Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame's Manti Te'o May Lose Millions On NFL Draft Day Due To Girlfriend Hoax

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I'll repost what I just put up in the non-bills forum:

Here is another one for you Cribbs: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...2_a2&eref=sihp

SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) Not once but twice after he supposedly discovered his online girlfriend of three years never even existed, Notre Dame All-American linebacker Manti Te'o perpetuated the heartbreaking story about her death.An Associated Press review of news coverage found that the Heisman Trophy runner-up talked about his doomed love in a Web interview on Dec. 8 and again in a newspaper interview published Dec. 11. He and the university said Wednesday that he learned on Dec. 6 that it was all a hoax, that not only wasn't she dead, she wasn't real.
    On Thursday, a day after Te'o's inspiring, playing-through-heartache story was exposed as a bizarre lie, Te'o and Notre Dame faced questions from sports writers and fans about whether he really was duped, as he claimed, or whether he and the university were complicit in the hoax and misled the public, perhaps to improve his chances of winning the Heisman.
    Yahoo sports columnist Dan Wetzel said the case has "left everyone wondering whether this was really the case of a naive football player done wrong by friends or a fabrication that has yet to play to its conclusion."
    Gregg Doyel, national columnist for CBSSports.com, was more direct.
    "Nothing about this story has been comprehensible, or logical, and that extends to what happens next," he wrote. "I cannot comprehend Manti Te'o saying anything that could make me believe he was a victim."
    On Wednesday, Te'o and Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick said the player was drawn into a virtual romance with a woman who used the phony name Lennay Kekua, and was fooled into believing she died of leukemia in September. They said his only contact with the woman was via the Internet and telephone.
    Te'o also lost his grandmother - for real - the same day his girlfriend supposedly died, and his role in leading Notre Dame to its best season in decades endeared him to fans and put him at the center of college football's biggest feel-good story of the year.
    Relying on information provided by Te'o's family members, the South Bend Tribune reported in October that Te'o and Kekua first met, in person, in 2009, and that the two had also gotten together in Hawaii, where Te'o grew up.
    Sports Illustrated posted a previously unpublished transcript of a one-on-one interview with Te'o from Sept. 23. In it, he goes into great detail about his relationship with Kekua and her physical ailments. He also mentioned meeting her for the first time after a game in California.
    "We met just, ummmm, just she knew my cousin. And kind of saw me there so. Just kind of regular," he told SI.
    Among the outstanding questions Thursday: Why didn't Te'o ever clarify the nature of his relationship as the story took on a life of its own?
    Te'o's agent, Tom Condon, said the athlete had no plans to make any public statements Thursday in Bradenton, Fla., where he has been training with other NFL hopefuls at the IMG Academy.
    Notre Dame said Te'o found out that Kekua was not a real person through a phone call he received at an awards ceremony in Orlando, Fla., on Dec. 6. He told Notre Dame coaches about the situation on Dec. 26.
    The AP's media review turned up two instances during that gap when the football star mentioned Kekua in public.
    Te'o was in New York for the Heisman presentation on Dec. 8 and, during an interview before the ceremony that ran on the WSBT.com, the website for a South Bend TV station, Te'o said: "I mean, I don't like cancer at all. I lost both my grandparents and my girlfriend to cancer. So I've really tried to go to children's hospitals and see, you know, children."
    In a column that first ran in The Los Angeles Times, on Dec. 10, Te'o recounted why he played a few days after he found out Kekua died in September, and the day she was supposedly buried.
    "She made me promise, when it happened, that I would stay and play," he said on Dec. 9 while attending a ceremony in Newport Beach, Calif., for the Lott Impact Awards.
    On Wednesday, when Deadspin.com broke the story, Swarbrick said Notre Dame did not go public with its findings sooner because it expected the Te'o family to come forward first.
    Asked if the NCAA was monitoring the Te'o story for possible rules violations, NCAA President Mark Emmert said:
    "We don't know anything more than you do," he told reporters at the organization's convention in Dallas. "We're learning about this through the stories just the same as you are. But we have to wait and see what really transpired there. It's obviously (a) very disturbing story and it's hard to tell where the facts lie at this point.
    "But Notre Dame is obviously looking into it and there will be a lot more to come forward. Right now, it just looks ... well, we don't know what the facts are, so I shouldn't comment beyond that."
    Reporters were turned away at the main gate of IMG's sprawling, secure complex. Te'o remained on the grounds, said a person familiar with situation who spoke on condition of anonymity because neither Te'o nor IMG authorized the release of the information.
    "This whole thing is so nutsy that I believe it only could have happened at Notre Dame, where mythology trumps common sense on a daily basis. ... Given the choice between reality and fiction, Notre Dame always will choose fiction," sports writer Rick Telander said in the Chicago Sun-Times.
    "Which brings me to what I believe is the real reason Te'o and apparently his father, at least went along with this scheme: the Heisman Trophy.
    Chicago Tribune columnist John Kass blasted both Te'o and Notre Dame.
    "When your girlfriend dying of leukemia after suffering a car crash tells you she loves you, even if it might help you win the Heisman Trophy, you check it out," he said.
    He said the university's failure to call a news conference and go public sooner means "Notre Dame is complicit in the lie."
    "The school fell in love with the Te'o girlfriend myth," he wrote.
    "One man's garbage is another man person's good ungarbage"

Yup...like another poster said earlier....all his exits are deadends. Anyone suprised that when these lies started he moved up draftboards and everyone here wanted him? This was an attempt to deceive and steal money by not just him but all of his handlers also....and Him being gay was part of it too.

Surprised nobody has posted this yet.
    Jasper....

2013 Draft:

1. EJ Manuel - QB - Florida State
    2. Terrance Williams - WR - Baylor
    3. Darius Slay - CB - Mississippi State
    4. Vince Williams - ILB - Florida State
    5. Chris Gragg - TE - Arkansas
    6. Joe Kruger - DE - Utah

Religious nutter butter probably...
    Very likely gay. Makes a lot of sense.
    Me think he doth protested too much.

Suicide? He'd be crazy to consider that. He should just deny deny deny...
    Meh... But if he does, ill have to rearrange my big board.

I think he's just gay. to be mormom, going to a catholic school, and to be gay...yea he should just deny it

Anybody still think he was just duped?

NO. 100% NO!
    First of all - duped is a stupid word. This criminal knew exactly what was going on. I seriously think he should be banned from NFL draft.
    He makes Lance Armstrong look like a Saint. I think Manti's parents are idiots too who knew what the deal was.
    Watch his senior day youtube intro. His Mom is at centre field waiting for him. Fake all around!! They are scammers.

Actually - I hope we do draft him so I can meet him downtown and teach the punk a lesson. He's a disgrace to Humans!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo86 View Post
    If he was it was in the beginning and then he lied once the media pumped up the story. But thats a huge leap of faith, because the one fact he cannot get around was that he met her after the Stanford game. Personally I think he was lying from square one. Either way he cannot claim to be 100% innocent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnerjk View Post
    Why are you that mad about a jersey tucking?
    “As hard as it is for me to actually say this, I have to say that I am a fan of The Ohio State University,” Tim Tebow
    "Those are not at all to be tolerated who deny the being of God." John Locke

Quote Originally Posted by row_33 View Post
    You are one of the very few who refer to him as "Manny"

that implies a close worship connection

it's okay, we all remember our first beer as well
    You are delusional. I write Manny because its easier than writing "Te'o" and you claim I "worship" this kid. Perhaps you have had to many "first beers".
    “Win or lose, they’re going to know we fought. We may not win every fight, but they’re going to know they were in a fight, and that’s the kind of team we’re going to put on the field.” -- Doug Whaley, Buffalo Bills GM

Quote Originally Posted by koochdog View Post
    NO. 100% NO!
    First of all - duped is a stupid word. This criminal knew exactly what was going on. I seriously think he should be banned from NFL draft.
    He makes Lance Armstrong look like a Saint. I think Manti's parents are idiots too who knew what the deal was.
    Watch his senior day youtube intro. His Mom is at centre field waiting for him. Fake all around!! They are scammers.

Actually - I hope we do draft him so I can meet him downtown and teach the punk a lesson. He's a disgrace to Humans!!
    Lance Armstrong built a multi million dollar foundation, won 7 tour de France's, was an inspiration to cancer patients everywhere. Turns out he cheated every chance he got, he bullied people, he ruined people's lives. Not really sure how a fake
    girlfriend is worse than using all types of banned substances to make millions of dollars, and then lying about it to become a figurehead for surviving cancer...

If you say T'eo is worse, by God prove it

so he faked a story of her car crash (hit by a drunk driver) and then she discovered she had leukemia during her hospital recovery and then died 6 hours after his Grandma...

yeah, THAT"S DEFENSIBLE!!!

to the people on here who are saying this is not his fault, please stop voting and driving and doing things that are allowed for age of majority, please??

Quote Originally Posted by Big D for Big B View Post
    You are delusional. I write Manny because its easier than writing "Te'o" and you claim I "worship" this kid. Perhaps you have had to many "first beers".

i think Manny means a few things more to you than you care to admit....

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo86 View Post
    He just likes men

Quote Originally Posted by row_33 View Post
    i think Manny means a few things more to you than you care to admit....
    So you say:

"Incredibly, it seems to work, although it tastes like gin, lemons, honey and something else i cant quite seem to make out. It knocks me out immediatly...........the only drawback is that i wake up every morning with my pants down around my ankles, but my cold feels better.

Can you dig it!"

I think you are the one with a Mann Crush.
    “Win or lose, they’re going to know we fought. We may not win every fight, but they’re going to know they were in a fight, and that’s the kind of team we’re going to put on the field.” -- Doug Whaley, Buffalo Bills GM

1. This is not Bills related.

2. Who cares? The Bills were never going to draft this loser criminal thug anyway. He's a scam artist first class. Criminals don't play for the Bills...never have, never will.

A Decade of Dominance:
    Buffalo Dominates NFC in the 90s:

1990: 3-1* (*meaningless loss at Wash. wk 17 – rested starters)
    1991: 3-1* (*meaningless loss to Detroit wk 17 – rested starters)
    1992: 4-0
    1993: 4-0
    1994: 1-3
    1995: 3-1
    1996: 4-0
    1997: 1-3
    1998: 3-1
    1999: 3-1

Total: 29-11 (.725)
    NFL’s Best Inter-Conference Record of the 90s!

Note: San Francisco, which had the best overall record in the 90s, was only 26-14 (.650) vs. the AFC. Kansas City was 28-12 (.700) vs. the NFC.

Quote Originally Posted by class_of_2012 View Post

2. Who cares? The Bills were never going to draft this loser criminal thug anyway. He's a scam artist first class. Criminals don't play for the Bills...never have, never will.
    OJ didn't play for us?

Quote Originally Posted by class_of_2012 View Post

Besides OJ and Travis Henry, but I guess that was after the fact.

This is such a bizarre story.

Here's the latest (Te'o's side of the story) http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...re-dame-011813

Apparently he lied to his father about meeting his fake girlfriend and then lied to everyone else to cover up that lie. When he spoke to her on Skype her photo was blocked.

Here's my questions to Te'o:

Why would you have an internet girlfriend when you are a star football player at a university? He's not a math major.
    How could you carry on an online relationship for three years without meeting her face to face? They do get breaks from school.
    “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” -William Ward

Quote Originally Posted by koochdog View Post
    NO. 100% NO!

1. Te'o never used banned drugs.
    2. Te'o has not committed a criminal offense. At the worst he was complicit in a lie for sympathy, at best he was the victim of an incredibly cruel prank. Neither one makes him a criminal.
    3. I would LOVE to see you "try and teach the punk [Manti} a lesson." I can only imagine how that would turn out lol.

C'mon it's not like he killed dogs

No he won't. This story doesn't make any difference at all in his draft stock. Polian will probably go down as the greatest GM of all time and he said this won't effect Te'os draft stock at all.