Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Levitre oh Levitre

Default Levitre oh Levitre

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Well do the bills pay him 9 mill or draft a gaurd in third round. Oh what will the bills do hes definetly sized up since draft day.If we sign our owen Byrd Levitry and Mckelvin after cuts im estimating at 5 mill left of cap space not really any room for Ufa.

Where do you come up with the 5 million dollar number. Teams know how to move money around year to year. I'm not saying you're wrong Id just like to see the math behind it

A few players will be cut opening some cap space for the other players to come in as well. A lot of changes most likely to player personnel this year. Just wait and be patient and let them evaluate the "talent" on this roster besides the main core players who we always hear about.

I can't believe how overrated Levitre is by Bills fans. 9 million a year for a guard? One that has never even been a pro bowl alternate, received zero votes for all-pro, who is never on anyone's radar or mentioned as one of the better guards in the NFL by anyone. He's a good player, but not great and never in a million years is this guy going to sniff 9 million a year. Quote me.

Quote Originally Posted by micman View Post
    I can't believe how overrated Levitre is by Bills fans. 9 million a year for a guard? One that has never even been a pro bowl alternate, received zero votes for all-pro, who is never on anyone's radar or mentioned as one of the better guards in the NFL by anyone. He's a good player, but not great and never in a million years is this guy going to sniff 9 million a year. Quote me.
    Like I've said many times, if it comes down to paying Levitre Carl Nicks money....I'll gladly pass without thinking twice about it and wish him well on his way out of town.

He's definitely a very good guard and you can argue on a better team he probably makes the probowl, but he's certainly not elite and far from irreplaceable.

Either way I believe we've seen the last of him and another team will likely pony up big money to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamsWreckingCrew View Post
    Like I've said many times, if it comes down to paying Levitre Carl Nicks money....I'll gladly pass without thinking twice about it and wish him well on his way out of town.

He's definitely a very good guard and you can argue on a better team he probably makes the probowl, but he's certainly not elite and far from irreplaceable.

Either way I believe we've seen the last of him and another team will likely pony up big money to sign him.
    The difference is Nicks was widely considered the best guard in the league at the time. Levitre is considered good but not great. No one is going to justify paying a guard that on the surface only appears to be pretty good that much money. I think he goes for 5-6 per year, and at that price with all the holes on the team and capable backups I let him walk no matter what. I know Nix is big on signing your own but no team in the leauge doesn't let guys go on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by micman View Post
    The difference is Nicks was widely considered the best guard in the league at the time. Levitre is considered good but not great. No one is going to justify paying a guard that on the surface only appears to be pretty good that much money. I think he goes for 5-6 per year, and at that price with all the holes on the team and capable backups I let him walk no matter what. I know Nix is big on signing your own but no team in the leauge doesn't let guys go on occasion.
    For $5 million a year I'd definitely resign him, but I think his agent is going to look at Nicks deal and believe Levitre can get something comparable to it. And that's why I don't think we'll resign him.

That's one reason why the Patriots are a competitive team - they let good players walk when they want huge salaries.

Levitre should be re-signed at a slightly above average salary for an OG. What's that - maybe 3 or 4M per year ? More than that and he's not worth it.

Levtre is only worth what some team is willing to pay him.Right now no one knows what that figure is.He will go where the money is and i would not blame him.Although i would like him to stay in bflo.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Well do the bills pay him 9 mill or draft a gaurd in third round. Oh what will the bills do hes definetly sized up since draft day.If we sign our owen Byrd Levitry and Mckelvin after cuts im estimating at 5 mill left of cap space not really any room for Ufa.
    Where do you get $9 million.... The franchise tag number is heavily skewed by Tackles and the tag # for 2013 is 9.66 million for top 5 money for ALL Olineman.

No way Levitre gets close to that. He is aiming for 5 or 6 million at the high end.

Would you guys rather:
    a) resign levitre and have him play like he always has... or
    b) have troupe blow up and play like we all hope he does.

I know the 2 have nothing in common/to do with each other... but that question just ran through my head. Honestly... I'd rather have the 2nd thing. Especially if Levitre starts demanding big time dough thrown his way.
    -G

"I don't like the Dolphins, I don't like the Jets, I don't like the m- f- Patriots! I don't like the Browns 'cuz they start with a B! Let's go Bills Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba Bills, Let's go Bills!" -If you hear this being cheered at Bills games... I am likely the one you are hearing!

No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills.

If this made any sense, I probably wouldn't agree with it. They can't re-sign Levitre. He's far too expensive for OG. I'd rather they re-sign Rinehart on the cheap or shift a current OT inside. It's a relatively easy transition. OG is simply not a value position.

Let the process play out. Levitre would be insane to not shop himself. In fact, I would argue that any guy coming off his first year contract would be insane not to shop himself; that second contract will be the biggest you'll ever get. The market will dictate what he can get, the Bills can then decide if they want to make that investment. Plus other factors could come into play; as I understand it his girlfriend is a WNYer and wants him to stay in the area. Or he may love the new coaches and O line coach (or hate him).

Just let the process play out, and if need be your starters are Urbik and Rinehart. Not fantastic but not terrible. Or they draft a rookie that comes in and starts.

We have 20mil and probably another 10mil after cuts-

Levitre is not worth the money but his girlfriend shows great promise

xlarge.jpg

Nice, but how does the SLAMMER only have 604 posts?
    "Uh, well, listen, Bingo, we got a bucket of nose clams fresh from the sea, sweet delicious nose clams that are looking for a home, if you follow me."

Quote Originally Posted by angrycris View Post
    Nice, but how does the SLAMMER only have 604 posts?
    I sold the other 28,000 threads for 6.4 million in cash and a 2013 Lamborghini

Quote Originally Posted by THE SLAMMER View Post
    I sold the other 28,000 threads for 6.4 million.
    you received great value !

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    you received great value !
    Well, maybe I exaggerated just a little

Quote Originally Posted by THE SLAMMER View Post
    Well, maybe I exaggerated just a little
    64 dollars and a 72 gremlin?

sidenote: its impossible to not like Slammer.