Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Vick the next Bills QB. Great fit?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by DIESEL-USMC View Post
    He had a fresh start in Philadelphia, after the fresh start, his game turned rotten. Expiration date passed, take it off the shelf. He may land somewhere, good luck to him. Not Buffalo, ever.
    I think a one year conditional contract. Fitz stays, but backing Vick up.

Quote Originally Posted by BillsKill View Post
    People who are talking about Matt Moore over Vick, must be crazy. The first time I saw this I thought it was someone joking, but clearly, people really believe it.
    I know, right!

Quote Originally Posted by ironcripps View Post
    I think a one year conditional contract. Fitz stays, but backing Vick up.
    So you want Fitz as our starter next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Mylastoffseason1 View Post
    So you want Fitz as our starter next year?
    No, Fitz backing up Vick!

If he keeps up his good behavior....he'll beat his current streak of almost 3 years of a clean record!! And although it was a streak held clean while he was in prison, its a streak none the less.

In early 2004, two men were arrested in Virginia for distributing marijuana. The truck they were driving was registered to Vick. Falcons coach Dan Reeves said he lectured Vick at that time on the importance of reputation, on choosing the right friends, and on staying out of trouble for the good of his team.

On October 10, 2004, Vick and other members of his entourage, including employee Quanis Phillips, were at Atlanta's Hartsfield International Airport on their way to board an AirTran flight. While they were passing through a security checkpoint, a security camera caught Phillips and Todd Harris picking up an expensive-appearing watch which belonged to Alvin Spencer, a security screener. After watching the theft on a videotape, Spencer filed a police report. He claimed that Billy "White Shoes" Johnson, known as the Falcons' "fixer", interfered with the investigation. Although Vick's representatives declined to make him available for an Atlanta police inquiry, Spencer got the watch back six days later.

In March 2005, Sonya Elliott filed a civil lawsuit against Vick alleging she contracted genital herpes from him in the autumn of 2002 and that he failed to inform her that he had the disease. Elliot further alleged that Vick had visited clinics under the alias "Ron Mexico" to get treatments and thus knew of his condition. On April 24, 2006, Vick's attorney, Lawrence Woodward, revealed that the lawsuit had been settled out of court under undisclosed terms. Many fans bought custom jerseys from NFL.com with Vick's number 7 and the name "MEXICO" on the back. The NFL later banned customizing jerseys with the name Mexico.

After a loss to the New Orleans Saints on November 26, 2006 in the Georgia Dome, Vick made an obscene gesture at fans in an apparent reaction to booing, holding up two middle fingers. He was fined $10,000 by the NFL and agreed to donate another $10,000 to charity.

Vick surrendered a water bottle that had a hidden compartment to security personnel at Miami International Airport on January 17, 2007. "The compartment was hidden by the bottle's label so that it appeared to be a full bottle of water when held upright," police said. Test results indicated there were no illegal substances in the water bottle and Vick was cleared of any wrongdoing. Vick announced that the water bottle was a jewelry stash box, and that the substance in question had been jewelry.
    On April 24, 2007, Vick was scheduled to lobby on Capitol Hill, hoping to persuade lawmakers to increase funding for after-school programs. Vick missed a connecting flight in Atlanta on Monday to Reagan National Airport in Arlington, Virginia. He failed to show up for another seat booked for him later that evening. On Tuesday morning, he did not attend his scheduled appearance at a congressional breakfast where he was to be honored for his foundation's work with after-school projects in Georgia and Virginia. Vick's mother Brenda accepted the award from the Afterschool Alliance.

In 2007, Vicks father, Michael Boddie, made statements about possible dogfighting activities in 2001. Boddie told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that around 2001, Vick was staging dogfights in the garage of the family's home in Newport News and kept fighting dogs in the family's backyard, including injured ones that the father nursed back to health. Boddie said his son had been urged to not engage in the activity, but continued. "This is Mike's thing," he said. "And he knows it." Within days, Vick's mother, Brenda Vick Boddie, told the Newport News Daily Press that "There was no dogfighting. There were no cages."

While free on bail, Vick tested positive for marijuana in a random drug test. This was a violation of the conditions of his release while awaiting sentencing in federal court. Vick's positive urine sample was submitted on September 13, 2007

On January 23, 2010, steroid trafficker David Jacobs told The Dallas Morning News that he supplied steroids to Vick while Vick played for the Falcons. When questioned by federal agents and prosecutors, Vick denied the allegations.

This is exactly what I want in Buffalo.... an injury prone, inconsistent quarterback with a record that shows nothing but an inability to follow rules and not respect for authority to replace an inconsistent quarterback with a sub par professional football record.

NEXT.
    Keep in mind that these actions were all done before he went to prison. He hasn't had any incidents ever since he got out of prison. I personally don't like Vick but the dude is a baller when hes got time to throw. However, I would still rather like any of the QBs coming out of the draft this year.

"Coach, if you draft me ill make you look like a genius. But if you don't, ill make you pay" - Marcell Dareus

Want a signature like this but better? visit

Slinkcsubacca's Signature Shop - LINK HERE
    Adopt a bill 2011 & 2012: David Nelson
    Signature shop is now open again

NFL Mock Draft:
    1. Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
    2. Kelechi Osemele, OL Iowa State
    3. Nick Toon, WR Wisconsin
    4. DeQuan Menzie CB Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Slinkcsubacca View Post
    Keep in mind that these actions were all done before he went to prison. He hasn't had any incidents ever since he got out of prison. I personally don't like Vick but the dude is a baller when hes got time to throw. However, I would still rather like any of the QBs coming out of the draft this year.
    Absolutely. I'm not saying he is getting into trouble now. I listed inconsistent and injury prone as well. I understand everyone makes mistake, but the record isn't promising. Lets hope he can stay out of trouble.....he couldn't even do that while on probation. He got a second chance, didn't legally destroy it only fell to poor play which may or may not be his fault in any given circumstance and can't stay healthy long enough to make an impact. But, I know what you are saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jazz View Post
    What is your problem, do you get off on cutting a guy down a notch, is this what gets you through your days ? really, whats up with you ?
    Love those in your life, one day, they will be gone.
    "Be polite, be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet" - General James Mattis USMC

No, Fitz backing up Vick!
    Yea but Vick will get hurt in preseason again, or regular season again making Fitz the starter. It is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylastoffseason1 View Post
    Yea but Vick will get hurt in preseason again, or regular season again making Fitz the starter. It is going to happen.
    I'd be willing to try it.

throwback

Absolutely. I'm not saying he is getting into trouble now. I listed inconsistent and injury prone as well. I understand everyone makes mistake, but the record isn't promising. Lets hope he can stay out of trouble.....he couldn't even do that while on probation. He got a second chance, didn't legally destroy it only fell to poor play which may or may not be his fault in any given circumstance and can't stay healthy long enough to make an impact. But, I know what you are saying.
    Sure we all make mistakes but this was a decision... and, I'll bet, that if he hadn't been caught fighting dogs he'd still be doing it now. He is a piece of crap as far as I'm concerned... no way I could support this team after all of these years with **** as qb.
    The Bogus Man
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zmgQA1L_as

http://www.buffalobillsbackersofbrandon.com/index.html

RIP Ray M 1956~2012

• “Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum floats to the top.”
      ― Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Freakhead View Post
    Please not Vick. Anyone but him.
    Like who then? I'll be shocked if we draft yet again another QB and it doesn't pan out.
    The best man to ever lead this franchise, especially when adversity was not common in the league at the time. Ralph, firing this guy was the biggest mistake of your life and you will go down in history with too many fans knowing that! Kudos Mr. Bill Polian, at least you won your championship; I'm happy for you!

[QUOTE=Skully;6608341]NO, I never killed dogs.

I didn't know there was a list ranking sins? Is dog abuse in the top 20? Lying on a school test #74? Parking in hanicap parking #348? Be careful when thinking you are morally superior to any man. Vick or John doe down the street, both deserve forgiveness if they ask for it and sincerely mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by thebillster12 View Post
    Like who then? I'll be shocked if we draft yet again another QB and it doesn't pan out.
    Agreed!!

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    philip rivers is the wild card !
    I wish, but he's not available. Vick is the best option

I wish, but he's not available. Vick is the best option
    Vick sucks. Go back a couple pages and you will see that in year 4 for both teams he was figured out. Tampa figured him out in 2004 or whatever and the league has caught back up again. Vick is not good and he was never really that good. More turnovers than TDs. Huge sack numbers. A streaky passer.

No to Vick.
    When the Bills hired Jauron and Gailey, the team's misfortunes were 100% predictable. At least Marrone has a chance to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackington View Post
    Vick sucks. Go back a couple pages and you will see that in year 4 for both teams he was figured out. Tampa figured him out in 2004 or whatever and the league has caught back up again. Vick is not good and he was never really that good. More turnovers than TDs. Huge sack numbers. A streaky passer.

No to Vick.
    And Vicks still worlds above Fitz! Sign him!

And Vicks still worlds above Fitz! Sign him!
    Somebody please explain to me why it has to be Vick or Fitz?????????
    there is absolutely no reason to believe that the new regime @ OBD has any intention of retaining Fitz.

This is nothing but fear mongering that we HAVE TO get Vick to keep Fitz on the sideline.

Vick is a shell of his former self and doesn't offer more than Fitz for the future success of the BIlls IMO.
    This entire thread reeks of FF/Madden player worship.
    I say you just thank Vick for the memories and wave him off to the great unknown.

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Vick in. Him and Spiller in the same backfield would be a fun show to watch. Philly's o-line was so terrible that it made Vick look worse than he ever has. Behind a solid o-line and in a run first offense I think Vick could work out well for us. Remember when him and Warrick Dunn tore the NFL up and lead the NFL in rushing? Well, add him the 6th ranked rushing offense we had last year(without running as much as we should) and he could easily put us at the top while at the same time being able to throw the ball deep down the field to keep the safeties honest; something that Fitz could not do.

With my spouse being a huge animal and dog lover, she detests Michael Vick. As much as I already have to deal with her comments about the lowly Bills, having Vick joining the team will make the situation even worse.

Even if this "dog thing" never happened, I saw the most amazing QB performance against the Giants I believe 2 seasons ago, and then I saw Vick in games this season trying hard but looking extremely pedestrian. With the Eagles giving up on him, why does anyone think it will be any different in Buffalo?

I say get the best veteran QB available (not Fitz - Fitz is obviously not the answer and should be cut), perhaps T-Jax might be it, and then draft the best QB in the draft they can get to compete with the veteran in camp. My guess, is the Bills will suk again this coming season and should be in prime position for a high-ranked QB in next year's draft. The Bills need to keep drafting them until they hit on one since they missed a great opportunity to get one even after the first rounds from the past 2 years of great draft-class QBs.
    “Win or lose, they’re going to know we fought. We may not win every fight, but they’re going to know they were in a fight, and that’s the kind of team we’re going to put on the field.” -- Doug Whaley, Buffalo Bills GM

Quote Originally Posted by Big D for Big B View Post
    With my spouse being a huge animal and dog lover, she detests Michael Vick. As much as I already have to deal with her comments about the lowly Bills, having Vick joining the team will make the situation even worse.

Even if this "dog thing" never happened, I saw the most amazing QB performance against the Giants I believe 2 seasons ago, and then I saw Vick in games this season trying hard but looking extremely pedestrian. With the Eagles giving up on him, why does anyone think it will be any different in Buffalo?

I say get the best veteran QB available (not Fitz - Fitz is obviously not the answer and should be cut), perhaps T-Jax might be it, and then draft the best QB in the draft they can get to compete with the veteran in camp. My guess, is the Bills will suk again this coming season and should be in prime position for a high-ranked QB in next year's draft. The Bills need to keep drafting them until they hit on one since they missed a great opportunity to get one even after the first rounds from the past 2 years of great draft-class QBs.
    Matt moore/ Jason campbell, T-Jax, Rookie.
    As much as we want the next plug & play rookie QB, reality is he is going to need time to develop ( Rogers-Farvre, Kaepernick- Smith) IMO Moore or Campbell give the Bills the best chance to win while we wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Billsfourlife View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Vick in. Him and Spiller in the same backfield would be a fun show to watch. Philly's o-line was so terrible that it made Vick look worse than he ever has. Behind a solid o-line and in a run first offense I think Vick could work out well for us. Remember when him and Warrick Dunn tore the NFL up and lead the NFL in rushing? Well, add him the 6th ranked rushing offense we had last year(without running as much as we should) and he could easily put us at the top while at the same time being able to throw the ball deep down the field to keep the safeties honest; something that Fitz could not do.
    Agreed, sign him!