Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warmack to replace Levitre?

Default Warmack to replace Levitre?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

If the premier defenders are off the board, i.e. Jones, Moore, Werner, Milliner, etc. the best value at #8 could surprisingly be Warmack. Not only is he possibly the safest pick in the draft, next to Joeckel, but he could fit a need if Levitre walks in UFA. I'd rather take Warmack than reach for a QB, WR, or tweener LB.

I'd rather resign a good player and not create a hole to fill.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    Bottom line, I basically don't like you
    <3

I love lineman and Warmack is going to be a **** good guard in the NFL but not at #8...

If he's there in the 20's and they want to jump up to get him, go for it! Just don't see the value of taking him at #8...

If Levitre does walk, I would think they look at guys like Brandon Moore (NYJ) or Doug Legursky (Pittsburgh) to replace him. Moore especially because he has a good history with Marrone...

and this is a perfect example of spinning your wheels in the mud
    No Expectations

2014 NFL Draft:
    1) Jake Matthews (OT, Texas A&M)
    2) Troy Niklas (TE, Notre Dame)
    3) Pierre Desir (CB, Lindenwood)
    4) Cyril Richardson (C/G, Baylor)
    5) Aaron Lynch (DE, South Florida)
    6) Mike Williams (WR, Tampy Bay)
    7) Colt Lyerla (TE, Oregon)

Quote Originally Posted by D'love View Post
    This. And taking a guard at 8 is a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by D'love View Post
    Not only would Warmack be an immediate upgrade over Levitre at LG, but he would also be potentially ~$4M per year cheaper. I get the idea of limited value at the position. But if the choice becomes safe pick or reach, I take Warmack.

If the Bills lost Levitre and somehow managed to:

-Sign Byrd
    -Sign Matt Moore
    -Sign Bowe or Wallace
    -Sign Anthony Spencer/Paul Kruger

Then go ahead and draft Warmack.

However with the needs at QB/WR/OLB I just don't see how they can justify taking Warmack at 8 unless all of those area's are addressed with legitimate options in UFA or trade.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunta53 View Post
    If the Bills lost Levitre and somehow managed to:

-Sign Byrd
    -Sign Matt Moore
    -Sign Bowe or Wallace
    -Sign Anthony Spencer/Paul Kruger

Then go ahead and draft Warmack.

However with the needs at QB/WR/OLB I just don't see how they can justify taking Warmack at 8 unless all of those area's are addressed with legitimate options in UFA or trade.
    Of those positions, who are you interested in at #8? In theory, I agree that the Bills have much greater needs than LG. However, I don't see good value at #8 unless a player like Jones or Milliner slides.

thats like treading water.

you get rid of our best young,expiranced lineman for a question mark. your spinnig your tires in the mud.

how about we sign Livitre and then @ #8 we draft a LB or DB and help our team get better.

sounds like a no brainer to me!

Warmack is arguably the best lineman in the draft and might very well be the best pick on the board at #8. If the Bills re-sign Andy I'm still not opposed to the Bills drafting Warmack. He'll be a perennial pro bowler and would be a significant upgrade at either center or guard. Let's not forget that our starting center, much as I love Eric, has had some health issues.

Free agency will determine what the Bills do in the draft.

Guards are not that valuable...if LeVitre walks, draft one in the second or third round to replace him.

Forget Warmack in the top half of the draft...not happening.
    Quote from FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills "Signing Mario Williams to a 100 million dollar deal would be the biggest mistake in Bills franchise history."

Quote from Kingtut420 "Somewhere a small child gets eaten by wild lions every time mykidsdad posts on this message board."

As long as Nix is still the guy pulling the trigger, no way this happens IMO. I think he would sooner draft a tackle and give Hairston a go at OG.
    Before you die Lonestar, there is something you should know... I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate.

You know why the Bills have been at the bottom of the league for so Long? It's because they have been chasing their tail too many times as they let players walk only to draft their replacement the very next year. This trend has to stop and the Bills need to do whatever it takes to stop the madness.....RBs, DBs, Ss, etc......

Quote Originally Posted by oak tree 12 View Post
    thats like treading water.

you get rid of our best young,expiranced lineman for a question mark. your spinnig your tires in the mud.

how about we sign Livitre and then @ #8 we draft a LB or DB and help our team get better.

sounds like a no brainer to me!
    Who's getting rid of anybody? Levitre is a UFA who could demand around $7M per year. He looks as good as gone at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulCrusher View Post
    Guards are not that valuable...if LeVitre walks, draft one in the second or third round to replace him.

Forget Warmack in the top half of the draft...not happening.
    Brandon Moore will likely be a Bill if Levitre leaves...

Quote Originally Posted by shaunta53 View Post
    Brandon Moore will likely be a Bill if Levitre leaves...
    Wouldn't mind it at all.

If Levitre wants anything over 5-6/year 15-20 guaranteed, then the Bills should let him go.
    Quote from FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills "Signing Mario Williams to a 100 million dollar deal would be the biggest mistake in Bills franchise history."

Quote from Kingtut420 "Somewhere a small child gets eaten by wild lions every time mykidsdad posts on this message board."

Quote Originally Posted by SoulCrusher View Post
    Wouldn't mind it at all.

If Levitre wants anything over 5-6/year 15-20 guaranteed, then the Bills should let him go.
    Agree...

Don't get me wrong, I like him a lot and want him back. However if he's looking for Mankins/Nicks type money forget it...

I don't understand the people that say taking a guard at 8 is a bad idea. I don't follow much college ball but if a player is viewed as being one of the best at his position for 10-15 years, why not draft him at the eight spot. "he is just a guard" mentality doesn't make sense, a good guard can improve a run game and a passing game. Yes i think that we should resign levitre but who knows if we do or not. If there is a player that the FO thinks is going to be a great player at the position then they should take them regardless of position.
    get fitz some weapons and he will be a pro bowl QB

Quote Originally Posted by Fitziztheman View Post
    I don't understand the people that say taking a guard at 8 is a bad idea. I don't follow much college ball but if a player is viewed as being one of the best at his position for 10-15 years, why not draft him at the eight spot. "he is just a guard" mentality doesn't make sense, a good guard can improve a run game and a passing game. Yes i think that we should resign levitre but who knows if we do or not. If there is a player that the FO thinks is going to be a great player at the position then they should take them regardless of position.
    Like anyone can take your opinion seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by Fitziztheman View Post
    If you're a team that just had a bad year go ahead and take a guard at #8...

However if you're a team with no legitimate QB, only one starting WR, horrible LBers and only one starting CB there's no way in hell you take a guard at #8...