Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barkley threw 6 Td's against Marrone's SU defense

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by HappeninNow View Post
    Barkley's ceiling is Carson Palmer.

No Thanks.

Sign Alex White and Draft Nassib in the 2nd. ILB in the first.

Other than playing in the same school how in the world would you know what Matt Barkley's ceiling is? What are your credentials to make such and accusation?

Quote Originally Posted by teef View Post
    I don't think I'd be upset, but I really haven't seen him play enough to make me happy about it either. I really have no choice but to trust obd on the qb pick. If they pick wrong, I might turn into one of the board negatives.
    You don't have to be negative... just a doubter

Similar to an abused wife... every time the husband has a few scotches, she braces for a smack
    I don't give my opinion, I administer it

Can't wait for the "buffalo series" where Toronto plays one game a year at the Ralph ?

"Peace be with you, my brothers, and also with backup Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller." - Ruxin (The League)

Quote Originally Posted by 54 spielman View Post
    Would be happy with Barkley at #8.
    I'm with ya.
    Adonis DNA........Fire breathing fists....

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    Yet it was still better than probably 80% of the offensive lines in college football...
    Not even close.....there Oline was putrid.
    Adonis DNA........Fire breathing fists....

Quote Originally Posted by BornBillfan View Post
    You don't have to be negative... just a doubter

Similar to an abused wife... every time the husband has a few scotches, she braces for a smack
    if this was a pamphlet, i'd continue to read. maybe look for a wed address.
    "Golden teeth and golden tones, welcome to my presence"

Quote Originally Posted by sechristbmw View Post
    jrober38,

I don't know what the plan should be in the draft.

I agree that we can't pick a QB at #8, but a WR? Patterson looks like a rocket and I don't argue his is a playmaker.

But we don't have a viable defense at all.

31st against the run, but the big down fall - no physicality, can't get off the field on 3rd down. Still can't cover a Tight End to save their lives. Even when the Bills D is playing well, you get the feeling they are just hanging on. It felt like that against Miami at home. If Tannehill hit a few of those throws, the Dolphins score TDs and possibly beat the Bills.

I just feel like we have nothing on defense whatsoever.

Literally who are you anchor players?
    Mario
    K.Williams
    Gilmore
    Byrd

That's about it. No linebackers or depth there, maybe you could Dareus on the DLine, but that's on his draft status, not his output. Nobody else in the secondary.
    The Bills need play makers above all else.

Although our linebackers are terrible, if we've got a chance to draft a Demaryius Thomas type receiver, I'm not sure I'd pass that up. There will still be plenty of impact linebackers available in round 2 for us to pick, however there won't be any 6'3, 205 WRs with 4.3 speed who can actually catch and make plays.

As we've said before, our roster still resembles Swiss Cheese. Although we need a QB and LBs badly, there are still very few positions where we can consider ourselves totally set.

We need to go BPA in round 1, and I seriously believe that might be Patterson.

Being a USC Alum and living in Southern Cal, I have to agree that the ONLY quarterback that makes sense at #8 from a resume standpoint is Barkley. He was a top 10 player coming out of high school and set virtually EVERY passing record in a major conference. He was also the only freshman to EVER start at QB for USC. The guy is a winner, and a class act.

But....he does have flaws, as do ALL of the others in this year's class. So again, if the Bills take a QB at #8 it really has to be Barkley. And while I am still not saying they should, I really would not fault them for it.

barkley is so overhyped i just dont understand y anyone would want this future failure at #8?!?! he will be at BEST average and thas literally in the BEST CASE SCENERIO, or just another mark sanchez, or matt leinart.. they all suck in my opinion..

I would love Barkley at 8. He and Tyler Wilson are my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    Yet it was still better than probably 80% of the offensive lines in college football...
    I'd say you were less informed than probably 80% of the world when it comes to this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by bonethugz83 View Post
    barkley is so overhyped i just dont understand y anyone would want this future failure at #8?!?! he will be at BEST average and thas literally in the BEST CASE SCENERIO, or just another mark sanchez, or matt leinart.. they all suck in my opinion..
    I really don't see that as the best case scenario lollll. Perhaps its a likely scenario, but best? Let's not be a homer now. That said, our LB's are defintely are weak point outside of QB..if we feel Nassib or Wilson will be there in the 2nd, then i say we address the defensive side of the ball before we take a stab at a QB. If we REALLY want a QB answer however, and we need it this year, through the draft, then i wouldnt be opposed to a similar route to Washinton last year, and select 1 in the 1st and one in the 2nd or 3rd to ensure ourselves we have one who can adapt to the NFL and or step in to the role if the other fails. We have far too many holes to do something like that though, and we'd definitely need to make a trade to retain another pick or two. Plus Bills nation would run off a cliff LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanDaMan View Post
    I think we have more playmakers than Syracuse though, we will be okay.
    What? How dare you disrespect Syracuse football! Do you even watch football, because you obviously don't know anything about the college game. SU set a record for most points scored in the Pinstripe Bowl this year and, OK, only two teams played in the Pinstripe Bowl this year but they did score the most points - look it up!

You don't set records like that without phenomenal coaching and talent.
    Note to Russ Brandon: Potential sells tickets in September and October, winning sells tickets in November and December.

He's also coming off a serious shoulder injury and had some of the best talent in the country, finished 7-6, and someone on the team called out his leadership and willing to play hurt in the locker room. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sechristbmw View Post
    jrober38,

I don't know what the plan should be in the draft.

I agree that we can't pick a QB at #8, but a WR? Patterson looks like a rocket and I don't argue his is a playmaker.

But we don't have a viable defense at all.

31st against the run, but the big down fall - no physicality, can't get off the field on 3rd down. Still can't cover a Tight End to save their lives. Even when the Bills D is playing well, you get the feeling they are just hanging on. It felt like that against Miami at home. If Tannehill hit a few of those throws, the Dolphins score TDs and possibly beat the Bills.

I just feel like we have nothing on defense whatsoever.

Literally who are you anchor players?
    Mario
    K.Williams
    Gilmore
    Byrd

That's about it. No linebackers or depth there, maybe you could Dareus on the DLine, but that's on his draft status, not his output. Nobody else in the secondary.

The defense will be fine.

Separate out the games after the bye. Look at their YPA stats, their yards per game, their points per game. All average. Yeah, they were out of this world awful the first half, but not bad at all the last nine games. And in those nine games they played some terrific offenses, the Texans, the Pats*, the Colts and the Seahawks.

Once they had a bit of time to figure out the scheme and which gaps to cover on which plays they started to improve a lot. And considering six out of 11 starters were rookies or sophs, things look good. Young guys often improve a lot.

I'm starting to warm up to Barkley also. It's not his fault his college head coach was atrocious.

I still think he's the best QB in the draft. Hopefully Arizona won't snag him one pick in front of us. Which will probably happen as always.

Having top 10 recruiting classes isnt everything. They have to develop. Watch some usc games. Standford completely man handled usc line and standford doesnt have 5 star recruits.

your comparing apples to oranges.

you cant compare the 2 teams. its like comparing a nfl team to a collage team.

Barkley should have thrown 6 TD's against siracuse,thats no big deal.

dont want Barkley,period.

Quote Originally Posted by bonethugz83 View Post
    Why does everyone insist on comparing USC QBs to each other? It's such lazy analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post
    The defense will be fine.

Separate out the games after the bye. Look at their YPA stats, their yards per game, their points per game. All average. Yeah, they were out of this world awful the first half, but not bad at all the last nine games. And in those nine games they played some terrific offenses, the Texans, the Pats*, the Colts and the Seahawks.

Once they had a bit of time to figure out the scheme and which gaps to cover on which plays they started to improve a lot. And considering six out of 11 starters were rookies or sophs, things look good. Young guys often improve a lot.
    Or they improved because they played nothing but terrible offenses the entire second half of the season...

Defense is a massive problem:
    - arguably worst LBs in the NFL
    - no #2 CB, constant liability at Nickel Back
    - liability at SS
    - no depth. Anywhere...