Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kiper: Nassib has been skyrocketing

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by lleveille View Post
    Gabby .. hahahaha!
    Everyone knew he was going to suck in the NFL.
    There were a lot of Gabbertniks around in 2011 - they refused to listen to reason - as in his stats vs good defenses(horrible) - Nassib is much the same, but less of an athlete. What you see against Rutgers is what you will see on Sundays. A lot of the guys pushing Gabbert are pushing taking Nassib or another QB at 8.

We will be the laughing stock of the league if we take him at 8.

Kiper pushed Clausen - we all know how that worked out. I am not sure if Nassib is any better than Clausen was - Nassib certainly had not seen the strength of schedule Clausen did and Clausen's last year was tons better than Nassib's
    Coming soon - my wish list for 2014

Gaffney is my sleeper pick

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFan8083 View Post
    With the 8th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select Ryan Nassib, Quaterback, Syracuse.
    I don't think so....

I've read his long ball accuracy is not that good. Cannon arm but no long distance touch. Now I have only seen his bowl game & he was quite good. They didnt go deep alot though. Short passes to mid level. He managed the game well.
    2009-2013 Adopt A Bill: Eric Wood
    2014 Draft (will change ALOT)
    1. Mathews, OT, Texas A&M
    2. Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Wash
    3. West, RB, Towson
    4. Archer, WR/RB/KR, Kent St.
    5. Aiken, CB, Liberty
    7. Washington, WR, MO
    UDFA- Ballentine, FS, Memphis / Hall, OT, Belhaven / Palepoi, DT, Utah / Cobb, RB, Cumberland / Josey, RB, MO / Ladson, OT, Delaware / Fields, OLB, Winston-Salem / Fonoti, OT, Mich St. / Siddoway, OT, Miss St. / Walker, RB, Bemidji St./ Jackson, ILB, W. Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Brown View Post
    Kiper: Nassib has been skyrocketing

I'm sure the reason Kiper is saying this is that he hasn't seen the many experts on this board who have made it clear that Nassib will be available in the 4th or 5th rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post
    I'm sure the reason Kiper is saying this is that he hasn't seen the many experts on this board who have made it clear that Nassib will be available in the 4th or 5th rounds.
    no he won't........I think the 3rd at the most........

Quote Originally Posted by Tates View Post
    There were a lot of Gabbertniks around in 2011 - they refused to listen to reason - as in his stats vs good defenses(horrible) - Nassib is much the same, but less of an athlete. What you see against Rutgers is what you will see on Sundays. A lot of the guys pushing Gabbert are pushing taking Nassib or another QB at 8.

We will be the laughing stock of the league if we take him at 8.

Kiper pushed Clausen - we all know how that worked out. I am not sure if Nassib is any better than Clausen was - Nassib certainly had not seen the strength of schedule Clausen did and Clausen's last year was tons better than Nassib's

There were a lot of Kaepertniks too, weren't there? And a lot of Daltonniks? Ponderniks? Russell Wilsonniks?

How did that work out?

And as for strength of schedule, how many SEC teams did the Delaware Blue Hens play the year Flacco came out? How about Nevada the year Kaepernick came out? Those are the two Super Bowl QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cribbs20 View Post
    With the 1st pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select Johnny Football, Quarterback, Texas A&M.

Try "With the 20th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, with Johnny Football long gone, the Buffalo Bills select ... someone else."

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo me View Post
    he is shooting up the boards because they think buffalo takes him at 8.....which is much too soon imo.its not too hard to understand.

The reason they think Buffalo takes him at 8 is because the other teams that want a QB are seeing what Buffalo sees. Will they take him at #(? Who knows. Is it a possibility. Yeah. Not a strong one yet, but as the Senior Bowl goes on, the combine, the interviews, the chalk talks, the personal workouts, yeah, he could easily come to be thought of as worth a high pick.

Nobody thought Ponder was going that early. Nobody thought Tannehill was even a first rounder till the last week or two when the Dolphins rumors started. Nobody even thought Matt Ryan was a top ten guy till Mayock came out saying so around two weeks before the draft.

Kid yourself if you want, folks. The facts are that some QBs shoot up an awful lot, and you and I don't know which ones they'll be.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post
    The reason they think Buffalo takes him at 8 is because the other teams that want a QB are seeing what Buffalo sees. Will they take him at #(? Who knows. Is it a possibility. Yeah. Not a strong one yet, but as the Senior Bowl goes on, the combine, the interviews, the chalk talks, the personal workouts, yeah, he could easily come to be thought of as worth a high pick.

Nobody thought Ponder was going that early. Nobody thought Tannehill was even a first rounder till the last week or two when the Dolphins rumors started. Nobody even thought Matt Ryan was a top ten guy till Mayock came out saying so around two weeks before the draft.

Kid yourself if you want, folks. The facts are that some QBs shoot up an awful lot, and you and I don't know which ones they'll be.

nice contradiction
    I don't give my opinion, I administer it

Can't wait for the "buffalo series" where Toronto plays one game a year at the Ralph ?

"Peace be with you, my brothers, and also with backup Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller." - Ruxin (The League)

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo me View Post
    he is shooting up the boards because they think buffalo takes him at 8.....which is much too soon imo.its not too hard to understand.
    If that be the case (not saying one way or the other), one would have to believe Buffalo had Nassib rated pretty high throughout the process. Thus, not "skyrocketing" at all.

Furthermore, Buffalo is not going to be taking Nassib high just because of the recent staff they put into place. Nix/Whaley have entirely too much riding on this to just draft a kid based on a former relationship.
    I LOVE ME SOME ME
    Adopt a Bill 2012- Cordy Glenn
    Adopt a Bill 2013- Mario Williams
    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Emerson

Mock 4/20
    1) Eric Ebron TE, UNC
    2) Scott Crichton DE, Oregon State
    3) Christian Jones OLB, FSU
    4) Billy Turner OT, North Dakota State
    5) Andre Williams RB, BC

Quote Originally Posted by senecabill View Post
    This is not going to set well with the armchair GM's who like to peg things months in advance. I am not saying he is the best option for the Bills but it does create a problem for those wanting to trade down out of our current spot if Nassib grades out and projects to go in the top 15. It's nice to grab a prospect where you think his grade places him but sometimes a team is forced to take a player in a spot where his value is not maximized. Especially a player that the coaching can best work with and the player is critical to building an offensive or defensive unit.
    This is the dumbest thing ive heard. If you like a qb enough you draft him. Why trade down to try to prove how smart you are? If you like him take him at 8 and take the risk out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mat68 View Post
    This is the dumbest thing ive heard. If you like a qb enough you draft him. Why trade down to try to prove how smart you are? If you like him take him at 8 and take the risk out of it.
    Not defending the other guys post, however, by trading down you acquire more picks thus making the selection more valued to a degree. I fore one agree, do not try to out smart your self, draft the guy you want when you want. Trying to outsmart the draft can come back to bite you in the arse.
    I LOVE ME SOME ME
    Adopt a Bill 2012- Cordy Glenn
    Adopt a Bill 2013- Mario Williams
    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Emerson

Mock 4/20
    1) Eric Ebron TE, UNC
    2) Scott Crichton DE, Oregon State
    3) Christian Jones OLB, FSU
    4) Billy Turner OT, North Dakota State
    5) Andre Williams RB, BC

Nassib will be a 2nd round pick or at very best a very late 1st rounder.
    1) Taylor Lewan OT Michigan 6'7" 310
    2) Zach Martin Notre Dame OT/G 6'4" 308
    3) Donte Moncrief WR 6'3" 226
    4) Dominique Easely DE Florida 6'2" 282
    5) Max Bullough ILB Mich St 6'3" 260
    7) Pat O'Donnell P Miami 6'5" 222

I watched the senior bowl practice today and thought Nassib was by far the best of the six with wilson 2nd best.

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFan View Post
    If that be the case (not saying one way or the other), one would have to believe Buffalo had Nassib rated pretty high throughout the process. Thus, not "skyrocketing" at all.

Furthermore, Buffalo is not going to be taking Nassib high just because of the recent staff they put into place. Nix/Whaley have entirely too much riding on this to just draft a kid based on a former relationship.
    im just saying that the "experts" want to have accurate predictions.he is shooting up "mock" draft boards because people believe there is a chance the bills take him at 8.basically he is skyrocketing in the media world and not(hopefully for us) the football world.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/fredsig.jpg/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    everyone has to believe in something.......i believe i'll have another beer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa9LNPwZIGA

"He's not going to struggle. He'll get better, and he's not going to turn the ball over. We've got our quarterback, and we're going to get started in the right direction. We've got to do that, and we know it."-Buddy Nix after game 1

People! Can you imagine the pressure on Coach Marrone here? He gets a shot to be an NFL Head Coach clear out of the blue. And look what happens. He then has a choice about drafting his previous college QB. If it works he is a genius! If it doesn't work the decision will follow him FOREVER.

My guess is that he will NOT push to hard to have his future coaching career hang on Nassib. If I were him, I would pick someone else, anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by ca-deek View Post
    People! Can you imagine the pressure on Coach Marrone here? He gets a shot to be an NFL Head Coach clear out of the blue. And look what happens. He then has a choice about drafting his previous college QB. If it works he is a genius! If it doesn't work the decision will follow him FOREVER.

My guess is that he will NOT push to hard to have his future coaching career hang on Nassib. If I were him, I would pick someone else, anyone else.
    lets hope he feels this way also.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/fredsig.jpg/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    everyone has to believe in something.......i believe i'll have another beer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa9LNPwZIGA

"He's not going to struggle. He'll get better, and he's not going to turn the ball over. We've got our quarterback, and we're going to get started in the right direction. We've got to do that, and we know it."-Buddy Nix after game 1

I still think they go BPA and take Te'o at 8.

Owner of www.nfldraftdiamonds.com

NFL Draft Analyst and Scout

Follow me on Twitter @drocksthaparty and @DraftDiamonds

Quote Originally Posted by dtsportscards View Post
    I still think they go BPA and take Te'o at 8.
    I think thats the best way to go imo.

Te'o, then trade up to late 1st and get the QB of your choice before the run.
    Go Bills!

DRAFT
    1. Jake Matthews, LT, Texas A&M
    2. Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame
    3. Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson
    4. Trai Turner, OG, LSU
    5. Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia
    7. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami

Acquisitions: Corey Graham, Chris Williams, Brandon Spikes, Anthony Dixon, Mike Williams.

So take teo at 8 and then trade back up to the 10-12 range? Thats what we would have to do to get our guy. Sounds very costly. You guys need to realize that the qbs arent going to be there at the end of the round.