Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Nassib is Good, but No Way in Hell is He the 8th Pick!

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post
    Ryan Tannehill's senior stats: 61.6% completions, YPA 7.1, 29 TDs and 15 INTs. Played for Texas A&M, which had seven wins that year, against SMU, Idaho, Texas Tech, Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas and Northwestern.

Drafted #8.

Jake Locker's senior stats: 55.4% completions, 6.8 YPA, 17 TDs and 9 INTs. Played for Washington. They went 6-6 for the year and beat Nebraska in a bowl game, during which Locker went 5/16 with a QB rating of 60.7.

Drafted #8.

You want to kid yourself, that's your right. But it's absolutely possible he could go that high.

QBs can skyrocket with good workouts and combines and chalk talks in the current environment.
    Both those guys played much tougher comp - and both are very good athletes. Tannehill was a WR before being converted to QB - Locker was one of the fastest guys at the combine. Mobility is very important at this level - if Nassib were 6-5 that would be different but I see a short Nick Foles.
    Coming soon - my wish list for 2014

Gaffney is my sleeper pick

Quote Originally Posted by bagman39 View Post
    Tannehill was a special case though as he had just begun to play the position a year and a half before getting drafted. Nassib has been the starter for 3 years with plenty of tape on him. I wouldn't expect a meteoric rise like you saw with Tannehill, at best he's the 4th QB off the board somewhere around 25. At worst he's 6th or 7th off the board somewhere in the 2nd-3rd range.
    Why?! Why the meteoric rise for Tannehill? He was never even deemed an elite QB prospect by anyone by the time the draft came around. Everyone just had him in their mocks because of the number of QB needy teams and his coach being in Miami.

I seriously can't believe people on these boards have such ridiculously short memories. Last year, Tannehill was being talked about exactly the same way we're talking about Nassib in this thread and a few other threads. Yet, most people think the Dolphins made a good choice in Tannehill.

Guess what, I truly believe Nassib is going to be a better QB than Tannehill. Does that mean I believe he's the 8th best player in the draft? Absolutely not. But QBs rocket up and are overdrafted, and it's not always as much of a "reach" as scouts scream on draft day.

Most people aren't saying Tannehill was a reach. Ponder just "led" his team to the playoffs (I won't get into this argument about who really got the Vikings there, but apparently we just acknowledge that the QB gets credit since he is, afterall, the QB). Locker is probably the "reach," and he would have been the #1 draft pick likely if he came out the year before.

People on here are foolish. Nassib's weakness by the OP are true, but you can teach throwing the long ball with touch, you can't teach foot speed (though he actually scrambles well), and you can teach people not to force balls into tight coverage. What you can't teach are smarts and arm strength. He has those 2. I'd love it if we got him in the 2nd, but who knows what happens between now and the draft. I'd be fine drafting him in the first if it came down to it.

I've decided to read everyone's posts as if they were "down in the hood" type brothers. It's become pretty funny actually! Read them as if "Cris Rock" if that's more politically correct or whatever, but it definitely gives new flavor to the same old posts...

__
    ____
    http://boards.buffalobills.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=231919&dateline=13373  50032

Quote Originally Posted by bigbubba View Post
    So you new nothing about him until a few days ago.......but you want him......this board is insane....

Work on your paraphrasing skills:

He said, "I still like Tyler Wilson the best but won't be PO'd if they drafted Nassib."

You said, "... you want him."

He didn't say that.

Quote Originally Posted by bagman39 View Post
    Tannehill was a special case though as he had just begun to play the position a year and a half before getting drafted. Nassib has been the starter for 3 years with plenty of tape on him. I wouldn't expect a meteoric rise like you saw with Tannehill, at best he's the 4th QB off the board somewhere around 25. At worst he's 6th or 7th off the board somewhere in the 2nd-3rd range.

They're all special cases. And all those special cases fly up boards lately. Locker actually got a lot worse in his senior year. At first there were all these stories about the millions Locker had cost himself by going back for his final year. Then he went 8th.

Ponder was widely considered a 2nd round guy. Then he goes 12th.

People were laughing, cracking up, in January when people said Tebow might go in the 3rd. There's no way, they said. Then he goes 25th.

"Gabbert? Where did he even play?" you heard people saying if you were stupid enough to predict in January he might sneak into the last few picks of the first. Then he goes 10th.

"Kaepernick? The guy played in a kindergarten offense at a ... what conference is Nevada even in? He'll be lucky to go in the 5th," you heard in January. Then he goes 36th.

QBs are flying up the boards these days. That's the state of the current market.

Quote Originally Posted by Tates View Post
    Both those guys played much tougher comp - and both are very good athletes. Tannehill was a WR before being converted to QB - Locker was one of the fastest guys at the combine. Mobility is very important at this level - if Nassib were 6-5 that would be different but I see a short Nick Foles.

Was Ponder a very good athlete?

Did Gabbert play against better competition? Flacco? Kaepernick?

Again, QBs go much earlier than people expect every year lately. And it's not just athletic guys or guys who played against good competition.

To Nix's point, take whatever round a QB is projected and move him up a round. If the bills like him as a franchise guy you def pick him at 8. The good news when it comes to Nassib this staff knows everything about him and if they essentially put their regime's legacy on the line drafting him at 8 knowing all they know about him you have to trust their judgement.
    What would you be doing if nothing were impossible...

Quote Originally Posted by eregitano View Post
    To Nix's point, take whatever round a QB is projected and move him up a round. If the bills like him as a franchise guy you def pick him at 8. The good news when it comes to Nassib this staff knows everything about him and if they essentially put their regime's legacy on the line drafting him at 8 knowing all they know about him you have to trust their judgement.
    Actually, you don't "have to" trust their judgment.

This is the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by tijo View Post
    Nassib has much better potential and a much, much higher ceiling than Tannehill and you are blinded by bias if you can't see it.

Are you honestly serious?

I like him better than Glennon, If Glennon is a number 8 pick then Nassib is too.
    Last edited by Abe Froman; 01-15-2013 at 09:48 AM.
    "The Sausage King of Chicago"

"We are all erring creatures, and mainly idiots, but God made us so and it is dangerous to criticize."-Mark Twain

2014 Buffalo Bills: Things might not be so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post
    Ryan Tannehill's senior stats: 61.6% completions, YPA 7.1, 29 TDs and 15 INTs. Played for Texas A&M, which had seven wins that year, against SMU, Idaho, Texas Tech, Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas and Northwestern.

Drafted #8.

Jake Locker's senior stats: 55.4% completions, 6.8 YPA, 17 TDs and 9 INTs. Played for Washington. They went 6-6 for the year and beat Nebraska in a bowl game, during which Locker went 5/16 with a QB rating of 60.7.

Drafted #8.

You want to kid yourself, that's your right. But it's absolutely possible he could go that high.

QBs can skyrocket with good workouts and combines and chalk talks in the current environment.
    Agree... It will more than likely happen... Actually it happens every year....

Quote Originally Posted by DuckSoup View Post
    My scouting report:

Positives

Strong arm
    Great short to medium pass accuracy
    Quick Release

Negatives

Lacks touch on deep ball
    Slow Runner
    Tends to try and force ball into tight coverage

I honestly believe he is a 2nd to 3rd round pick. IMO if the Bills pick him in the first, it's way too early. It would be a HUGE reach, TJ Graham anyone? Personally, I would like them to pick 2 QBs, with the 2nd being Nassib if they really want him that bad.

I can tell you this, if Nassib is their one and only choice for QB, this truly is a small time organization that is going absolutely nowhere!. This is the NFL for crying out loud. End of Story.
    No where in the positives does it mention he already knows our system. You understand how much more value that adds. He is already considered a late 1st round pick. #8 may be a little high. I would like them to try to trade down 5 spots. But if not honestly I'm fine with #8. Russell Wilson and Kaepernick would go top 3 these days. Maybe we can luck out.

Quote Originally Posted by 2McGEE4 View Post
    No where in the positives does it mention he already knows our system. You understand how much more value that adds. He is already considered a late 1st round pick. #8 may be a little high. I would like them to try to trade down 5 spots. But if not honestly I'm fine with #8. Russell Wilson and Kaepernick would go top 3 these days. Maybe we can luck out.
    So we are drafting Nassib because he knows our system.

Do you think maybe we could set the bar just a little higher for this team?

Quote Originally Posted by 0c5er View Post
    While I totally agree that Nassib SHOULDN'T be picked 8th overall, I do believe he will still go in round 1.

If guys like Ryan Tannehill can go 8th overall and Brandon Weeden can go 22nd, then Nassib can go in that range too.
    I whole heartedly agree! and im a cuse fan, if people on here scream for GENO first overall then nassib could absolutely go 8th.. I said he was a 3rd rounder, watching only nassib all year, then watching the pinstripe bowl, Geno is no better than Nassib imo, and if people say he is #1QB then nassib cannot be to far behind..

So we are drafting Nassib because he knows our system.

Do you think maybe we could set the bar just a little higher for this team?
    You don't get it... he already has a late 1st rd grade. With good pro days and Senior bowl. No I wouldn't mind him at #8.

People said the same things you just said about Russell Wilson Kaepernick and Dalton with a 2nd round pick in the past. Now your saying it about Nassib.

Do u think the 49ers, Bengals and Seahawks knew what the were getting in those guys. No, its all a gamble. I would gamble on a guy if proven decent throughout the next couple months who knows our system with a late 1st rd grade.

U were the guy prolly saying No to Dalton, Kaepernick and Wilson with a 2nd. Now look. He could pay off is all I'm saying. This is more a pick of need than BPA, but we need a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by StripperPolian View Post
    Exactly. All I have heard is give him a chance. Sorry I wanted World Class Talent in here, at least that's what i was promised from Russ.
    then go root for another team, you wine and ***** like a little girl, take your boyfriend PBmax with you!!

haha draft experts before the real scouts can even give real grades to these players, after the Senior Bowl, Combine and Pro Days, which generally count for a lot more than you guys and your Youtube scouting.

My scouting report:

Positives

Strong arm
    Great short to medium pass accuracy
    Quick Release

Negatives

Lacks touch on deep ball
    Slow Runner
    Tends to try and force ball into tight coverage

I honestly believe he is a 2nd to 3rd round pick. IMO if the Bills pick him in the first, it's way too early. It would be a HUGE reach, TJ Graham anyone? Personally, I would like them to pick 2 QBs, with the 2nd being Nassib if they really want him that bad.

I can tell you this, if Nassib is their one and only choice for QB, this truly is a small time organization that is going absolutely nowhere!. This is the NFL for crying out loud. End of Story.
    As an SU season ticket holder whose seen him play about 30 times and watched his progression this year, I can honestly say your're almost completely wrong. He's not a "slow runner". He's not Michael Vick, but he's very good at picking up positive yards when forced out of the pocket. He was a questionable decision maker up until this year but he's become a very good decision maker as of now. People making comments based on a couple of throws he made are completely off base. The Syracuse offense often required him to make throws in tight spaces. There's a big difference between being asked to make tight throws and bad decision making. He also doesn't lack touch on deep balls. I'm not sure how anyone could make that statement anyway, Syracuse hardly ever throws the ball deep...his main weakness is that he doesn't take enough off the ball on short throws. He's got a rocket arm and he just needs to learn how to contain it. I thought it was amusing that you had his main weakness listed as a strength. You've clearly never seen him play other than watching a few youtube clips or copying and pasting you're scouting report from some random website. As far as pro potential, I think he's probably #1 in the class. There's been much bigger reaches in the top 10 the last few years than Nassib. Bills fans will be pleasently surprised if we draft him at #8. No way he makes it to our 2nd pick, I guarantee that.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SaviorEdwards
    It's called lip service - the job is Edwards and it's his job to lose.

Chris Brown:
    Trent's not quoted because the answer he gave to the question didn't answer the question. You're reading way too much into what isn't here than what is.

Im confident they will take Glennon before Nassib. I would be OK with Glennon in the first at this point.
    Obama is a puppet president chosen by the globalists.(as was bush, clinton, bush sr, ect.) The New World Order is real, wake up America before its to late.

Most users ever online was 1,873, 09-25-2011 at 04:39 PM.

If I hear "He knows the system" one more ****ing time, i'm gonna barf.