Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If we are going to reinstall the K-Gun...

Default If we are going to reinstall the K-Gun...

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Wouldn't it be wise to keep Pete Metzelars as the TE coach. He was part of the teams when they installed the K-Gun and would be a good consultant to have on the sidelines during the games. I also like what he did with Scott Chandler and even Lee Smith has potential as a good backup TE. Thoughts???

great point.

We need to bring Kelly Holcomb back. He did some good things when he was here. Can hold it down until the rookie is ready

Marrone should definitely put Metzelaars on his staff. It makes sense to do so.

"To quote The Clash, should I stay or should I rock the casbah?"

the Kgun offense was basically a 2 min drill the entire game. but he will use parts of it just like most teams incorporate some west coast offense plays in their system but don't only use the west coast system
    "Fight on, my men, Sir Andrew said -- A little I'm hurt but not yet slain. I'll just lie down and bleed awhile -- And I'll rise and fight again." marv levy

Quote Originally Posted by cksteele79 View Post
    the Kgun offense was basically a 2 min drill the entire game. but he will use parts of it just like most teams incorporate some west coast offense plays in their system but don't only use the west coast system
    I agree but If we are going to have parts of it he would still be nice to have around. He is also a good Coach and would be nice to have around.

Quote Originally Posted by CjSpiller28 View Post
    I agree but If we are going to have parts of it he would still be nice to have around. He is also a good Coach and would be nice to have around.
    why? the Kgun is a normal offense just run fast the whole game. that's all it was basically.. why does he need to be here just for that reason ? they should keep him if he is a good TE coach not how to run the no huddle offense
    "Fight on, my men, Sir Andrew said -- A little I'm hurt but not yet slain. I'll just lie down and bleed awhile -- And I'll rise and fight again." marv levy

Quote Originally Posted by CjSpiller28 View Post
    Wouldn't it be wise to keep Pete Metzelars as the TE coach. He was part of the teams when they installed the K-Gun and would be a good consultant to have on the sidelines during the games. I also like what he did with Scott Chandler and even Lee Smith has potential as a good backup TE. Thoughts???
    I would like to Metzelars come back, I also think our O-line and DB coach should be brought back.

2014 Mock:

rd 1: Mack, Matthews, Ebron (if gone trade down for Ealy)
    Surprise selection Rd. 1: DT Donald
    rd 2: DE Crichton, TE Niklas, WR Matthews, TE Amaro
    rd 3: LB Skov, G Richardson, WR Abbrederis
    rd 4: OT Turner, DE Martin/Hart, RB Williams, LB Brown
    rd 5: CB Colvin, G Dozier, WR Latimer
    rd 7: S Ladler, WR Norwood, LB Morris
    UDFA: RB Reaves, OT Lucas, TE Leonard, WR Grant, CB Drane, G Lowery, LB Divitto

Pete has too much of a connection to Gailey now. He might be tainted goods.

and fitzpatrick is gonna run this kgun offense?!?! hahahahahaha oh man thas gonna be sum funny ****..

Quote Originally Posted by bonethugz83 View Post
    and fitzpatrick is gonna run this kgun offense?!?! hahahahahaha oh man thas gonna be sum funny ****..
    Who said Fitz would be the starter? If we run the Kgun then how are we going to keep CJ from getting winded?

This reminds me of when Dick tried to install the no huddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7975 View Post
    Who said Fitz would be the starter? If we run the Kgun then how are we going to keep CJ from getting winded?
    considering this is starting to seem more and more like another yes man operation, fitzpatrick could be the starting QB for this team next year. i hope to god hes not but it is a real possibility he will. we now have the orangemenz coachz and i dont care what anyone says sumone who goes 25-25 in the big east as a coach is NOT qualified to win a super bowl in the NFL.. and this guy is not gonna prove me wrong. and his OC will NOT be successful with teh no huddle with fitzpatrick as QB.

Honestly.
    Why not run an uptempo offense with Fitz with the zone read if they deside to keep him (which they should not as this would signal tha failure is accepted on this team)?
    Even Terrell Owens said he "can run for a white guy".

Let's not forget Bruce DeHaven or Bobby April.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Stephon Gilmore

I would strongly considering keeping Pete and always bringing in Frank Reich in as QB or WR's coach....he was most recently the WR coach in AZ and previously with the Colts since 08.
    Stevie "Styles" Johnson

I'm sorry but enough with the trying to re-live the glory days. Get a new system that stands on it's own. Besides, the only two QBs that ever really ran that type of O well were Kelly and Manning (Marchibroda was his O.C. early on) and I don't think we'll be getting another once-in-a-lifetime talent like those two at QB again anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by cksteele79 View Post

Also had the skills of Kelly, Thurman, and Andre.

There isn't anything approaching these 3 in the current lineup.

Pete is about the only guy from that staff that I would bring back

Quote Originally Posted by row_33 View Post
    Also had the skills of Kelly, Thurman, and Andre.

There isn't anything approaching these 3 in the current lineup.
    I would say SJ is capable of Reed like production with a QB and CJ is capable of thurman numbers when used properly..if not even better. Your right about QB though