Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How the Bills landed Doug Marrone

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    Some fans would complain if we resurrected Vince Lombardi to coach the Bills.

Lombardi is too old and has been out of football for over 40 years. put me in this club

Quote Originally Posted by teef View Post
    Honestly...how badly does skelator need the attention? This is just absurd. He pulled the same nonsense with Fitz, which he was so completely wrong on it was amazing. You think after making yourself look like that, you may back off a bit. Not with our buddy. He just keeps marching forward, making himself look like a jackass.

Personally, i think he might be the best thread creator on the board.
    I thought he just wanted to pull our legs at first.

But this guy is serious as one can be.

I personally can't stand to read his posts, the only reason I haven't ignored him yet is because I like seeing TWSS put him in his place.

I thought the guy was banned too? Man it was better like that.
    I just don't give a stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I thought he just wanted to pull our legs at first.

But this guy is serious as one can be.

I personally can't stand to read his posts, the only reason I haven't ignored him yet is because I like seeing TWSS put him in his place.

I thought the guy was banned too? Man it was better like that.
    You won't see it anymore. I have him on ignore. It's not fun anymore.
    SIGNATURE
    Quote Originally Posted by muffman View Post
    Arent you the guy who said the Bills drafted EJ Manuel so they could "sell him in the americas, africa and the middle east?"
    LMAO....
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    No I said if he becomes a star he has more international AD ability than Tom Brady. I was talking about how the black athlete is marketed internationally.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    Brady isn't Manuel and as stated the media tends to take a man like Manuel because they can sell him in all of the America's and Africa and the Middle East and not just in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatSheSaid View Post
    You won't see it anymore. I have him on ignore. It's not fun anymore.
    Awww man. I'll have to follow now.

Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    Some fans would complain if we resurrected Vince Lombardi to coach the Bills.

This was a great article. I was wondering how it all unfolded, and this explains how they went through the process. I just have to smh at people who invent reasons to dislike whatever the Bills do. People kvetch when the process takes too long. They kvetch when the candidate is not the "name" candidate. It's just what people do.

I'm grateful to see a definite change in how fast things are getting done at OBD. And yes, when there are SIX HC vacancies (or was it five?), you don't have the luxury of sitting on your hands too long.
    What makes you think that Vince Lombardi would be any good in today's NFL? Just because he had success years ago doesn't mean he could adapt to today's game. So they named the trophy after him. Big deal. What have you done for me lately? (Yes, this is tongue-in-cheek)
    2012 Adopt-a-Bill: Da'Norris Searcy

I am in the process of reading this thread and haven't finished yet. It is SHOCKING to me in what SKELATOR is saying. He is making my “VINCE YOUNG” case (to a degree) all over again, when in THIS INSTANCE he is touting how important a PROVEN winning history is when filling the coaching position and using that position to QUESTION the hiring based on Chris Brown's ability to write the EXPLANATION in a news report that is HEAVILY laden toward implying the hire was a PERSONALITY BASED one that SKELATOR is pointing out that is WRONG with this picture in hiring a new Bills coach. SKELATOR was Ryan Fitzpatrick's most ardent and most “fiercest” protector, as SKELATOR was saying that Vince Young winning a National Championship, turning around a losing franchise, the Tennessee Titans, in his FIRST SEASON after the Titans started 0-4 with Kerry Collings and said Vince Young's CAREER WINNING RECORD meant absolutely nothing and that is why Vince Young should have been competing with Tyler Thigpen for the BACKUP JOB in Buffalo, rather than competing with Ryan Fitzpatrick for the starting position. If I was a POLICE DETECTIVE looking for evidence searching out who SKELATOR was that wrote what he said disparaging Vince Young during Preseason and SKELATOR made his OVERLY SUPPORTIVE statements in support for Ryan Fitzpatrick starting for the Bills without Vince Young EVEN GETTING A TRY FOR THE JOB last year; I would first check to see if SKELATOR tracks didn't lead back to Ryan Fitzpatrick writing the posts, or Ryan Fitzpatrick's wife or his parents writing as SKELATOR. It was apparent to me that SKELATOR is related to Ryan Fitzpatrick IN SOME FASHION! Vince Young wouldn't know me from Adam's (of the Adam and Eve fame in the Bible) house cat. I was basing my stance SOLELY on Vince Young's winning record and felt Vince Young could help the Bills end their misery of losing football games for so long. But, SKELATOR shot down any attempts by me to say that a WINNING HISTORY in the NFL was relevant, WHEN you are the Bills and SAY you want to win football games.

And NOW, I am reading “THIS” from SKELATOR talking about the coaching hire, in terms, of talking about the coach NOT having enough winning behind him to have been CHOSEN to be coach. It is UNBELIEVABLE.

Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaWCH View Post
    I am in the process of reading this thread and haven't finished yet. It is SHOCKING to me in what SKELATOR is saying. He is making my “VINCE YOUNG” case (to a degree) all over again, when in THIS INSTANCE he is touting how important a PROVEN winning history is when filling the coaching position and using that position to QUESTION the hiring based on Chris Brown's ability to write the EXPLANATION in a news report that is HEAVILY laden toward implying the hire was a PERSONALITY BASED one that SKELATOR is pointing out that is WRONG with this picture in hiring a new Bills coach. SKELATOR was Ryan Fitzpatrick's most ardent and most “fiercest” protector, as SKELATOR was saying that Vince Young winning a National Championship, turning around a losing franchise, the Tennessee Titans, in his FIRST SEASON after the Titans started 0-4 with Kerry Collings and said Vince Young's CAREER WINNING RECORD meant absolutely nothing and that is why Vince Young should have been competing with Tyler Thigpen for the BACKUP JOB in Buffalo, rather than competing with Ryan Fitzpatrick for the starting position. If I was a POLICE DETECTIVE looking for evidence searching out who SKELATOR was that wrote what he said disparaging Vince Young during Preseason and SKELATOR made his OVERLY SUPPORTIVE statements in support for Ryan Fitzpatrick starting for the Bills without Vince Young EVEN GETTING A TRY FOR THE JOB last year; I would first check to see if SKELATOR tracks didn't lead back to Ryan Fitzpatrick writing the posts, or Ryan Fitzpatrick's wife or his parents writing as SKELATOR. It was apparent to me that SKELATOR is related to Ryan Fitzpatrick IN SOME FASHION! Vince Young wouldn't know me from Adam's (of the Adam and Eve fame in the Bible) house cat. I was basing my stance SOLELY on Vince Young's winning record and felt Vince Young could help the Bills end their misery of losing football games for so long. But, SKELATOR shot down any attempts by me to say that a WINNING HISTORY in the NFL was relevant, WHEN you are the Bills and SAY you want to win football games.

And NOW, I am reading “THIS” from SKELATOR talking about the coaching hire, in terms, of talking about the coach NOT having enough winning behind him to have been CHOSEN to be coach. It is UNBELIEVABLE.
    I may not go to church, but I pay for my sins by being a Buffalo Bills fan.

Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaWCH View Post

Hmm you make a good point there, and it seems you caught me in a pretty bad contradiction.

I would try to justify my stance by arguing that a head coach has more influence over a winning record than a QB. A bad QB can win on a good team, but a bad HC won't get wins on a good team. Perhaps I'm wrong in all of this.
    J-O-H-N-N-Y-F-O-O-T-B-A-L-L