Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would JP Losman do better in today's NFL than he did in 2004's NFL?

Default Would JP Losman do better in today's NFL than he did in 2004's NFL?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

The NFL is transitioning into a bit of an Spread Option league, something Losman was well suited for. Fast on his feet, good at throwing on the move, great deep ball to keep the defense spread out. Would he have been better in today's NFL that wouldn't ask him to be a pocket passer but instead have him moving around and utilize his feet in the run game, and create mismatches for the defense?

Nope.
    I may not go to church, but I pay for my sins by being a Buffalo Bills fan.

no j.p had a comp% of under 60% in college its pretty much a guarantee that a QB wont succeed in the NFL and what a surprise he didn't and he still wouldn't
    "Fight on, my men, Sir Andrew said -- A little I'm hurt but not yet slain. I'll just lie down and bleed awhile -- And I'll rise and fight again." marv levy

Not at all. Losman had a cannon and decent mobility, but never had the brainpower to quickly process and read defenses, go through progressions, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bills284 View Post
    Not at all. Losman had a cannon and decent mobility, but never had the brainpower to quickly process and read defenses, go through progressions, etc.
    Which wouldn't be an issue as the spread option is generally a one or two quick read offense.... It would be more tailored to his strengths.

No. He's just a bad QB.
    SIGNATURE
    Quote Originally Posted by muffman View Post
    Arent you the guy who said the Bills drafted EJ Manuel so they could "sell him in the americas, africa and the middle east?"
    LMAO....
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    No I said if he becomes a star he has more international AD ability than Tom Brady. I was talking about how the black athlete is marketed internationally.
    Brady isn't Manuel and as stated the media tends to take a man like Manuel because they can sell him in all of the America's and Africa and the Middle East and not just in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by MoormanRules8 View Post
    Which wouldn't be an issue as the spread option is generally a one or two quick read offense.... It would be more tailored to his strengths.
    You have to be quick between the ears as well which he was not. I've never seen a more lost QB in my life. He'd throw alot of picks like Fitz did to Cromartie in week one.
    SIGNATURE
    Quote Originally Posted by muffman View Post
    Arent you the guy who said the Bills drafted EJ Manuel so they could "sell him in the americas, africa and the middle east?"
    LMAO....
    No I said if he becomes a star he has more international AD ability than Tom Brady. I was talking about how the black athlete is marketed internationally.
    Brady isn't Manuel and as stated the media tends to take a man like Manuel because they can sell him in all of the America's and Africa and the Middle East and not just in the United States.

he pretty much fumbled every time he got hit too.
    Stevie "Styles" Johnson

He would have done better had he gone to a well coached team with a real QB as a mentor and watched for 4 years.

We ruined him, is that a shock.

i watched a preseason game this year where he threw for something like 450 yds and 2-3 TDs. not that that means anything seeing as its preseason.

cautiously optimistic about the 2013 season. lets go buffalo!!!

No, easiest answer ever.

Yes, but he would have needed everything Daryl mentioned as well.
    "That's not a person; that's a creature."
    -Shawne Merriman on Mario Williams

Losman probably would have been much better than he was if he was just allowed to be the type of QB that he was, which definitly was a "stand tall in the pocket" QB, he had too many bad and older "old school" coaches to succeed. He did have short game accuracy issues so likely it wouldn't have mattered in the end.

No /thread

We need to sign Kelly Holcomb. One year starter who can hold it down for a year so the rookie can learn

he would succeed in todays game only behind a good o-line which he never had when he was here. i would take him in a flash over captain checkdown or pickspatrick !

Quote Originally Posted by Bills284 View Post
    He also moved really poorly in the pocket...he always ran backwards in a loop.

Of course he would. Imagine if he went to a team with a real coach.
    When will the Bills find the heir to Losman?

Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    He would have done better had he gone to a well coached team with a real QB as a mentor and watched for 4 years.

We ruined him, is that a shock.
    if he had to sit and watch on the sidlines for 4 years he didn't belong in this league to begin with.

Probably not, but to play devil's advocate, Losman's passer rating out of the shotgun in his time with Buffalo was over 100.
    Before you die Lonestar, there is something you should know... I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate.