Thread: Marrone: Experience coveted on spec. teams

Default Marrone: Experience coveted on spec. teams

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

The Bills hired their special teams coordinator Monday as they announced the addition of Danny Crossman, who was most recently the special teams coordinator of the Detroit Lions (2010-2012). Head coach Doug Marrone made it clear that he coveted experience in the man who would fill the role for the Bills. “Many games are won [...]

Click here to read the latest blog entry...

So he wanted the special teams coordinator to have experience but not the OC?

Quote Originally Posted by EricWood69 View Post
    Marrone has experience on the offensive side of the ball but doesn't on def or special teams. Stop being silly

Quote Originally Posted by EricWood69 View Post
    Im sure he did want more experience, possible someone off the Saints staff, but Hackett has experience running the offense Marrone wants to install here in Buffalo.

Dont know what to feel with this..

Successful experience would have been better, tho. Perhaps he should have set the bar a little higher.
    justRN: "They carted off Freddies ACL after he ripped it out for being weak."

Mark Asper: "He'd come smashing in there and make a big play and he has no emotion. He just goes back to the defensive huddle, and we had to trash talk for him. Our big line was 'Kiko Smash.' "#TheLegendOfKikoAlonzo

www.billievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by kanatablues View Post
    Successful experience would have been better, tho. Perhaps he should have set the bar a little higher.
    He has had success. I also think he straightened out the lions special teams after a horrendous start last season.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBills4Life View Post
    He has had success. I also think he straightened out the lions special teams after a horrendous start last season.
    detroit's special team's were very very bad, I'm not sure I would use Detroit as a positive towards his coaching ability.
    Welcome to the NFL, where the only measure of success can be found in the standings

Quote Originally Posted by CAS22 View Post
    detroit's special team's were very very bad, I'm not sure I would use Detroit as a positive towards his coaching ability.
    For 2 games they were really bad, straightened it out during the bye. The final 12 games no TD's and the coverage average for kicks and punts was outstanding, Thats why he wasnt getting fired, because he straightened them out.

Experience at STs is what we had with the old staff had but now I'm not so sure, it sure looks like he just hired him because of friendship not experience and the will to want to be in Buffalo because our last STs coach wanted to be here and did a great job here with his experience.