Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Starting to Like This Guys at #8

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Leodis View Post
    Just sick of people on this board taking what the talking heads of ESPN say as gospel. Study some film and make your own decision. Sorry for the quick snap.
    Yeah, because I have every game tape on every player and I'm going to forget my responsibilities and watch hours and hours of game tape (not just a player's best highlights on youtube). Get real. Everyone that has some sort of life relies on the ESPN or NFL Network to see where a player is projected.
    “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” -William Ward

I prefaced my argument by saying that this kid is extremely raw. He didn't have three years to develop a relationship with his QB like an AJ Green. He also had a late first to early second round pick on the opposite side taking away some of his stats (AJ Green was the clear cut number 1). What im saying is that this guy is the most explosive player I have seen so far. He has the elite game breaking athleticism and skill that this team is dying for. If AJ Green was in this draft he'd obviously be my choice. But like every year, there is different talent at different positions. I like this guy and clearly I am not alone.
    ***IN BUDDY WE TRUST***

Playoffs or Bust!!!

"Where else would you rather be but right here, right now?" - Marv Levy

Quote Originally Posted by jk32 View Post
    If you include his 25 rushes for 308 and 3 TD's he's at 78 touches for 1086 yards and 8 TD's.

Include his special team yardage and he had 99 touches for 1858 yds and 10 TD's. That's an average of 18.78 yards/touch and a TD every 9.9 touches.

OK I'll take out the special team ydg. and he averages 15.25 yds/ touch and a TD every 8.9 touches.

Sounds like the real deal to me.

I agree, totally. Throw in all his yardage and he looks terrific. But we don't need another kick returner. We've got good ones. Don't need another running back either.

What we need is a wide receiver. And I'd like it to be one who can get open consistently, which means it should be someone who's an excellent route runner and a big strong guy. The evals on Patterson seem to say that his route-running is not great. That's a massive red flag to me. And while he's both shifty and fast, I don't see a lot of strength there, and that's what wins a lot of balls for you in the NFL.

RJ Markin had a good point saying he'd gone up against some good CBs, but you have to beat even the good ones sometimes.

Raw talent at his size, he's a rare physical freak you don't see every draft. Either side of the ball.

So much depends on his hands, route running which is raw but again will depend oh his attitude. This then goes down to serious scouting evaluation,beyond that, at this point barring additional info he could be the one difference maker needed on the Bills offense.Just a ridiculous athlete tho, next consideration should be his family and how he was raised.
    justRN: "They carted off Freddies ACL after he ripped it out for being weak."

Mark Asper: "He'd come smashing in there and make a big play and he has no emotion. He just goes back to the defensive huddle, and we had to trash talk for him. Our big line was 'Kiko Smash.' "#TheLegendOfKikoAlonzo

www.billievers.com

I don't like 1st round WRs unless they're blatantly obvious picks like Calvin Johnson, AJ Green were. Stick to QB or improving the defense. I'd rather blow some money in free agency on Bowe, at least you know what you're getting...

Quote Originally Posted by Leodis View Post
    I prefaced my argument by saying that this kid is extremely raw. He didn't have three years to develop a relationship with his QB like an AJ Green. He also had a late first to early second round pick on the opposite side taking away some of his stats (AJ Green was the clear cut number 1). What im saying is that this guy is the most explosive player I have seen so far. He has the elite game breaking athleticism and skill that this team is dying for. If AJ Green was in this draft he'd obviously be my choice. But like every year, there is different talent at different positions. I like this guy and clearly I am not alone.

You like the guy? Fair enough.

I like polished route runners. I don't want this guy at #8. That's all I'm saying.

Well, that and that in his freshman year, AJ Green had 56 catches for 963 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBillieve View Post
    I don't like 1st round WRs unless they're blatantly obvious picks like Calvin Johnson, AJ Green were. Stick to QB or improving the defense. I'd rather blow some money in free agency on Bowe, at least you know what you're getting...

I think when it's all said and done we go into free agency and try and get a starter for 2 out of 3 positions (cb,lb and wr) and what ever we don't get we target in the first round... So who knows maybe wr won't even be on our radar come April. But what I do strongly believe in is this kid CAN be a star.. Is he a slam dunk? No, of course not... He may even not look good the next 2 years as he adjusts to his 3rd offense in as many years... But I think when it's all said and done this kid becomes a star and could become a top 5 wr in this league...
    Pre Free Agency Mock Draft

1. Eric Ebron
    2. Donte Moncrief
    3. James Hurst OT UNC
    4. Andrew Jackson ILB W. Kentucky
    5. Aaron Lynch DE S Florida
    6. Isaiah Crowell RB Alabama State