Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where has the Barkley talk gone?

Default Where has the Barkley talk gone?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Baby-hands Barkley, while not giong to be a Superstar in this league, he is probably the most talented QB coming out.... if we are going to take any QB at 8, I like him there...

Everyone else, I just don't like. Each has serious flaws that may not transfer well into the NFL

I believe Barkley has the LEAST of these flaws....
    I don't give my opinion, I administer it

Can't wait for the "buffalo series" where Toronto plays one game a year at the Ralph ?

"Peace be with you, my brothers, and also with backup Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller." - Ruxin (The League)

Quote Originally Posted by BornBillfan View Post
    Baby-hands Barkley, while not giong to be a Superstar in this league, he is probably the most talented QB coming out.... if we are going to take any QB at 8, I like him there...

Everyone else, I just don't like. Each has serious flaws that may not transfer well into the NFL

Down the toilet with his draft stock.

He would be good in Buffalo until the weather started getting cold. I have a feeling he would fumble a lot starting in NOV

Barkley and Wilson are the only ones I would consider at 8. Until I see more out of Nassib in the Senior Bowl and combine. Barkley was a can't miss last year if he came out. One year can't make that much of a difference.

I think you're right in some way, if you're talking purely just about talent...but I don't like his lack of arm strength for Buffalo weather. That is something you have to factor.

I think his arm strength is under rated. However if he has small hands as it is reported, he would have a hard time here. His arm strength doesnt scare me at all anymore.

Barkley is probably the least 'talented' QB of all the top guys. Doesn't have a big arm, doesn't throw a great deep ball, isn't mobile.

Everything he does well is between his ears, but in terms of natural skill, he doesn't have as much of it as the other QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    Barkley is probably the least 'talented' QB of all the top guys. Doesn't have a big arm, doesn't throw a great deep ball, isn't mobile.

Everything he does well is between his ears, but in terms of natural skill, he doesn't have as much of it as the other QBs.
    Geez, sounds like Fitz....
    Umm, no..

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post

physical talent you are right... but seeing the game different is a plus in my book. What I believe separates Peyton and Brady and Rogers over most QB, they see the game different than the rest....

Can't wait for the "buffalo series" where Toronto plays one game a year at the Ralph ?

"Peace be with you, my brothers, and also with backup Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller." - Ruxin (The League)

physical talent you are right... but seeing the game different is a plus in my book. What I believe separates Peyton and Brady and Rogers over most QB, they see the game different than the rest....
    All 3 also have considerable arm talent.

Brady developed his over the years, but Rodgers and Manning have always been elite passers of the football because they have great arm strength, anticipation and accuracy.

Barkley is a good field general, but I don't see a lot of arm talent.

I want Taj Boyd or Tyler Wilson. Whom ever can throw the deep ball.

FWIW BornBillfan, I'm with you on Barkley. He's legit. He was a lock for the top 10 last year and may have been top 5 had he come out. There hasn't been that much that changed since then. Sure he has a shoulder injury, but so did Bradford and Brees.

Prep School, USC, California kid who has always been surrounded by good talent. Hard to gauge how he would look in the NFL. Ex: Matt Leinart

I've been watching a bunch of game replays of Barkley, Smith, Nassib, and Glennon. Barkley blows them away. He is a great QB with solid mechanics, accuracy, decision-making, and pocket presence. I hope we draft him. Like jrober says, his arm strength isn't outstanding, but it's not like he's weak to the point where his accuracy suffers or he can't throw the deep ball- he's not like Fitz.
    Quote Originally Posted by teef View Post
    when i was staying at the belhurst castle in geneva, they had a red wine tap right outside of the room i was staying in. literally 2 feet away. it got to the point where i wasn't even putting on pants to tap more. i had red wine over everything i owned. when the tap ran dry, i called down to the front desk demanding they change it. i was given a stern, "no".

We didn't get the coach from USC so no one is talking about him.

It'll stir right back up when he wows everyone at the combine.

Consider that had Barkley played in the bowl game USC would likely have won.

He is an impact player.
    Quote Originally Posted by likei'vebeentherebefore View Post
    the choice is made the traveler has come

your new name is... Mom'z_Spaghetti
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom'z_Spaghetti View Post
    nnnooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's going to be funny when he goes Number one overall.
    Adonis DNA........Fire breathing fists....

Quote Originally Posted by NOVABilliever View Post
    I've been watching a bunch of game replays of Barkley, Smith, Nassib, and Glennon. Barkley blows them away. He is a great QB with solid mechanics, accuracy, decision-making, and pocket presence. I hope we draft him. Like jrober says, his arm strength isn't outstanding, but it's not like he's weak to the point where his accuracy suffers or he can't throw the deep ball- he's not like Fitz.
    I think it is safe to say, who ever we get, they won't be like fitz... this team selected him to be a game manager. Not to scare opposing defenses.

Well he hasn't played a game in well over a month. Won't be in the Senior Bowl. Probably won't throw at the combine. So the "talk" will be quiet until his workouts.

Everything in the meantime is person A arguing with person B about his opinion.

I've seen a lot of Barkley and have shared my thoughts many a time. I think he's the best QB out of a weak class and although he has some limitations physically, is still real good at a lot of things needed to be a successful QB.
    Football.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Seferian-Jenkins View Post
    If you've only seen YouTube highlights of me, you haven't seen crap.

I think it is safe to say, who ever we get, they won't be like fitz... this team selected him to be a game manager. Not to scare opposing defenses.
    The point I'm making is that most people around here are terrified of the weak arm because Fitz couldn't throw a pass over 15 yards accurately.
    Quote Originally Posted by teef View Post
    when i was staying at the belhurst castle in geneva, they had a red wine tap right outside of the room i was staying in. literally 2 feet away. it got to the point where i wasn't even putting on pants to tap more. i had red wine over everything i owned. when the tap ran dry, i called down to the front desk demanding they change it. i was given a stern, "no".