
    Pete - TE
    April - Special Teams
    Strength - Jones
    George C -CBs
    Byrd Sr- Safety

That would be a great start.
    In Dougs We Trust!!!!

Good Luck Stevie!!! You will be missed!!

Bobby April was the asst HC when Dick got fired yet he got passed over for the interm HC to Perry....I can't imagine him ever commin back after that
    There are 3 steps to "Building Through the Draft"
    1. Draft
    2. Develop
    3. Retain

This will finally be our year!

Quote Originally Posted by BillsMafia#1 View Post
    Bobby April was the asst HC when Dick got fired yet he got passed over for the interm HC to Perry....I can't imagine him ever commin back after that
    I think that was a Rooney Rule thing. Like when The dude in Denver got fired and they promoted Stubesville. when the hc gets fired and you promote a black guy you can interview who ever you want once the season is over.
    In Dougs We Trust!!!!

I think that was a Rooney Rule thing. Like when The dude in Denver got fired and they promoted Stubesville. when the hc gets fired and you promote a black guy you can interview who ever you want once the season is over.
    I never knew that.....I just remember April didn't seem to have as much fire on the sidelines when Perry got the gig
    There are 3 steps to "Building Through the Draft"
    1. Draft
    2. Develop
    3. Retain

This will finally be our year!

Quote Originally Posted by BillsMafia#1 View Post
    I never knew that.....I just remember April didn't seem to have as much fire on the sidelines when Perry got the gig
    Well you have to give the interim coach an interview, but if the interim is a minority, you meet the Rooney Rule. So all things being equal, if the team has a chance to promote the white assistant or a black assistant to play out the string many take the black guy because once exit interviews are done, the Rooney rule is met.

This is my opinion obviously, maybe Denver really liked the Running back coach with zero HC experience and maybe it was the Rooney rule.
    In Dougs We Trust!!!!

PLEASE!!!! bring Rusty back!!!

Since the beginning of the Jauron era, and no more Jones, we have endured more injuries than any other team in the league. Ans I watched... While Da Bears had some serious ones, the number of them was but a fraction of ours....

Love the talk of April, and Byrd, etc on here, heck, always liked Gil since he came out of college and he'll one day be a HC himself I think, but right here, right now, we need Rusty over all the others...
    I recently attended my first BBMB anonymous meeting but when I stood up to introduce myself as a Buffalo Bills addict, other members threw beer at me!!!!
    Can't wait till the next one!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Howard W. Campbell Jr. View Post
    I doubt Bobby would want to come back and if Marrone decides to keep Bruce Dehaven then the Bills are ok. Rusty Jones I'm not sure about either way.
    Both of them are probably reluctant to return to Buffalo - unless the bucks make it impossible to say NO.

It's been awhile since Rusty was here do some younger fans might not remember him, but people flipped out when he left. He was made assistant HC just to keep him here, and like April, when he wasn't given a shot at HC he left. But people Loved Rusty!!!! Both would be huge upgrades!
    Well, the guy did turn a 305lb (maybe 310) Bruce Smith coming off a 4 game coke suspension into a devourer of left tackles...and Drew Bledsoe. (QB he sacked the most in his career.)

I mean did Bennett, Conlan, Talley, or any of the o-linemen ever look whipped when thos hosses had to get line of scrimmage and block someone every 25 seconds or those LBs had to play 37-40 minutes a game because Jimbo and the offense's 65 yards scoring drive took 3 minutes, 10 seconds?

Hard to argue with those results.

Also the Bears had a really old o-line with guys like Brown and Rivera a few years back...they seemed to hold up.
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.

Quote Originally Posted by jcmccall View Post
    Well, the guy did turn a 305lb (maybe 310) Bruce Smith coming off a 4 game coke suspension into a devourer of left tackles...and Drew Bledsoe. (QB he sacked the most in his career.)

I mean did Bennett, Conlan, Talley, or any of the o-linemen ever look whipped when thos hosses had to get line of scrimmage and block someone every 25 seconds or those LBs had to play 37-40 minutes a game because Jimbo and the offense's 65 yards scoring drive took 3 minutes, 10 seconds?
    Hard to argue with those
    Rusty and Bobby are top shelf at what they do. Two of the most respected in the game.
    In Dougs We Trust!!!!

Bobby April needs to get a shot at HC. I dont think he'd come back here after Fewell was named interim over him, despite being the assistant HC.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1237006_417793431666201_616460147_n.jpg
    14 years. Our Playoff drought has entered puberty.

Jim Kelly and Bruce Smith both thanked Rusty Jones in their HOF speeches, and Lovie Jones mentoned him as one of the best things that happened in Chicago.

When he was here, we didn't have the injury problems we've had in the past few years.

bring back rusty who cares about bobby....
    nfl mock draft
    1st round: Johnny football Manziel my wish/ Anthony barr-de
    2nd; Austin safari-Jenkins-te
    3rd: Dakota dozier-guard
    4th: arron murray-qb if no manziel
    5th billy turner- ot

Favorite NBA Team: Houston Rockets since 1988
    Favorite MLB Team: Boston Redsox since 1987
    Buffalo Bills Fan Since 1990

Rusty Jones? Ugh I'd rather have Rusty Trombone... stay away from that dude

April was probably one of the best coaches here during this mess.
    B-U-F-F-A-L-O
    Put it all together and you got a Buffalo

"but we could of drafted..." IT DOESNT MATTER WHO WE COULD OF DRAFTED. Hindsight is for jabronis.

No that's the guy before him. The guy who got Jim, Thurman and Andre ready to run the k gun. When Rusty left we started getting a lot of guys hurt.
    That was that Allaire guy that Jauron brought in. The guy was obese........why would you hire an obese strength coach?!?!

It would be great to get Bobby April back. The Bills should have never let him go.

Rusty and Bobby are top shelf at what they do. Two of the most respected in the game.
    Now our DL has to play in waves and Dareus has to come off the field after 4 plays. ...and we had 2 strengths and conditioning coaches...one to focus on the hosses and one to focus on the skill players. Oy Vey.
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.