Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o GF..the real story

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

This story may have absolutely no bearing on his success as a pro, but I can remember hearing him talk during an interview at one of ND's basketball games a few week's back and thinking this guy doesn't sound too smart. All I have are his stats and awards to go off of as well as the hype, but he came across as the stereotypical dumb jock from that interview. I hope all the Teo supporters know him all the way around from a fans' standpoint.

He got catfished!

Quote Originally Posted by homeskillitmoorman View Post
    Te'o himself and his father have both claimed to have met her both after games and in Hawaii. And we're also supposed to believe he didn't go to her wake or funeral when he thought this was all real?

The excuses are all garbage. We all know Te'o as a football player was exposed for what he truly is in the title game...and more importantly Te'o as a person was exposed for what he truly is today.
    Yeah, the "Catfish" excuse doesn't fly. That may fool old people who don't know crap about the internet but to me it's obvious Te'o and his family were in on it. The guy claimed to have met her and also talked to her for hours as she lay dying? No-one asked for photos or videos from the services, seeing as Manti couldn't attend? I suppose they have to produce 1 female hoaxster and at least several other hoaxsters who posed as the girl's family/friends, for them to come out looking clean. He's not just some guy, he's one of the top college players in the country and probably already the source of a lot of strange fan attention/mail/death threats. The South Bend papers and the national media published too much very specific information about this girl and her family and it looks like the only source of this was Te'o and his relatives themselves.
    It looks like this Tuiasosopo guy and Te'o were using the persona as a cover for their own "purposes" and the lie spiraled out of control.

I think the producers of Catfish are actually behind the whole thing...

brilliant

Anyone that "Falls in LOVE" with a girl that he has never met in person and only talked to on the computer and then calls her his girlfriend is DEFINITELY not the guy I want to play Middle Line Backer on my team.

Either way I say ~ NO to Te'o

From:http://articles.southbendtribune.com...ish-head-coach

And Manti Te'o is convinced the beautiful stranger will be watching too Saturday, somehow.

Lennay Kekua was a Stanford student and Cardinal football fan when the two exchanged glances, handshakes and phone numbers that fateful weekend three seasons ago.

She was gifted in music, multi-lingual, had dreams grounded in reality and the talent to catch up to them.

The plan was for Kekua to spend extensive time with the whole Te'o family when upwards of 40 of them came to South Bend in mid-November for ND's Senior Day date with Wake Forest.

"They started out as just friends," Brian Te'o said. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple.

"And we came to the realization that she could be our daughter-in-law. Sadly, it won't happen now."
    Kekua, who eventually graduated from Stanford, was, in fact, doing so well that she was released from the hospital on Sept. 10. And Brian Te'o was among those congratulating her via telephone.
    So all this went on from 2009-2012 and noone from the Teos ever had anything to do with it, nor got suspicious? Like I say, the "Catfish" excuse won't fly.

Having a Count of Monte Christo tweet, the day the deadspin article is published, doesn't help his stance either.
    "One man's garbage is another man person's good ungarbage"

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline View Post
    His father said she visited them in Hawaii and now they are saying she never met him. They got caught lying is what it is, it doesnt add up. It looks like they wanted attention and made up a story of a girl that doesnt even exist.
    No one knows ANYTHING concrete yet. Just like Manti is playing the PR game, so is the "Girlfriend". There is Manti's version and the"Girlfriends" version. And then there is the truth. I know you are not a ND fan, but he should still get a chance for the TRUE facts to come out, either way, before he is crucified. Its like you hated the guy and were waiting on something to happen so you could jump on it. If he did it, I agree with you. But you acting like you have the facts, or more facts than anyone else shows ignorance. IMO.
    Don't feed the Trolls! Join the movement started by Tates!

Quote Originally Posted by teef View Post
    what the hell is going on here? is mykidsdad getting everyone all worked up?
    Don't say his name he might show up and start posting.

Quote Originally Posted by billsfan7834 View Post
    No one knows ANYTHING concrete yet. Just like Manti is playing the PR game, so is the "Girlfriend". There is Manti's version and the"Girlfriends" version. And then there is the truth. I know you are not a ND fan, but he should still get a chance for the TRUE facts to come out, either way, before he is crucified. Its like you hated the guy and were waiting on something to happen so you could jump on it. If he did it, I agree with you. But you acting like you have the facts, or more facts than anyone else shows ignorance. IMO.
    Have you read the deadspin article? Pretty incriminating...

Quote Originally Posted by noah View Post
    Have you read the deadspin article? Pretty incriminating...
    Do I think he is innocent? NO. Do I think he is guilty? NO. I think that he was catfished, found out about it, and said nothing in hopes of it affecting his Heisman status. The FACTS are that the article is incriminating both ways. To put total blame on Te'o before ANY sort of investigation has been started or concluded is wrong, IMO. I don't want him at 8, so don't get me twisted, I just know what it's like to be innocent and still convicted anyways so I choose to wait and see before I make public comments about a man I don't know.
    Don't feed the Trolls! Join the movement started by Tates!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
    Anyone that "Falls in LOVE" with a girl that he has never met in person and only talked to on the computer and then calls her his girlfriend is DEFINITELY not the guy I want to play Middle Line Backer on my team.

Either way I say ~ NO to Te'o
    Well when you put it that way I don't either. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by shaunta53 View Post
    SURE...

I'm sure the hype it generated for his Heisman campaign had nothing to do with this and he's the victim...

His dad and family are all nutjobs who tried to lead a boycott against a newspaper because of a picture of him on the ground during the Alabama game...

Te'o apologists just need to shut up and bend over and take the fact that their Samoan Knight is a sham...
    You mad bro? **** shaunta tell me how you really feel.

Adopt-A-Bill 2014-2015 Cyrus Kouandjio

We will not go quietly.

Someplace that you'd rather be. Right here, right now.

Quote Originally Posted by lovethosebills View Post
    Yeah, maybe at this point we need to break out the popcorn and just take in more of the story as it develops in the media...

Quote Originally Posted by LeDee View Post
    Yeah, maybe at this point we need to break out the popcorn and just take in more of the story as it develops in the media...
    Yeah, but the best part of this story is what the traditional media hasn't done. Deadspin ate everyone's lunch and one of the two main reporters in the story starts his last semester of COLLEGE tomorrow (Jack Dickey). He did this story on winter break.

I love the media

Someplace that you'd rather be. Right here, right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ledee View Post
    hahaha!!

Quote Originally Posted by bledsuck View Post
    Yeah, but the best part of this story is what the traditional media hasn't done. Deadspin ate everyone's lunch and one of the two main reporters in the story starts his last semester of COLLEGE tomorrow (Jack Dickey). He did this story on winter break.
    His name is Jack Dickey. More like Peter Puffer

Quote Originally Posted by shaunta53 View Post
    SURE...

I'm sure the hype it generated for his Heisman campaign had nothing to do with this and he's the victim...

His dad and family are all nutjobs who tried to lead a boycott against a newspaper because of a picture of him on the ground during the Alabama game...

Te'o apologists just need to shut up and bend over and take the fact that their Samoan Knight is a sham...
    haha. I like when grown ups overreact to stuff like the kids in the main forum. I know I do it all the time.

Te'o fans are the worst. I mean how could anyone ever have rooted for him? Amirite guys?