Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51

Thread: Source Site for Numbers and Figures... Cap, FA, etc.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    23,888

    Default Source Site for Numbers and Figures... Cap, FA, etc.

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    Okay as we get deeper into the off season more and more people are starting threads about moves we need to make, cap numbers, free agents, contracts, Etc however most don't have a clue what they are talking about because they don't have the accurate figures, or worse, they are trusting numbers quoted from some erroneous source.

    I think we need a central thread to get the numbers out there and get people on the same page. I am putting a few sources up here and I will update the OP as time goes on so we have the most up to date information.

    Bills Cap Space:

    $20.6M per - John Clayton - http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...t-cap-strategy
    PFT - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ents-for-2013/

    Bills Salaries this year and Cap Savings for cuts

    http://nyjetscap.com/Bills/bills2013.php
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/

    Bills Rookie Salary Cap Numbers

    http://www.overthecap.com/nfl-rookie-salary-cap.php

    Free Agent Tracker - This year I will still do my customary FA tracking thread so we can see signings and everything. That will come into March though when the list is better known.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...gency-tracker/
    http://www.footballsfuture.com/2013/fa/track.html
    http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...master-list-13

    Top Draft Prospects - There are hundreds of sites for this but NFP is one of the best. I am stealing this from Jay's thread just to keep our source list in one place. I will add other sites for this as people submit them.

    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...?sct=hp_t13_a3

    If you have any other additional reputable source sites or documents please submit them and I will put them in the OP.
    Last edited by MR8; 02-22-2013 at 02:24 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    23,888

    Default

    Bump........... Yup Self-gratification

    Typical that on these boards people don't want actual fact and figures, they'd rather just tell people why they are smarter than them

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    15,851

    Default

    Bills spend in cash to cap.. ESPN etc cap #s don't mean squat.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Wild, Wild West
    Posts
    50,523

    Default

    This is a great idea. Thx.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bill: Da'Norris Searcy

    Thanks to -realfan- for the beautiful tribute:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wquq4DTbC9E

    Twitter @wyobilzfan



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    29,951

    Default

    Thanks, Moorman.

    He has all the QBs ranked below the top 32, which would suggest that the QBs won't start going in the draft until maybe the middle of the first round. This might be the year to trade back in the first round, pick up a QB there and get an extra player in the second round.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kenmore
    Posts
    32,260

    Default

    Thanks MR8
    Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut25 View Post
    note to self, never fly with jimbo if you want to have luck enough to actually get to where you're going.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Wild, Wild West
    Posts
    50,523

    Default

    FCOL, Jimbo... that avatar HAS TO GO!!!!


    2014 Adopt-A-Bill: Da'Norris Searcy

    Thanks to -realfan- for the beautiful tribute:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wquq4DTbC9E

    Twitter @wyobilzfan



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kenmore
    Posts
    32,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    FCOL, Jimbo... that avatar HAS TO GO!!!!


    6 more days.
    Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut25 View Post
    note to self, never fly with jimbo if you want to have luck enough to actually get to where you're going.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    40,084

    Default

    The best free agent tracker, also has grades for all free agents.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...gency-tracker/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    23,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBills4Life View Post
    The best free agent tracker, also has grades for all free agents.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...gency-tracker/
    I added it to the list. Thanks for the suggestion, I haven't looked at that one before.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    23,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PABillsFan23 View Post
    Bills spend in cash to cap.. ESPN etc cap #s don't mean squat.
    Thanks for the input, doesn't mean people on here won't be discussing the cap, and I prefer people to discuss with the facts instead of just guessing or making it up.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoormanRules8 View Post
    Thanks for the input, doesn't mean people on here won't be discussing the cap, and I prefer people to discuss with the facts instead of just guessing or making it up.
    I read that the Bills are no longer strictly adhering to cash-to-cap accounting since some point last year. I'm sure they factor in long term health of the team financials and don't mortgage the future too much, but I don't think the team will ignore the overall impact on the cap in favor of just monitoring cash flows to the players. My gut feeling is that we will be closer to the cap than we were in past years under a strict cash to cap, but somebody can correct me If I'm wrong.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    40,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PABillsFan23 View Post
    Bills spend in cash to cap.. ESPN etc cap #s don't mean squat.
    Quick quiz: Take a wild guess as to which owner is actually spending nearly $167 million in committed cash in 2012? Here's a hint -- Dan Snyder, Jerry Jones and Paul Allen aren't anywhere close.



    Answer: Tom Benson. Yep, in the year of "Bountygate" and with all the tumult the Saints have been through, including fines and suspended coaches, New Orleans is spending a third over the cap ($40M-plus over), and nearly $30 million more than the next-highest team.

    Quiz No. 2: Go ahead and guess which owner is second behind Benson. Hint: It's someone else, like Benson, who for years was labeled as being too frugal for his own good.

    Answer: None other than Ralph Wilson. Yes, two guys who have been the subject of speculation in the past about franchise relocation are spending more than anyone else in the billionaires club of NFL owners. Whodathunk it?
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...-who-you-think

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    THE Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    30,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoormanRules8 View Post
    Okay as we get deeper into the off season more and more people are starting threads about moves we need to make, cap numbers, free agents, contracts, Etc however most don't have a clue what they are talking about because they don't have the accurate figures, or worse, they are trusting numbers quoted from some erroneous source.

    I think we need a central thread to get the numbers out there and get people on the same page. I am putting a few sources up here and I will update the OP as time goes on so we have the most up to date information.

    Bills Cap Space:

    $20.6M per - John Clayton - http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...t-cap-strategy

    Bills Salaries this year and Cap Savings for cuts

    http://nyjetscap.com/Bills/bills2013.php
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/

    Free Agent Tracker - This year I will still do my customary FA tracking thread so we can see signings and everything. That will come into March though when the list is better known.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...gency-tracker/
    http://www.footballsfuture.com/2013/fa/track.html - There is a better one which is updated on Rotoworld which I like but it hasn't been complied yet. I will change this like when it is.

    Top Draft Prospects - There are hundreds of sites for this but NFP is one of the best. I am stealing this from Jay's thread just to keep our source list in one place. I will add other sites for this as people submit them.
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...?sct=hp_t13_a3

    If you have any other additional reputable source sites or documents please submit them and I will put them in the OP.
    Good idea Moormy. Especially since you took from my thread.
    These words were written:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampten View Post
    Call me crazy, but I'd trade Watkins for our first and their (Cleveland) 1st next year.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaw66 View Post
    Thanks, Moorman.

    He has all the QBs ranked below the top 32, which would suggest that the QBs won't start going in the draft until maybe the middle of the first round. This might be the year to trade back in the first round, pick up a QB there and get an extra player in the second round.
    This could be one of the more interesting drafts in the last few years if the top of the first round isn't a QB scramble.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    23,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayryp80 View Post
    Good idea Moormy. Especially since you took from my thread.
    If I am looking to be credible I must take from the best available!

    Quote Originally Posted by caffeine addict View Post
    This could be one of the more interesting drafts in the last few years if the top of the first round isn't a QB scramble.
    It will be interesting to see if some of the top teams do move out of the top 10 because they don't want to draft a QB that high, but they want to get their QB later, and teams further down that have QBs want to get some of the top defensive talent.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    16,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBills4Life View Post
    The best free agent tracker, also has grades for all free agents.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...gency-tracker/
    Boy I dont know about some of those rankings, Levitre is ranked higher than Wes Welker, Kyle Moore is our lowest rated FA.

    Donnie Jones the punter for the Texans is worth almost 3 times what Welker is worth, downright absurd.
    Last edited by DarylLamonica; 01-16-2013 at 04:09 PM.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    23,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarylLamonica View Post
    Boy I dont know about some of those rankings, Levitre is ranked higher than Wes Welker, Kyle Moore is our lowest rated FA.

    Donnie Jones the punter for the Texans is worth almost 3 times what Welker is worth, downright absurd.
    I think the rankings are supposed to be looked at Siloed.... Welker is the best WR on the market and Jones is the best punter. Rated against similar position players the rankings matter, but not across positions. You aren't going to say "well we need a WR, but this punter is rated higher so lets sign him instead."

    Though I must admit I don't get the rankings myself, I am just trying to logically break out how it is done.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,319

    Default

    then how do you explain that they were #3 in the NFL in cash spent in the NFL last year?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,736

    Default

    Wheres waltersfootball?





    YEAH!! I got one right! lol




    7. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •