Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Notre Dame's Manti Te'o May Lose Millions On NFL Draft Day Due To Girlfriend Hoax

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by SpielmanGilchrist View Post
    If he was it was in the beginning and then he lied once the media pumped up the story. But thats a huge leap of faith, because the one fact he cannot get around was that he met her after the Stanford game. Personally I think he was lying from square one. Either way he cannot claim to be 100% innocent.
    Who cares? If he legitimately thought she died, and found out on December 6th that she never existed, any rational person would've handled it the way he did. Who would go to the media out of the blue and say what really happened at that point? It's extremely embarrassing.

criminal? seriously people? what law did he break? Thug? who did he hurt?

​A True American Hero

"If ever a man had it all, it would have to be me"

"living is easy with eyes closed"

​"believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear"

I think that "criminal" guy is just trying to get a rise out of people or make a point.
    "One man's garbage is another man person's good ungarbage"

Someplace that you'd rather be. Right here, right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bonnassabres View Post
    No he won't. This story doesn't make any difference at all in his draft stock. Polian will probably go down as the greatest GM of all time and he said this won't effect Te'os draft stock at all.
    We really don't know if it will affect his draft position because all of the details are yet to emerge. This is the only thing I do know. If he does slip into the later portions of the 1st round and NE drafts him, Billy B will be praised for yet another "genius" move. However, if the Bills trade up from the 2nd round to get in front of NE and draft Te'o late in the first, we will be criticized and people will wonder about such a move to bring in a controversial distraction.

THAT I am 100% certain of.

Quote Originally Posted by bonnassabres View Post
    Who cares? If he legitimately thought she died, and found out on December 6th that she never existed, any rational person would've handled it the way he did. Who would go to the media out of the blue and say what really happened at that point? It's extremely embarrassing.
    How do you explain him meeting her after the Stanford game and her coming out and meeting his parents? There is still a lot of unanswered questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnerjk View Post
    Why are you that mad about a jersey tucking?
    “As hard as it is for me to actually say this, I have to say that I am a fan of The Ohio State University,” Tim Tebow
    "Those are not at all to be tolerated who deny the being of God." John Locke

Quote Originally Posted by SpielmanGilchrist View Post
    How do you explain him meeting her after the Stanford game and her coming out and meeting his parents? There is still a lot of unanswered questions.
    Who said anything about Stanford? He said that she saw him his sophomore year at the USC game, exact words "she saw me" which implied they met but was probably a fabrication based on what he was told by "Lennay". Pretty consistent with what we know about him feeling awkward about the exclusively online nature of the relationship and embellishing his story. Hey, I don't see you admitting to being in an online relationship, what are you hiding?
    Note to Russ Brandon: Potential sells tickets in September and October, winning sells tickets in November and December.

I love how the anhhung123ts bot has a signature. Awesome.
    Note to Russ Brandon: Potential sells tickets in September and October, winning sells tickets in November and December.

Someplace that you'd rather be. Right here, right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cribbs20 View Post
    I love how the anhhung123ts bot has a signature. Awesome.
    That's not a bot, you just don't know how to read nghi?m nhánh.

Who said anything about Stanford? He said that she saw him his sophomore year at the USC game, exact words "she saw me" which implied they met but was probably a fabrication based on what he was told by "Lennay". Pretty consistent with what we know about him feeling awkward about the exclusively online nature of the relationship and embellishing his story. Hey, I don't see you admitting to being in an online relationship, what are you hiding?
    Not according to his father.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnerjk View Post
    Why are you that mad about a jersey tucking?
    “As hard as it is for me to actually say this, I have to say that I am a fan of The Ohio State University,” Tim Tebow
    "Those are not at all to be tolerated who deny the being of God." John Locke

the guy doesn't have enough upstairs to handle this kind of media pressure, he's well less than a simple lad

good thing he didn't have to face a real team until 42-14

New reports are coming out that the hoax perpetrator had two cousins in on it, and Manti was too embarrassed to tell his dad that he had never met the girlfriend
    Sounds just like a lonely Hawaiin kid to me

Also, who does have enough upstairs to handle this kind of media pressure? The president...maybe

No one said Manti was a rocket scientist or Will Hunting, he's a football player

As for not facing a real team-look at Stanford, Miami, Oklahoma, USC-kinda, Michigan. All these teams have won multiple National Championships my friend

I'm still trying to wrap my mind how someone could be so stupid. He never once asked to skype with the girl? He sent flowers to a random address, and never followed up about the funeral home or cemetery? She flatlined numerous times after the car accident and he never once thought to fly over there? They arranged to meet and everytime she flaked out and Ronaiah showed up instead? Now they're reporting he still held out hope she was real until the story broke this week!

Dude makes McKelvin look like the second coming of Niels Bohr and Einstein rolled into one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrfalcon View Post
    I'm still trying to wrap my mind how someone could be so stupid. He never once asked to skype with the girl? He sent flowers to a random address, and never followed up about the funeral home or cemetery? She flatlined numerous times after the car accident and he never once thought to fly over there? They arranged to meet and everytime she flaked out and Ronaiah showed up instead? Now they're reporting he still held out hope she was real until the story broke this week!

Dude makes McKelvin look like the second coming of Niels Bohr and Einstein rolled into one.

LOL

"how do you complement your QB on the field?"

"well.... he throws me a nice pass and i tell him nice pass?"