Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Geno Smith doesnt go to KC i think he falls to us

Default If Geno Smith doesnt go to KC i think he falls to us

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I have been looking at a ton of mocks and if Geno doesn't go first he falls to us at 8 everytime. The only game I watched of Geno was against the Orange and Marrone. Does he have what it takes to be our franchise QB? Is he a pure pocket guy or is he a dual threat? Can someone give me a lil info on him......
    There are 3 steps to "Building Through the Draft"
    1. Draft
    2. Develop
    3. Retain

2014 Mock
    1. Jake Mathews OT Texas A&M
    2. Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech
    3. Shayne Skov ILB Stanford
    4. Dominique Easley DE Florida
    5. Aaron Murry QB Georgia
    7. Colt Lyerla TE Oregon

The honest answer is.....

Who knows??

The guy is not Andrew Luck

Quote Originally Posted by BillsMafia#1 View Post
    I have been looking at a ton of mocks and if Geno doesn't go first he falls to us at 8 everytime. The only game I watched of Geno was against the Orange and Marrone. Does he have what it takes to be our franchise QB? Is he a pure pocket guy or is he a dual threat? Can someone give me a lil info on him......
    He won't get past the Jags or the Cardinals. I think we need to serious look into trading down for once. If we can pick up a second rounder or even a third, the risk of taking a QB high would be negligable.

Trent Dilfer says Tebow is a completely different QB. And he has a ring.

He needs work, but he has a great arm and doesn't lock on to receivers. He runs well, tho he rarely does this. His footwork is not where you'd like it, but that is fixed with reps. He can make every throw that an NFL QB is asked to make. If he falls to 8, which is a good possibility, I wouldn't mind this pick at all.

I do think that if he falls this far, we take defense at 8 and look to get back into the mid-ish 1st and get a QB, be it Wilson, Glennon, Smith if he's still there.

He's pretty much a pure pocket passer with a limited amount of mobility. He can move around in the pocket but he definitely won't be running a read option.

I don't want a Pinstripe Bowl loser on this team. Only Pinstripe Bowl winners!
    3 years ago

"What matters is two years and three years down the road, if we have this thing turned around in the right direction and we're winning," Nix said. "I know before I'm asked this, you're going to think I'm crazy, but we're not that far away."

“Russ and I scanned a list of possible candidates,” Wilson said. “We didn’t know them. I didn’t know them. I don’t think Russ did. We narrowed it down to two candidates for the job of general manager of football, two in-house candidates.”

I still think Matt Barkley goes #1 or is the first quarterback taken off the board.

logo

wouldn't take that guy in the second let alone 8th over all.

I think he's certainly the best QB prospect for this season, there's a lot of expectations of rookie QBs that he may not live up to but he's not a pick I would mind at all.
    Buffalo Crossing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibhappy View Post
    On the final point, so what. If brains, were so important, why does the Ivy League produce so few NFL quarterbacks?

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills View Post
    I still think Matt Barkley goes #1 or is the first quarterback taken off the board.
    do you think that the lack of success that USC qb's have had in the league would hurt him? The best one has been palmer and he hasn't really been amazing
    get fitz some weapons and he will be a pro bowl QB

Quote Originally Posted by Fitziztheman View Post
    do you think that the lack of success that USC qb's have had in the league would hurt him? The best one has been palmer and he hasn't really been amazing
    Not really. I think Barkley is the best USC quarterback USC has had. Most people, including Pete Carrol, thought Sanchez should have stayed in school another year. He wasn't ready for the NFL and now look at him. I think Barkley will be the best quarterback in this class.
    Last edited by FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills; 01-15-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Not really. I think Barkley is the best USC quarterback since Montana. Most people, including Pete Carrol, thought Sanchez should have stayed in school another year. He wasn't ready for the NFL and now look at him. I think Barkley will be the best quarterback in this class.
    Montana went to Notre Dame...

I see 6 of the 7 teams picking ahead of us who could go QB... If he remains the top 1-2 QBs in the draft, it's not likely!
    Hopelessly devastated Bills fan.

Quote Originally Posted by THE SLAMMER View Post
    The honest answer is.....

Who knows??

The guy is not Andrew Luck
    This would be the correct answer, and it seems some of his biggest red flags are mental aspects you can't teach.

It'd be cool to see smith here.
    2013 Buffalo Bills Football! Nothing gets better than driving up to the Ralph,the smell of Charcoal at 8am on a gameday morning, and of course WINNING!

Even if he is there, I have a hard time believing the entire Cuse coaching staff (basically) would prefer him at #8. I suspect they go BPA at #8 and hope Nassib is there in rd 2.

I love the media

I'd much rather get a Wilson or Barkley then Smith

"If ever a man had it all, it would have to be me"

"living is easy with eyes closed"

Bills mock (subject to change many times by May)

1) trade with Rams again 9 for 13 + 44 Kony Ealy DE
    2) Antonio Richardson OT Tenn.
    2)Troy Niklas TE ND
    3)Jeremiah Attaochu OLB GT
    4) Kenny Ladler DB Vandy
    5)Andrew Jackson MLB W. Kent.
    7)Russell Bodine C,G N. Caro

Quote Originally Posted by BillsMafia#1 View Post
    He will fall but odds are this Bills staff doesn't go QB in the first. Strictly Defense and MAYBE a QB in round 2.

Not really. I think Barkley is the best USC quarterback USC has had. Most people, including Pete Carrol, thought Sanchez should have stayed in school another year. He wasn't ready for the NFL and now look at him. I think Barkley will be the best quarterback in this class.
    I agree...
    Adonis DNA........Fire breathing fists....

Any QB is going to be an improvement!
    2013 Buffalo Bills Football! Nothing gets better than driving up to the Ralph,the smell of Charcoal at 8am on a gameday morning, and of course WINNING!