Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Now that Pettine is the DC should we consider Bringing back Maybin?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by indybillsfan View Post
    This is a ridiculous post. Tebow and Maybin differ in one key thing: Tebow has the desire to be an NFL player. Not the talent probably but the desire. Maybin has neither.
    You realize Maybin has been playing and training on teams from HS to the NFL level all of his life.

I just don't get how people can just throw out all of his life like that ans say that he has no desire to play in the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by likei'vebeentherebefore View Post
    the choice is made the traveler has come

your new name is... Mom'z_Spaghetti
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom'z_Spaghetti View Post
    nnnooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nateball View Post
    They got 2 good games out of Maybin. Am I missing something?
    Obviously you are if you don't want to bring in the best players. He isn't necessarily a starter, but pack the roster with talent and let the best players play.

Quote Originally Posted by MoormanRules8 View Post
    The guy has speed, no one can deny that. Honestly he didn't get a fair shake here. He came in and was a DE, then he was an OLB and when he finally was starting to get time in one system he was cut. He had success in NY, why not give him a minimum deal to come in? He will be familiar with the system coming in and the players already here. It could actually be a real help to have a guy like him in the locker room to help guys like Mario understand what is expected of them.
    What?? Maybin, a guy with no desire and no talent, is going to be an example to Mario? That's ludicrous.

What?? Maybin, a guy with no desire and no talent, is going to be an example to Mario? That's ludicrous.
    You simply CAN'T be drafted in the NFL in the first round with 0 talent.

I'll give you that he does nto always give it his all, but physically he is actually a very talented guy. Like drafted in the 1st round of the NFL level talent.

Not be an example of "hey be as good as I am" but teach him the offense, help him understand where to be on the field. I think Mario's skill and understanding of how to use leverage and his hands will rub off on maybin then too... It's a mutually beneficial deal

Aaron Maybin sucks. Really really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Denverbill View Post
    Have you seen how buff that guy is now? Dashingly handsome too.

Maybe he best fits a 6 - 9 bottom formation?
    He has abs to die for.

You realize Maybin has been playing and training on teams from HS to the NFL level all of his life.

I just don't get how people can just throw out all of his life like that ans say that he has no desire to play in the NFL.
    Simple. He couldn't even figure out how to play special teams when on the roster with the Bills. Playing special teams is simply about desire and wanting to whatever you can to be on the field. Since you brought up Tebow, look at him. Even though he got shafted about the QB position with the Jets, he played punt team. That shows a desire to contribute, and a certain maturity level. Maybin couldn't even make that committment.

Maybin probably grew up being bigger and more talented than the other kids. He then got to Penn St, where as a speed rusher he had one good season, and then came into pro football where all the guys are bigger, stronger, faster. And he couldn't hack it. So hopefully he invested the millions he got from his failure as an NFL player and will have a happy life. But there should be absolutely no question in anyone's mind that he does not belong on an NFL roster.

No, we shouldn't. Even the Jets let him go.

I'll give you that he does nto always give it his all, but physically he is actually a very talented guy. Like drafted in the 1st round of the NFL level talent.
    There are tons of guys with physical talent, but don't have the talent to play professional football. Maybin is a classic example. So was Mike Williams. Both guys with some physical skills, but didn't translate to actual football skill. And that had a lot to do with a lack of motivation and desire.

Why anyone would want to bring a guy back here who showed that he didn't have the ability and desire to make it in the league is a complete mystery to me. Do you honestly believe that's how you build a winning franchise?

Doesn't Maybin have a rap album called 'Mayhem Maybin' or something like that?

with posts like this you may get to be a martyr ! posts like this could and should get you banned for life,the jets cut him you know that so how you could even suggest this is mind blowing!

Quote Originally Posted by billsfan1516 View Post
    In a way it makes sense. Pettine did get a lot out of Maybin as a NY Jet. A lot more than Chan Failey got out of him! Bring him in on a vet minimum salary and maybe we can get some of the investment we initially made in him?

What do you think Bills Mafia??
    .....very odd post from the boards' intellectual?.....Maybin is done and will be bagging groceries from here on out....the bigger question is what are we going to do with Mark Anderson?
    1. Mike Evans / WR / Texas A&M
    2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins / TE / Washington
    3. Juwuan James / OT / Tenn.
    4. Shayne Skov / ILB / Stanford
    5. Cassius Marsh / DE / UCLA
    7. Logan Thomas / QB / Virginia Tech

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and conveniences,
    but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy ".......Martin Luther King

Aaron Maybin - LB - Free Agent

NEWS: The Seahawks worked out free agent OLB/DE Aaron Maybin before signing DE Patrick Chukwurah on Tuesday.

ANALYSIS: It's Maybin's first known workout since being cut by the Jets in November. He registered six sacks with New York in 2011 but managed just one tackle in eight games in 2012. Being passed over for a guy that hadn't played in a game since 2008, Maybin's NFL future is cloudy. ...from rotoworld

So did Vince Young, or better yet JaMarcus Russell. What say you?
    Goonies Never Say Die
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Cordy "The Tank" Glenn

2013 BBMB NFL Season Pickem

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonavenger View Post
    So did Vince Young, or better yet JaMarcus Russell. What say you?
    I say we actually tried our hand with VY. Seems like your example shows my ideas are not so far fetched in teh real world after all....

I say we actually tried our hand with VY. Seems like your example shows my ideas are not so far fetched in teh real world after all....
    Yes? We already gave Maybin his chance.

My point was so you want to bring back VY or Russell because they had "first round" talent?

That isn't a very good excuse for bringing someone like Maybin back, for a second chance no less.
    Goonies Never Say Die
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Cordy "The Tank" Glenn

2013 BBMB NFL Season Pickem

lol you guys make me laugh. Aaron Maybin was cut by the jets halfway thru the season! In the games he dressed he was rarely on the field. he had.........1 TACKLE THIS SEASON. Just stop it.

Maybin was cut more by the Jets then he was by the Bills, which is funny.

Sometimes I wish you would just throw away your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by teef View Post
    when i was staying at the belhurst castle in geneva, they had a red wine tap right outside of the room i was staying in. literally 2 feet away. it got to the point where i wasn't even putting on pants to tap more. i had red wine over everything i owned. when the tap ran dry, i called down to the front desk demanding they change it. i was given a stern, "no".