Thread: No more waiting, its playoffs or bust in 2013

Default No more waiting, its playoffs or bust in 2013

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I know a lot of us have been understandably dejected thru the Bills constant collapses and failures, but after witnessing so many teams turn it around in the span of one season, this excuse of "rebuilding" taking 3 years or more is no longer valid. The Vikings went from 3-13 to WC this year. A team like the Bengals who were abysmal in 2010 have made the postseason back to back years with tough division rivals like the Ravens and Steelers. There is no guarantee that Marrone will be an instant success, but from what I have seen, I support the hire and he brings an edge and passion to a team that has been notoriously soft for years.

All of us realize we need to draft a QB to groom IMMEDIATELY. For next season, use a veteran QB to bridge the process like Alex Smith. This team has enough talent to be a wild card at least, its a matter of UTITLIZING the talent properly which our previous regimes couldn't do. I don't care how "tough" the schedule looks next year, if we play to our ability, we should win enough games to make a playoff push.

We all need to be a little optimistic through the dark times we have endured, let's go Buffalo

marrone needs to win before alot of longtime bills fans will believe in him !

Brady will be taking the division every year until he retires

until then the Bills are stuck playing for the WC spot

heavily reducing the chances of playoffs

Its going to be bust then. 2012 was the year to make the playoffs. This past year we had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL. Next year we will have one of the most difficult.
    Before you die Lonestar, there is something you should know... I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate.

when Brady retires, 6-10 might win the division

yay

I think you will be disappointed then. It still takes some time for a team and a new coach to get to know each other. I have no doubts that it will be quicker than the 3 years Gailey still couldn't, but even at that I at the very least expect them to play up to the expectations of the talent that is on this team. If we get a rash of injuries at pivotal positions you can't blame that on the coach.
    Goonies Never Say Die
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Cordy "The Tank" Glenn

2013 BBMB NFL Season Pickem

LOL dejected?
    try ashamed and embarrassed.

when others were jumping on the 2011 bandwagon, i knew it was too early.

but it was playoffs or bust LAST YEAR.

this year is too little, too late.

i was holding off on getting that Bills doormat cuz i didn't want people stomping on our good name.
    but now it's time since everyone else has been stomping on it for the past 13 years.

International fashion/travel photographer and Bills extraordinaire - well, at least one of that is true!
    My Facebook

Formerly Rhythm N' Blue

Official Meatball Handler: Kyle Williams Facebook Fan Page

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    marrone needs to win before alot of longtime bills fans will believe in him !
    A lot being you?

ill take bust
    "Fight on, my men, Sir Andrew said -- A little I'm hurt but not yet slain. I'll just lie down and bleed awhile -- And I'll rise and fight again." marv levy

2013 I say we could get 9 wins and a playoff berth

Quote Originally Posted by pvn244 View Post
    I know a lot of us have been understandably dejected thru the Bills constant collapses and failures, but after witnessing so many teams turn it around in the span of one season, this excuse of "rebuilding" taking 3 years or more is no longer valid. The Vikings went from 3-13 to WC this year. A team like the Bengals who were abysmal in 2010 have made the postseason back to back years with tough division rivals like the Ravens and Steelers. There is no guarantee that Marrone will be an instant success, but from what I have seen, I support the hire and he brings an edge and passion to a team that has been notoriously soft for years.

All of us realize we need to draft a QB to groom IMMEDIATELY. For next season, use a veteran QB to bridge the process like Alex Smith. This team has enough talent to be a wild card at least, its a matter of UTITLIZING the talent properly which our previous regimes couldn't do. I don't care how "tough" the schedule looks next year, if we play to our ability, we should win enough games to make a playoff push.

We all need to be a little optimistic through the dark times we have endured, let's go Buffalo
    I just don't see us making the playoffs in 2013, no matter how good of an offseason we have.

The schedule is very difficult and Marrone has no NFL experience to build on no matter how good of a HC he might end up being.

In the end 8-8 would be a major step in the right direction and should be the ceiling that every realistic Bills fans expects.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamsWreckingCrew View Post
    I just don't see us making the playoffs in 2013, no matter how good of an offseason we have.

The schedule is very difficult and Marrone has no NFL experience to build on no matter how good of a HC he might end up being.

In the end 8-8 would be a major step in the right direction and should be the ceiling that every realistic Bills fans expects.

8-8 would be super for next year.

I see 6-10 next year being good for us, 8-8+ if we get lucky on the QB pick.

I think if the Bills are 7-9. 8-8 we can probably feel good about the future IF they keep most of their losses close and show improvement throughout the year, especially with any new QB. Is it possible they do better and make the playoffs? Sure anything is possible in today's NFL. If the defense gels under new coaching and the QB play is better than expected early, who knows. Better to set your expectations a bit more realistically however.