Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: name a qb that you dont want and why

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I cant speak as to whom I do not want. Mainly because I have not seen enough of a lot of the guys outside of youTube. I fore one refuse to call youTube as "film." I would however be able to say in order I would like
    Barkley
    Wilson
    Dysert
    I LOVE ME SOME ME
    Adopt a Bill 2012- Cordy Glenn
    Adopt a Bill 2013- Mario Williams
    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Emerson

Mock 3/16
    1) Mike Evans WR, A&M
    2) Jace Amaro TE, Texas Tech
    3) Anthony Johnson DT, LSU
    4) Billy Turner OT, North Dakota State
    5) Michael Sam DE, Missouri

Quote Originally Posted by boombalonga View Post
    Tyler Bray because I just watched him play against Georgia for 3 minutes and it was not very good.
    Other than Bray I'm open to any of the QB's because you never know. Bray melted down in the games I watched. He did look bad in the Georgia game. That being said he could develop maturity and with proper coaching he seems to have the right skills to be able to succeed. Every QB has a bad day and Tennessee was not a powerhouse this year so I didn't catch but two of their games. I can't even remember who the other game was with, possibly Vandy. I would not want him before 4th preferably the 5th rd.
    Adopt a Bill: Nigel Bradham

Quote Originally Posted by rjmarkin View Post
    Things like this show you have no football knowledge give facts... Not "I don't like him"
    OK, he's immobile, awful under pressure, has never been a winner, too little starting time, overall unimpressive ball placement .. nothing here to like now spelled out for you.

Barkley. Don't get me wrong, he could some day become a good NFL player, but I think he's a lot less NFL ready than people seem to believe. He's always been on a high powered offense with great receivers, especially this year with Lee, and he rarely has to make the throws that will be required of him in the NFL. He's got good physical tools but not exemplary ones, and just doesn't do enough stuff great for me to believe that he can join the Bills and not need a lot of coaching.
    Buffalo Crossing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibhappy View Post
    On the final point, so what. If brains, were so important, why does the Ivy League produce so few NFL quarterbacks?

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    Franchise QBs don't grow on trees.

It's about time people started to realize there's a ton of risk involved when picking players at that position.

50% of 1st rounders work out. 15% of second rounders work out. Everyone else is a total crap shoot.

If you want to roll the dice, fine. I'd prefer to wait for an elite prospect to come around who is a much better bet than 50-50 to work out.
    Less risk than in the past with the rookie salary cap being what it is. If a 1st round QB doesn't work out nowadays, you can just reload a few years down the road if he doesn't work out and it won't set you back a whole lot.

Are you saying Fitz is our best option to get into the playoffs this year? Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by whorlnut View Post
    Where was Brett Favre, Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, etc. "projected"? Projections can not measure someone's career. It's all about the work one puts in that makes their career a success or not. I promise you that someone like Matt Barkley will put that work in. He is the type of player that you want on your team.
    Excellent post in response to someone who apparently wants to remain in mediocrity. Fear of pulling the trigger will never get this team over the hump.

Nassib=Fitzpatrick on deep balls. 'Nuff said.
    11/6/12-The day the music died.

EJ Manuel, the guys screams bust to me. I hope we dont fall victim to any "workout warriors" this draft.
    Adopt a Bill 2009 - Shawn Nelson
    Adopt a Bill 2010 - Torrell Troup
    Adopt a Bill 2011 - Athur Moats

Quote Originally Posted by transplantbillsfan View Post
    Less risk than in the past with the rookie salary cap being what it is. If a 1st round QB doesn't work out nowadays, you can just reload a few years down the road if he doesn't work out and it won't set you back a whole lot.

Are you saying Fitz is our best option to get into the playoffs this year? Interesting...
    Fitzpatrick sucks.

And there's less financial risk, but there's still tons of risk.

If you take a 2nd round QB talent in round 1 and they don't work out, you give up the opportunity to draft an impact player at another position.

This team still has a ton of holes which is why we need to go BPA in round 1. We need play makers if we ever want to get to the playoffs.

Matt Barkley

small hands, fishy storylines surround USC all season, and despite my best efforts not to lump him in with the crowd it is still hard to get past the whole USC QB's end up being busts in the NFL.

Anyone else I'm open to.
    Goonies Never Say Die
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Cordy "The Tank" Glenn

2013 BBMB NFL Season Pickem

Quote Originally Posted by Nico3 View Post
    EJ Manuel, the guys screams bust to me. I hope we dont fall victim to any "workout warriors" this draft.
    Well its hard to be a bust if he ends up being taken in the 3rd-4th rounds like hes graded out to..
    Goonies Never Say Die

Also, to the OP, wheres the poal?
    Goonies Never Say Die

mike glennon, the most over-hyped and over-rated qb in this draft. i watch alot of college ball and this kid has not impressed me even a little so the manlove for this kid on this board just baffles me because under pressure and in big game situations, he is pickspatrick 2.0 !

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    Fitzpatrick sucks.

And there's less financial risk, but there's still tons of risk.

If you take a 2nd round QB talent in round 1 and they don't work out, you give up the opportunity to draft an impact player at another position.

This team still has a ton of holes which is why we need to go BPA in round 1. We need play makers if we ever want to get to the playoffs.
    So answer the question and stop being so cryptic. What do you want to happen at the QB position for the team this year?

Quote Originally Posted by rjmarkin View Post
    Things like this show you have no football knowledge give facts... Not "I don't like him"
    He did not say that - he said he did not like anything about Glennon. I took that to mean he did not like his arm, his mobility, his decision making - update - just saw his response

The guys that are off my board are:

Glennon and Dysert as their good traits cannot compensate for their lack of mobility - their ceiling is Nick Foles, who cannot dodge a pass rush to save his life, or a drive. When it comes to mobility, Fitz is the floor, Luck is the standard and Kaepernick/RGIII the ceiling. If you are not mobile, you must have a Marino release, Brady accuracy and/or Big Ben stature and strength. Don't see it in these guys.

I am on the fence with Nassib - I had him off my board but I am waiting to see more of him at the Senior bowl and combine - if he reinforces my vision of him as a immobile, nonathletic guy, than he is back off the board. Maybe they are homers but enough folks are saying he is ok in that department, I am going to give him a shot, as to be honest with you I have not followed him much until Marrone was named HC. First impressions were not good.

Every single QB in this draft is flawed but other than the two I mentioned above, you can make a case for them - not at 8, but somewhere in the draft.
    Coming soon - my wish list for 2014

Gaffney is my sleeper pick

I don't want any of the QBs in the draft. Look, we all know that Fitzpatrick doesn't like competition. There's no reason why we should make our star player feel uncomfortable.