Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marrone has quickly lost the momentum that was started....

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

The more familiar Marrone is with his staff the better.

Marrone can hit the ground running, his terminology doesn't need to be reworked. We don't have to wait around for 3 years for everyone to get on the same page. It's kinda why I want Nassib. No steep learning curve.

Pettine knows the AFC East and he's familiar with our defensive players. I'm excited to see this new Bills coaching staff.

I finally feel like there's been a paradigm shift.
    Adopt a Bill 2013: Kiko Alonso LB

Quote Originally Posted by Shaw66 View Post
    Virtually every head coach hires guys he's worked with before to fill many of his coaching positions.

The guy is coming in and 50+ players he's never met to deal with - he has to evaluate them, develop relationships with them, lead them. That's a tall order. It makes no sense to fill the coaching staff with 10 guys he's also never met - the HC needs to know that he has people he can't on as assistants, otherwise, he has NO ONE he can count on.

It really doesn't matter if you've never heard of the guy Marrone hires as tight ends coach, for example. You haven't heard of half of the rookies the Bills sign each year. What matters is if the coaches and the players perform, and the fact that you don't recognize names and aren't impressed with resumes really is meaningless.

exactly... Hell the Bills brought in David Lee to help Fitz and look how well that worked out (not at all). Lee was a big name so dont read to much into this...

Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    Any more of these one-liner threads with zero thought put into them will get closed.
    Something tells me that most things the op does has zero thought put into it.
    "Golden teeth and golden tones, welcome to my presence"

Quote Originally Posted by lilfaith24 View Post
    I think the OP is a football virgin thats the only excuse I can thtink for such stupidity

Savior Edwards shooting down the OP....PRICELESS!!!

I beg to differ, this season lost its momentum around week 5...
    I have no control over this charisma...

Nothing wrong with what you said. I feel somewhat the same. Liked the Pettine hire and have been disappointed with bringing all the Cuse crew over. But not surprised by it either. However, go look at the 49ers staff that Harbaugh assembled and hard to argue that it is not much more impressive.

Dont think momentum has died at all. I wonder if San Fran's message board said the same when Harbaugh started bringing in all of those Stanford guys
    One day soon the the sun will shine in snowy Buffalo and our bandwagon will run everyone over taking no passengers

Quote Originally Posted by Badanswer View Post
    The more familiar Marrone is with his staff the better.

Marrone can hit the ground running, his terminology doesn't need to be reworked. We don't have to wait around for 3 years for everyone to get on the same page. It's kinda why I want Nassib. No steep learning curve.

Pettine knows the AFC East and he's familiar with our defensive players. I'm excited to see this new Bills coaching staff.

I finally feel like there's been a paradigm shift.
    First, your sig needs an update. I love Lee too but he's not draft eligible right now. Second, this is why you hire an "NFL retread". All coaches are retreads, it's just a matter of where they come from. We got a group of SU and Jets retreads. Hoping for the best, this is a team that completely underperformed last season so I'm expecting a quick turnaround here. This shouldn't be a rebuilding project and I expect to win right away whoever the coach is. Any regression should lead to Marrone being terminated oppa Mularkey style.
    Note to Russ Brandon: Potential sells tickets in September and October, winning sells tickets in November and December.

New head coaches fill their staff with people they have experience with and who they believe in. Shocking revelations here OP.

What were Marrone's options exactly? Did you think the former Syracuse head coach was going to attract legitimate NFL assistant coaches? He scored big with the DC. The rest of these no name coaches should be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by BillsKill View Post
    Dont think momentum has died at all. I wonder if San Fran's message board said the same when Harbaugh started bringing in all of those Stanford guys
    Go look at the 49ers coaches before you say that. Not even close. He has a very diverse staff consisting of guys with tons of NFL experience mixed in with Stanford and other guys.

Seely - Tons of experience and one of the best special teams guys in the league.
    Fangio - 12 years as Def coordinator. Worked with Harbaughs brother in Balt. Was only at Stanford one year I think.
    Roman - 15 years in NFL.
    Chryst - 20 years in NFL.
    Donatell - 21 years in NFL
    Rathman - 10 years in NFL
    Salary - 20+ years in NFL

Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    Any more of these one-liner threads with zero thought put into them will get closed.
    You could have just started with this thread...
    I am not a number, I am a free robot.

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    you are the biggest nuthugging,clueless poster on this board !!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazybillsfan View Post
    After he decided to bring in Mike Pettine. This inexperienced group brought in shows that the good ole boy network is alive and well. Any thoughts?
    A coach hires people he's worked with!! More at 11!

My thoughts are that Marrone and his staff need to be given a fair shake at coaching the team. Gailey was given that opportunity and failed. Jauron likewise. I haven't heard of many coaches comfortable with going with unknown coaches when they're hired just about anywhere and at any level of football. I concur with Shaw and several other people.

so many coaching experts on here its amazing....
    Go Bills
    sec 140 row 2 all season

you cant spell suck without S.U !

Quote Originally Posted by lilfaith24 View Post
    I think the OP is a football virgin thats the only excuse I can thtink for such stupidity
    He's from Vegas nuff said
    http://boards.buffalobills.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154848&dateline=13370  34283

After he decided to bring in Mike Pettine. This inexperienced group brought in shows that the good ole boy network is alive and well. Any thoughts?
    How on earth was bringing Pettine in a bad move? The guy has no affiliation to Marrone either and certainly wasn't a former coach at Syracuse.

Also important to note that the Eagles came very close to hiring Brian Billick before getting Chip Kelly, guess who Billick said his #1 choice for DC would have been if he could have landed him....yep Pettine.

Quote Originally Posted by 54 spielman View Post
    You could have just started with this thread...
    agree...this wasn't his first...

Pettine is the only one that has said the key phrase(s):

He hates to lose and will not accept failure.

Bottom line, I like him.

Also he is in 2013 - saying - you have to disguise, Quarterbacks are too good. If you stay in one defensive alignment then your talent better be better than everyone else's - see Dave Wannstedt.