Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Where has the Barkley talk gone?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    3 years in the dirty south
    Posts
    5,810

    Default Where has the Barkley talk gone?

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    Baby-hands Barkley, while not giong to be a Superstar in this league, he is probably the most talented QB coming out.... if we are going to take any QB at 8, I like him there...

    Everyone else, I just don't like. Each has serious flaws that may not transfer well into the NFL

    I believe Barkley has the LEAST of these flaws....
    I don't give my opinion, I administer it


    Can't wait for the "buffalo series" where Toronto plays one game a year at the Ralph ?

    "Peace be with you, my brothers, and also with backup Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller." - Ruxin (The League)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BornBillfan View Post
    Baby-hands Barkley, while not giong to be a Superstar in this league, he is probably the most talented QB coming out.... if we are going to take any QB at 8, I like him there...

    Everyone else, I just don't like. Each has serious flaws that may not transfer well into the NFL

    I believe Barkley has the LEAST of these flaws....
    Down the toilet with his draft stock.

  3. #3

    Default

    He would be good in Buffalo until the weather started getting cold. I have a feeling he would fumble a lot starting in NOV

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,621

    Default

    Barkley and Wilson are the only ones I would consider at 8. Until I see more out of Nassib in the Senior Bowl and combine. Barkley was a can't miss last year if he came out. One year can't make that much of a difference.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BornBillfan View Post
    Baby-hands Barkley, while not giong to be a Superstar in this league, he is probably the most talented QB coming out.... if we are going to take any QB at 8, I like him there...

    Everyone else, I just don't like. Each has serious flaws that may not transfer well into the NFL

    I believe Barkley has the LEAST of these flaws....
    I think you're right in some way, if you're talking purely just about talent...but I don't like his lack of arm strength for Buffalo weather. That is something you have to factor.

  6. #6

    Default

    I think his arm strength is under rated. However if he has small hands as it is reported, he would have a hard time here. His arm strength doesnt scare me at all anymore.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28,402

    Default

    Barkley is probably the least 'talented' QB of all the top guys. Doesn't have a big arm, doesn't throw a great deep ball, isn't mobile.

    Everything he does well is between his ears, but in terms of natural skill, he doesn't have as much of it as the other QBs.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    Barkley is probably the least 'talented' QB of all the top guys. Doesn't have a big arm, doesn't throw a great deep ball, isn't mobile.

    Everything he does well is between his ears, but in terms of natural skill, he doesn't have as much of it as the other QBs.
    Geez, sounds like Fitz....
    Umm, no..

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    3 years in the dirty south
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    Barkley is probably the least 'talented' QB of all the top guys. Doesn't have a big arm, doesn't throw a great deep ball, isn't mobile.

    Everything he does well is between his ears, but in terms of natural skill, he doesn't have as much of it as the other QBs.
    physical talent you are right... but seeing the game different is a plus in my book. What I believe separates Peyton and Brady and Rogers over most QB, they see the game different than the rest....
    I don't give my opinion, I administer it


    Can't wait for the "buffalo series" where Toronto plays one game a year at the Ralph ?

    "Peace be with you, my brothers, and also with backup Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller." - Ruxin (The League)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BornBillfan View Post
    physical talent you are right... but seeing the game different is a plus in my book. What I believe separates Peyton and Brady and Rogers over most QB, they see the game different than the rest....
    All 3 also have considerable arm talent.

    Brady developed his over the years, but Rodgers and Manning have always been elite passers of the football because they have great arm strength, anticipation and accuracy.

    Barkley is a good field general, but I don't see a lot of arm talent.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    5,552

    Default

    I want Taj Boyd or Tyler Wilson. Whom ever can throw the deep ball.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BornBillfan View Post
    physical talent you are right... but seeing the game different is a plus in my book. What I believe separates Peyton and Brady and Rogers over most QB, they see the game different than the rest....
    FWIW BornBillfan, I'm with you on Barkley. He's legit. He was a lock for the top 10 last year and may have been top 5 had he come out. There hasn't been that much that changed since then. Sure he has a shoulder injury, but so did Bradford and Brees.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,852

    Default

    Prep School, USC, California kid who has always been surrounded by good talent. Hard to gauge how he would look in the NFL. Ex: Matt Leinart

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    8,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BornBillfan View Post
    Baby-hands Barkley, while not giong to be a Superstar in this league, he is probably the most talented QB coming out.... if we are going to take any QB at 8, I like him there...

    Everyone else, I just don't like. Each has serious flaws that may not transfer well into the NFL

    I believe Barkley has the LEAST of these flaws....
    I've been watching a bunch of game replays of Barkley, Smith, Nassib, and Glennon. Barkley blows them away. He is a great QB with solid mechanics, accuracy, decision-making, and pocket presence. I hope we draft him. Like jrober says, his arm strength isn't outstanding, but it's not like he's weak to the point where his accuracy suffers or he can't throw the deep ball- he's not like Fitz.
    Quote Originally Posted by teef View Post
    when i was staying at the belhurst castle in geneva, they had a red wine tap right outside of the room i was staying in. literally 2 feet away. it got to the point where i wasn't even putting on pants to tap more. i had red wine over everything i owned. when the tap ran dry, i called down to the front desk demanding they change it. i was given a stern, "no".

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    203

    Default

    We didn't get the coach from USC so no one is talking about him.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    22,376

    Default

    It'll stir right back up when he wows everyone at the combine.

    Consider that had Barkley played in the bowl game USC would likely have won.

    He is an impact player.
    Quote Originally Posted by likei'vebeentherebefore View Post
    the choice is made the traveler has come

    your new name is... Mom'z_Spaghetti
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom'z_Spaghetti View Post
    nnnooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,501

    Default

    It's going to be funny when he goes Number one overall.
    Adonis DNA........Fire breathing fists....

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    3 years in the dirty south
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOVABilliever View Post
    I've been watching a bunch of game replays of Barkley, Smith, Nassib, and Glennon. Barkley blows them away. He is a great QB with solid mechanics, accuracy, decision-making, and pocket presence. I hope we draft him. Like jrober says, his arm strength isn't outstanding, but it's not like he's weak to the point where his accuracy suffers or he can't throw the deep ball- he's not like Fitz.
    I think it is safe to say, who ever we get, they won't be like fitz... this team selected him to be a game manager. Not to scare opposing defenses.
    I don't give my opinion, I administer it


    Can't wait for the "buffalo series" where Toronto plays one game a year at the Ralph ?

    "Peace be with you, my brothers, and also with backup Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller." - Ruxin (The League)

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    THE Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    29,444

    Default

    Well he hasn't played a game in well over a month. Won't be in the Senior Bowl. Probably won't throw at the combine. So the "talk" will be quiet until his workouts.

    Everything in the meantime is person A arguing with person B about his opinion.

    I've seen a lot of Barkley and have shared my thoughts many a time. I think he's the best QB out of a weak class and although he has some limitations physically, is still real good at a lot of things needed to be a successful QB.
    Football.


    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Seferian-Jenkins View Post
    If you've only seen YouTube highlights of me, you haven't seen crap.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    8,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BornBillfan View Post
    I think it is safe to say, who ever we get, they won't be like fitz... this team selected him to be a game manager. Not to scare opposing defenses.
    The point I'm making is that most people around here are terrified of the weak arm because Fitz couldn't throw a pass over 15 yards accurately.
    Quote Originally Posted by teef View Post
    when i was staying at the belhurst castle in geneva, they had a red wine tap right outside of the room i was staying in. literally 2 feet away. it got to the point where i wasn't even putting on pants to tap more. i had red wine over everything i owned. when the tap ran dry, i called down to the front desk demanding they change it. i was given a stern, "no".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •