Thread: Byrd wants to test Free Agency

Default Byrd wants to test Free Agency

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

this can not happen, even if the bills have to tag him, he can not go anywhere or our secondary will be in huge trouble..this guy is a 10 and we can not afford to let him go..i dont care what you have to pay the man..just get it done

and i think andy levitre needs to be back in the fold too..mckelvin yes he is a great special teams returner but we can fill that hole a lot easier than we can replace a saftey or O lineman..those two guys need to stay in buffalo

you scared me.. i thought there was about to be an article about him wanting to go somewhere else.

It doesn't matter what he wants franchise him

Do you know him personally or are you just guessing?

I think Byrd will want to finish what he started in Buffalo because he knows Buddy will re-sign him. Especially with Pettine coming in, the way he will blitzing all the time, Byrd will have a field day. picks left and right. Not to mention, back during the season when ESPN reported the Bills and Byrd were having contract talks, so hopefully those talks created a good base or something so they can get it done quick. I don't like to be a pessimist but since we didn't get it done during the season, I hope that it doesn't stall anything from getting done now. Thank god for franchise tag!

With Levitre, he said he wanted to be in Buffalo "10 out of 10" but i'm sure he'll test the market to get a better offer from us.

You're 100% right though, we need both back.
    but if we had to choose, I personally would want Byrd over Levitre.. He's been our most consistent player on the team practically since we drafted him.
    Last edited by lynch2thehouse3; 01-10-2013 at 12:35 AM.

i was watching the chris brown show and he had mentioned that he had heard that Byrd wanted to test teh market to "see what his value is" if thats true then he may not want to be here but we cant afford to let him go..i dont know how reliable CB is but if its true that doesnt sound too good. we may have to tag him and work on a contract extension throughout the season

Misleading thread title. No soup for you.
    Buffalo Bills. Anaheim Ducks. Los Angeles Lakers.

Players almost always say this, when they are close to FA. Cant blame them. WHy let one team dtermine what you make, if you can visit other teams, and maybe get a few extra bucks

But tagging him stops that
    2014 Adopt a Bill---Chris Williams

We'll franchise him this year and providing our defense does half of what it is capable of, he'll have all the reasons to stay including money.
    2014 Adopt-a-Bill: Brandon Spikes
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Da'Norris Searcy
    2012 Adopt-a-Bill: Jairus Byrd
    2011 Adopt-a-Bill: Bryan Scott

"Every time I think you say the dumbest thing ever, you keep on talkin'" Hank Hill

If the Bills feel someone is a franchise guy then go get him...there is no such thing as reaching for a franchise QB!

he will be tagged not to worried

God bless the franchise tag. We will tag him and then work out a deal. Most players don't like to turn down long term security. A year of football is forever

Buddy is loyal. We've all seen that. Byrd is going nowhere.
    "I put my thing down, flip it and reverse it."

Missy Misdemeanor Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by My Source View Post
    Buddy is loyal. We've all seen that. Byrd is going nowhere.
    Agreed. OP was misleading

Quote Originally Posted by Goon_Slapper View Post
    Agreed. OP was misleading
    Ha! Big time. I came in here expecting an article, or at least an Incarcerated Bob tweet.

Last off season was all the proof we need for what's going to happen. Buddy rewards great play.
    "I put my thing down, flip it and reverse it."

Missy Misdemeanor Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by My Source View Post
    Ha! Big time. I came in here expecting an article, or at least an Incarcerated Bob tweet.

Last off season was all the proof we need for what's going to happen. Buddy rewards great play.
    LOL. After his head coach bull****, I hope we are done with him on here. But we all know he will pop back up for free agency

Best Fans in the NFL

2014 Adopt-A-Bill: Mario Williams

Letting Byrd go would be a very dumb move...

Quote Originally Posted by nortonbillsfan View Post
    he will be tagged not to worried
    no link just his opinion.

ef him, tag him.

If he's not tagged, I think Cleveland would end up paying him. They have the second most cap space this offseason, and putting him in the Secondary with TJ Ward, Joe Haden, and possibly Justin Millner (Mock Drafts have CLE Selecting), their secondary would be insane!

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk20 View Post
    Letting Byrd go would be a very dumb move...
    You are correct, this is why I think he is gone. We just seem to find a way to let our best players go... although we did sign Stevie, I still think Buddy screws this up.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin....

Dear Terry and Kim, Please Fire Russ Brandon, Doug Whaley and Doug Marrone Cut EJ Manuel Immediately and stop this circus your franchise is a joke because of these people and their utter ineptitude.